When rightwingers say the federal "government" this or that....

I get the OP's original point. Conservatives have turned the federal government into some hulking, amorphous beast that they are separate from. While it can be said that the government has grown out of control, part of what I think the OP was trying to bring to light was...it's all of our own faults in some ways that this has happened. If only for lack of political involvement ...or not holiding the politicians we voted for to their promises.

It DOES feel like a load of warm horse piss for anyone at all to claim their superiority to the government when it's been a creation of the people (i.e. themselves) all along. Conservatives (and Dems) are no better than the government they complain about...until they DO something about it.

Well, finally somebody gets the point of what I was saying. When righwtingers listen to Republicans talk about "shrinking the size" of government they need to be cognizant of fact that these same Republican politicians are exactly a part of what they claim they aim to shrink, so when these stupid righwtingers make accusations against the government they need to quit pretending as if these politicians are some separate entity apart from the government. Part of the government is who you vote in.

Which might explain why every poster on this thread is intelligent enough to understand that all politicians are the same, and not believe any of them. (Almost every poster, you don't get it.)

so who the hell are you monkeys referring to?

We are referring to an "entity" that now picks winners and losers in business. An entity that beholds donors to elections as opposed to what people who elected them, want...i.e... Obamacare. The system is correcting itself and we will be fine. Dosen't mean we lay in the warm embrace of big brother and hope it takes care of us. It sucks that half the country thinks we are all helpless and can't take care of ourselves, but at some point we will. I just plan to keep my eye on your benevalent God of beaurocracy and be prepared when the helicopters DON'T land in New Orleans...A prime example of the state "entity" failing its people...Enjoy your free stuff while it lasts Boss :)

Maybe some people like the government to get big and then bigger getting more and more involved in our lives.After all when you accept all the government handouts you have to expect there will be a demand from you.And you will be expected to pay that tab.Then you have the people that want government out of their lives as much as possible allowing the freedom to make our own choices and have government get out of the way.

This pretty much describes the difference between Democrats and Republicans.

I get the OP's original point. Conservatives have turned the federal government into some hulking, amorphous beast that they are separate from. While it can be said that the government has grown out of control, part of what I think the OP was trying to bring to light was...it's all of our own faults in some ways that this has happened. If only for lack of political involvement ...or not holiding the politicians we voted for to their promises.

It DOES feel like a load of warm horse piss for anyone at all to claim their superiority to the government when it's been a creation of the people (i.e. themselves) all along. Conservatives (and Dems) are no better than the government they complain about...until they DO something about it.

Well, finally somebody gets the point of what I was saying. When righwtingers listen to Republicans talk about "shrinking the size" of government they need to be cognizant of fact that these same Republican politicians are exactly a part of what they claim they aim to shrink, so when these stupid righwtingers make accusations against the government they need to quit pretending as if these politicians are some separate entity apart from the government. Part of the government is who you vote in.

Uh, duh. But for what it's worth, that would have made a much better OP. (OK slightly better and slightly less angry, lol) Since I had the guy on the brain anyway...

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
- P. J. O'Rourke

Who are they referring to? The federal government isn't an entity unto itself that acts on its own impulses without the influence and actions of humans, so who the hell are you monkeys referring to? When you say the federal "government" takes away, invades, and intrudes, who exactly and specifically is taking away, invading and intruding, is it something tangible or it your rabid, rightwing imagination running wild?

I'm not sure. What was it when W was President?

Who are they referring to? The federal government isn't an entity unto itself that acts on its own impulses without the influence and actions of humans, so who the hell are you monkeys referring to? When you say the federal "government" takes away, invades, and intrudes, who exactly and specifically is taking away, invading and intruding, is it something tangible or it your rabid, rightwing imagination running wild?

See, the Federal government is the government between the 50 states. They include individuals who make up three branches of government. The Executive, the legislative, and the Judicial.

The Executive Branch is the President.

The Legislative Branch, which is divided between both the House and Senate, is the Congressmen and Senators.

The Judicial Branch includes the 9 Justices of the Supreme Court and the various lower court judges.

These people make up the Federal government. When any members of the 3 branches or their subbordinates break the law, abuse our rights, or do anything to oppress us, they do so acting for the Federal Government.

I'm glad that you are finally taking some interest in your country and I hope my answer has been helpful. Please continue your studies of our political system. It will help you appreciate the miracle that is America.

See, the Federal government is the government between the 50 states. They include individuals who make up three branches of government. The Executive, the legislative, and the Judicial.

The Legislative Branch, which is divided between both the House and Senate, is the Congressmen and Senators.

The Judicial Branch includes the 9 Justices of the Supreme Court and the various lower court judges.

These people make up the Federal government. When any members of the 3 branches or their subbordinates break the law, abuse our rights, or do anything to oppress us, they do so acting for the Federal Government.

I'm glad that you are finally taking some interest in your country and I hope my answer has been helpful. Please continue your studies of our political system. It will help you appreciate the miracle that is America.

Shouldn't the entire USMB posting entourage including the OP be familiar with your lesson here? Christ...I mean it's basic...and God bless your soul have to re-teach something they should have learned in elementary school?

Your not educating me telling me what I've already knew since elementary school moron and my question still wasn't answered, when you RWers accuse the "government" of taking from you and violating your "rights" who specifically are you making an accusation against? Since you like to think you're smart, which branch of the government is oppressing you and should I more accurately say who within it is oppressing you? When you say "reduce" the size of government which "branch" and or whom do you want "reduced?"

Still no one has answered my questions.

Maybe some people like the government to get big and then bigger getting more and more involved in our lives.After all when you accept all the government handouts you have to expect there will be a demand from you.And you will be expected to pay that tab.Then you have the people that want government out of their lives as much as possible allowing the freedom to make our own choices and have government get out of the way.

This pretty much describes the difference between Democrats and Republicans.

You continue to say "government" this and that without specifically stating who or what within or thats a part of the government as if the "government" is some single entity acting on its own when it sure as hell doesn't.

Your not educating me telling me what I've already knew since elementary school moron and my question still wasn't answered, when you RWers accuse the "government" of taking from you and violating your "rights" who specifically are you making an accusation against? Since you like to think you're smart, which branch of the government is oppressing you and should I more accurately say who within it is oppressing you? When you say "reduce" the size of government which "branch" and or whom do you want "reduced?"

We have. You haven't bothered to read. You seem to think rights come from Government.

And all three branches have abridged liberty in favour of government.

If you Libs don't know what is meant by the Federal Government the entity that you Libs worship so....Well that says more about you then it does me.

I know who and what the federal govt is, I'm asking you rightwingers to identify specifically who your "oppressor" is.
"Who are they referring to? The federal government isn't an entity unto itself that acts on its own impulses without the influence and actions of humans, so who the hell are you monkeys referring to? When you say the federal "government" takes away, invades, and intrudes, who exactly and specifically is taking away, invading and intruding, is it something tangible or it your rabid, rightwing imagination running wild?
Now genius, please tell us where in your OP you mentioned anything about "oppression"...?
You wanted specifics..
Ok...Let's look at some government policies which make as much sense as allowing a fox to guard a hen house.
Just a few months ago, the US DOJ issued a decision that essentially wrests control from local authority in disciplinary policy.
The DOJ has decided that a quota system be used (Barnwell, SC Schools) in school suspension. The DOJ has stated that if a disproportionate number of minority students are suspended the school MUST find alternative punishments. For example, if a black kid commits an infraction that merits suspension but the suspension would put the school over the limit of minority suspensions, the school MUST not suspend the student. That is without regard to the infraction.
Secondly, the school administration is prohibited from contacting law enforcement unless a student or faculty member has been injured.
Another example. The federal government prohibits school districts from investigating possible fraudulent claims for free or reduce priced school meals. Essentially the federal government has an open door to cheating the system. Some claim this is to skew numbers of students( poverty is tied directly to the number of kids getting free or reduced price meals) in poverty. Also school admins receive much needed additional federal dollars for each additional student receiving the entitlement.
The federal government has made it policy to make threats to with hold federal funding whenever a state or municipality refuses to follow federal guidelines.
The federal government makes laws that are essentially unfunded mandates. The feds pass a law and expect the states to fund and administer the law( Unemployment extensions).
The federal government uses taxpayer monies to purchase land and the mineral rights then leases the land to resource harvesters then extracts royalty payments for the resource harvested then taxes the products created from the resource. That's a good one. Charge three or four times for the same thing.
The federal government creates multiple levels of bureaucracy which cost large amounts of money and make doing business with the federal government almost impossible to conduct without going through a maze of confusing details.
The US Tax code...It is deliberately complicated
The federal government creates laws and regulations and exempts itself form those laws and regulations. ( Obamacare)
These are just a few examples of why we criticize "the government"...

We have. You haven't bothered to read. You seem to think rights come from Government.

No you haven't monkey, its still the same old, blame the government and when in doubt as to who to blame just blame the entire government. In the 1960s Civil Rights Movement blacks knew and specifically pointed out who their oppressors were, but RW monkeys don't.

No you haven't monkey, its still the same old, blame the government and when in doubt as to who to blame just blame the entire government. In the 1960s Civil Rights Movement blacks knew and specifically pointed out who their oppressors were, but RW monkeys don't.

And I am correct. You can't see beyond your nose. Government is NOT the solution to anything other than protecting Liberty as defined in the Constitution. Otherwise? They have caused tis mess with the blessing of the people that don't vote or are too stupid to vote smartly for their own liberty.

But you knew that didn't you? Are you one of those that have fallen for the Statist line that you are zero without government? You almost certainly have to be to come up with a whopper loie of a thread as this.

YOU should be ashamed of yourself if this is the case. Government is NOT your friend. You control them...not the other way around...seems you are a member of the new slavery they have made for folks like you in mind.

Come on in...pull up a chair...we the government are here to help (Screw) you and your liberty.

Shame on you Bass. YOU are an enabler.

patdowngrope.jpg

Controversy over pat-downs, body scans lands at DIA - The Denver Post

Yawn. :razz:

Yeah and then if an airport gets blown up the rightwingers will be saying the "government failed," damned if the government does something, damned if they don't, you can always blame the government for anything.
That is an overly simplistic response. Let us know how you feel when some $8 per hour shithead starts groping your package for no other reason than because you want to get to mom and dad's down in Florida.
I will attempt to bestow a bit of reason on you. See if you pass the test.
I am all for airport/ air travel security.
The issue here is the methods are all wrong.
TSA is using untrained, unqualified people who have little experience in dealing with the public in an intense and important function.
TSA agent's authority is virtually absolute. That is bad policy
There are policies in place that insure any dispute be handled by supervisory personnel in a courteous and respectful manner. As we have seen in news reports, there have been numerous incidents where TSA personnel have treated people very badly and have done so with impunity.
There is nothing wrong with the concept of security. Just do it right.

Forum List

Back