When Romney wins the nomination, who will the Tea Party's candidate be?

I'm not ruling out the possibility that Cain could win the GOP nomination, but I don't think it's likely because of his 9-9-9 plan - because of questions about whether the numbers add up, questions about the tax burden being shifted to poorer people, and general unwillingness of people to put up with the drastic regulatory change which would come with implementing 9-9-9. (I think that the nation has PTSD from the recession and from Obama's changes and won't be willing to accept any more big changes for a long time.)

So, assuming Romney wins the nomination. Will there be one particular third party candidate that the far right will rally behind?

Whoever it is, I'll send him money.

So..... What I'm gathering is that the t-partiers will vote against their principles as long as they get a conservative OF ANY STRIPE in the WH? I'm not buying it.

Well, I'm not a member of the tea party, so I won't speak for them, only for myself.

And I'm being honest, I don't trust Wind Sock Romney, I think he lack integrity and will say what ever he thinks it will take to get elected...if he had not run in 2008 he would be polling with John Huntsman...and we shouldn't be bamboozled into nominating him because it's "his turn"...that's just stupid.

But, I'm only one man...if others decide to nominate a liberal instead of a conservative, it is so imperative to defeat Obamacare that I will have no choice but to support him.

It comes down to a very simple decision for me...I would prefer to be saddled with Romney for 4 to 8 years than be paying for Obamacare for the rest of my natural life, and watch my children...and grandchildren struggle under that debt.

Romney will end up choosing a true conservative running mate. In the end, he will garner votes from the TP. He already will garner votes from the Independents. Besides, I think most who dislike Obama will end up holding their noses and vote for Romney. I plan to.

I think it begs the question. What is the TEA party about?

Is the TEA Party just about hating Obama? Then, yeah, I guess they can vote for Rombot V 4.0 because he's not Obama. Absolutely.

If it's about a bunch of principles about less taxes, smaller government, ending the government attempt to hijack health care in this country, then Supporting Romney kind of betrays all those principles.

He's been on record for Cap and Trade.
He's been on record for raising taxes by closing "loopholes".
He invented ObamaCare back when it was called "RomneyCare".

In short, you just laid down for the Establishment and voted for more of the same.

And ironically, you've abdicated the mantle of expressing the popular outrage away from TEA and gave it to OWS, which will have longer legs politically.

the problem for Cain is, he has like zero organization compared to Romney, and it will matter. It always does. The est. reps big money will line up for romney now that Christie is totally out.

I wasn't happy to see him shill for romneycare either, I give him some props for being loyal to a rep. and I think he will campaign for Romney but it was borderline insulting.

LoneLaugher said:
You can't explain how "Obamacare" is an entitlement can you?
An entitlement is a guarantee of access to benefits based on established rights or by legislation. A "right" is itself an entitlement associated with a moral or social principle, such that an "entitlement" is a provision made in accordance with legal framework of a society. Typically, entitlements are laws based on concepts of principle ("rights") which are themselves based in concepts of social equality or enfranchisement.

Entitlement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how is Obammycare NOT an entitlement.....?

^^^ This.

No need for me to elaborate. :thup:

So..... What I'm gathering is that the t-partiers will vote against their principles as long as they get a conservative OF ANY STRIPE in the WH? I'm not buying it.

Well, I'm not a member of the tea party, so I won't speak for them, only for myself.

And I'm being honest, I don't trust Wind Sock Romney, I think he lack integrity and will say what ever he thinks it will take to get elected...if he had not run in 2008 he would be polling with John Huntsman...and we shouldn't be bamboozled into nominating him because it's "his turn"...that's just stupid.

But, I'm only one man...if others decide to nominate a liberal instead of a conservative, it is so imperative to defeat Obamacare that I will have no choice but to support him.

It comes down to a very simple decision for me...I would prefer to be saddled with Romney for 4 to 8 years than be paying for Obamacare for the rest of my natural life, and watch my children...and grandchildren struggle under that debt.

yes, well said........its a tough place to be in. I started voting with ford carter. I have voted R 6 times D once and I twice.

I don't trust romney either. the same way I didn't trust McCain . I skipped McCain and went Indy. This time? ......I hate voting against a candidate and not FOR another......I really do, but.....I may have to cut cards with the devil.

Standing for limited government, fiscal responsibility and low taxes is "far right" eh? Whatever.

The TP's candidate is not one President but many members of the Senate and House that will result in an R supermajority with the majority of Rs standing for traditional R values: limited government, fiscal responsibility and low taxes. Then, it matters little which R wins the White House.

It's really gonna suck for you central planner, nanny state meddlers. Couldn't happen to a nice bunch of folks.

The far right claims to stand for limited gov't and fiscal responsibility but doesn't tend to legislate that way. Their social conservatism tends to get in the way of what they seem to honestly believe about their governing ideals.

The resulting cognitive dissonance allows people like Sharron Angle to get on tickets and keeps people like Harry Reid in office.

Standing for limited government, fiscal responsibility and low taxes is "far right" eh? Whatever.

The TP's candidate is not one President but many members of the Senate and House that will result in an R supermajority with the majority of Rs standing for traditional R values: limited government, fiscal responsibility and low taxes. Then, it matters little which R wins the White House.

It's really gonna suck for you central planner, nanny state meddlers. Couldn't happen to a nice bunch of folks.

The far right claims to stand for limited gov't and fiscal responsibility but doesn't tend to legislate that way. Their social conservatism tends to get in the way of what they seem to honestly believe about their governing ideals.

The resulting cognitive dissonance allows people like Sharron Angle to get on tickets and keeps people like Harry Reid in office.

Does limited government mean we must allow people to legally commit murder?

Does limited government mean allowing cocaine, crack, meth and pcp to be legalized?

Then what exactly is the cognitive dissonance you are referring to?

Last edited:

I'm not ruling out the possibility that Cain could win the GOP nomination, but I don't think it's likely because of his 9-9-9 plan - because of questions about whether the numbers add up, questions about the tax burden being shifted to poorer people, and general unwillingness of people to put up with the drastic regulatory change which would come with implementing 9-9-9. (I think that the nation has PTSD from the recession and from Obama's changes and won't be willing to accept any more big changes for a long time.)

So, assuming Romney wins the nomination. Will there be one particular third party candidate that the far right will rally behind?

Romney is considered the inside favorite to win the GOP nomination, but STILL the question takes that as a given.

It is not "when."

It's IF.

Personally, I don't think he's going to get the nod.

Who will? To me Cain is his only competition right now, and I don't think 9-9-9 will pass muster. Do you foresee anyone else being able to come from behind?

There is the entire rest of the field. Being "behind" now doesn't mean diddly dog.

Romney being in a "lead" (of sorts) is also potentially ephemeral.

I am hoping (not yet knowing) that those who underestimate Mr. Cain will be in for a surprise.

The 9-9-9 plan may not be perfect. But it is, for all its faults, already a VAST improvement over our current income tax system, code and enforcement. I believe that letting it percolate and getting the information out to the electorate will persuade them that it has real value and potential. Mr. Cain can ride that.

Last edited:
LoneLaugher said:
You can't explain how "Obamacare" is an entitlement can you?
An entitlement is a guarantee of access to benefits based on established rights or by legislation. A "right" is itself an entitlement associated with a moral or social principle, such that an "entitlement" is a provision made in accordance with legal framework of a society. Typically, entitlements are laws based on concepts of principle ("rights") which are themselves based in concepts of social equality or enfranchisement.

Entitlement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how is Obammycare NOT an entitlement.....?

^^^ This.

No need for me to elaborate. :thup:

Ya don't think so, huh? You think that definition applies to the Affordable Care Act, do ya?

"No need for me to elaborate" = I am unable to elaborate......which is why I think a doofus like Perry could possibly have the nuts to be POTUS.

Corky from Life Goes On.

[The far right claims to stand for limited gov't and fiscal responsibility but doesn't tend to legislate that way. Their social conservatism tends to get in the way of what they seem to honestly believe about their governing ideals.

I think like Most RomneyBots, you dont see the link between social conservativism and limited government.

The reason why government has gotten so ridiculously big is because government has stepped in and doing things that should be done by families, communities and churches. And it does them BADLY.

I do think that they got some things wrong. For instance, insistence on tax cuts before spending cuts. Foolish. It's just easier to borrow than to cut when revenues decline.

Of course, nominate Romney, it won't make a difference. It'll just be the lesser of two liberals.

Cain has no shot. He lacks any kind of credible experience and his 9-9-9 Plan is DOA. I would mention the race angle too, but that just makes conservatives cry.

Romney will get the nomination because he's a good looking, white male that the GOP establishment likes.

As for the Tea Party, I still believe there are too many racist elements in that organization. I am not saying all TPers are racist, but I think there are enough that the organization will back ANYONE up against Obama. They will not float their own candidate.

Why is it all the freaking morons here pick names like TruthMatters and DontBeStupid? Seriously, why?

A conservative black man is leading the polls right now and LookImStoopid thinks coservatives are racist. Idiot!

I never said "conservatives are racist". I think the majority aren't. But if you think NONE of them are, then you're fooling yourself. The Tea Party Movement started almost immediately after Obama took office, and well before he had passed anything "radical". There are simply people out there who, regardless of policies, don't like Obama because he's Obama. And those people are in the Tea Party and have sway over the direction. Add that to the people who have been conned in to thinking Obama's policies are hurting the country, and that's why I say the TP will back Romney when he gets the nomination.

As for my handle, there are too many people, on both sides, who choose to not read up and research an issue. That makes absolutely no sense in an internet era. If we're discussing a topic you don't understand, dude, don't be stupid. Look it up.

The Tea Party..well the one backed by Dick Armey and FOX was a product of this rant:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp-Jw-5Kx8k]CNBC's Rick Santelli's Chicago Tea Party - YouTube[/ame]

It was nothing about TARP. It was about a possible mortgage bailout.

Romney will end up choosing a true conservative running mate. In the end, he will garner votes from the TP. He already will garner votes from the Independents. Besides, I think most who dislike Obama will end up holding their noses and vote for Romney. I plan to.

I think it begs the question. What is the TEA party about?

Is the TEA Party just about hating Obama? Then, yeah, I guess they can vote for Rombot V 4.0 because he's not Obama. Absolutely.

If it's about a bunch of principles about less taxes, smaller government, ending the government attempt to hijack health care in this country, then Supporting Romney kind of betrays all those principles.

He's been on record for Cap and Trade.
He's been on record for raising taxes by closing "loopholes".
He invented ObamaCare back when it was called "RomneyCare".

In short, you just laid down for the Establishment and voted for more of the same.

And ironically, you've abdicated the mantle of expressing the popular outrage away from TEA and gave it to OWS, which will have longer legs politically.

Both "Cap and Trade" and "RomneyCare" were conservative alternatives to single payer and more environmental regulations.

Closing Loopholes was also a conservative alternative to raising taxes.

:lol:

The TP will fall in line behind Mitt because they are really just the GOP now.
They will never admit this, because you know, they live in another world.

Like i said the TP are whores because anyone is better than Obama to them..

Whoever gets the Republican nomination will get the support of the majority of TP'ers because that person will most closely align with the ir principles.
They will readily admit this because you know, they live in the real world.

The TP are practical because they know that anyone is better than Dear Leader.

Romeny because he will pick herman cain as his VP and that would make teapartiers happy (in my personal opinion)

Romeny because he will pick herman cain as his VP and that would make teapartiers happy (in my personal opinion)

Oh come on PP......you know the racist TP'ers would never really support a negro. They are simply pretending to back a negro to spite the followers of Dear Leader. It's all a clever PR ruse to be able to say, "look, we have a negro too". ;)

Forum List

Back