When rightwingers say the federal "government" this or that....

Who are they referring to? The federal government isn't an entity unto itself that acts on its own impulses without the influence and actions of humans, so who the hell are you monkeys referring to? When you say the federal "government" takes away, invades, and intrudes, who exactly and specifically is taking away, invading and intruding, is it something tangible or it your rabid, rightwing imagination running wild?

patdowngrope.jpg

Controversy over pat-downs, body scans lands at DIA - The Denver Post

Yawn. :razz:

Yeah and then if an airport gets blown up the rightwingers will be saying the "government failed," damned if the government does something, damned if they don't, you can always blame the government for anything.

Who are they referring to? The federal government isn't an entity unto itself that acts on its own impulses without the influence and actions of humans, so who the hell are you monkeys referring to? When you say the federal "government" takes away, invades, and intrudes, who exactly and specifically is taking away, invading and intruding, is it something tangible or it your rabid, rightwing imagination running wild?

How's it hangin whitebread. see it's been a while since your self loathing has gotten to you.

Let me help you out with this homey.

The MAN the screwed you over when Bush was in ofc, was the same Man that has been screwing us all over for a very long time.

Just b/c there is a black man in Ofc doesn't mean he's still not the man that be holdin you down.

Well not you, you're a white kid living in mommeis basement, uhm, finished basement.

Funny_leave-1.jpg

Shattered Dreams: One Hundred Stories of Government Abuse

As Ronald Reagan said, the nine scariest words in the English language are, “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.” An important new book, just out from the National Center for Public Policy Research, shows how on the mark the Gipper was. Shattered Dreams: One Hundred Stories of Government Abuse gives a hundred reasons why government left unchecked can harm even innocent, law-abiding citizens.

Nothing else needs to be discussed if you don't respect personal property.

how about if you don't respect someone's right to control their own body?

That is disingenuous...

The debate has nothing to do with taking away someones right to control their own body.

The debate has to do with when life begins.

Controlling ones body is a result, yes...but the main debate is "when life begins".

And I am one all for allowing choice as it pertains to abortion.....but I will not allow anyone to spew that it is a debate of choice....it is a debate on when life begins.

Libs haven't met a life yet they wouldn't mind taking if it benefited them financially. Abortion, end of life counseling.. it's all about money.

The "government" is the people in power.

Like when Romney bragged that government is broken during the 2008 election cycle--yep, that is right!! Republicans like their government castrated and toothless! Well, excepted in terms of active military@

patdowngrope.jpg

Controversy over pat-downs, body scans lands at DIA - The Denver Post

Yawn. :razz:

Yeah and then if an airport gets blown up the rightwingers will be saying the "government failed," damned if the government does something, damned if they don't, you can always blame the government for anything.

If an airport gets blown up the government HAS failed. And Grope-a-Dope is not a solution: not even a half-assed one. :tongue:

I get the OP's original point. Conservatives have turned the federal government into some hulking, amorphous beast that they are separate from. While it can be said that the government has grown out of control, part of what I think the OP was trying to bring to light was...it's all of our own faults in some ways that this has happened. If only for lack of political involvement ...or not holiding the politicians we voted for to their promises.

It DOES feel like a load of warm horse piss for anyone at all to claim their superiority to the government when it's been a creation of the people (i.e. themselves) all along. Conservatives (and Dems) are no better than the government they complain about...until they DO something about it.

Property cleanup leads to court battle: Covington woman removes trash, tires from land, gets cited for conducting 'unlawful' project

What's proved frustrating for Bartol's attorney, Scott LaFranchi, is the broad nature of the law under which she is being prosecuted. RCW 77.55.00 states that "any work that will use, divert, obstruct, or change the natural flow" of a stream requires approval from the state.

Under that rule, LaFranchi said, you can't put your foot in the water

"I understand why the law exists," LaFranchi said. "But is that the intent of the law? To go after people like Gwen for removing trash, tires and a washing machine from a creek.

"The fact that jail time is even on the table seems extreme to me," he said.

Bartol has spent thousands of dollars, first trying to do what the state wanted her to do, and more recently fighting prosecution.

In that time, the stress of the situation led to her divorce.

"It was just too much," Bartol said. She visibly shakes when talking about her frustration with all that has transpired.

Bartol said she didn't know she was doing anything illegal when she cleared blackberry bushes along her property line to remove garbage that motorists had discarded over the years.

Bartol also said she had no clue that removing old tires, a washing machine and other trash from Soos Creek, or placing boulders around a man-made creek diversion, were violations of a state law aimed at protecting salmon-bearing streams.

Bartol disputes the state's claim that she removed several trees and salmon berry bushes that provided shade and erosion control for Soos Creek.

"I'm not doing anything different I haven't done for 22 years," she said.

But all of these activities require permits, Altaras said. "(The state) doesn't discourage people from pulling garbage from streams, but they prefer you get a permit.

"The point of the legislation is to protect fish and there are a lot of salmon in the stream that goes through her property," she said.

:eusa_whistle:

I get the OP's original point. Conservatives have turned the federal government into some hulking, amorphous beast that they are separate from. While it can be said that the government has grown out of control, part of what I think the OP was trying to bring to light was...it's all of our own faults in some ways that this has happened. If only for lack of political involvement ...or not holiding the politicians we voted for to their promises.

It DOES feel like a load of warm horse piss for anyone at all to claim their superiority to the government when it's been a creation of the people (i.e. themselves) all along. Conservatives (and Dems) are no better than the government they complain about...until they DO something about it.

Well, finally somebody gets the point of what I was saying. When righwtingers listen to Republicans talk about "shrinking the size" of government they need to be cognizant of fact that these same Republican politicians are exactly a part of what they claim they aim to shrink, so when these stupid righwtingers make accusations against the government they need to quit pretending as if these politicians are some separate entity apart from the government. Part of the government is who you vote in.

The Drug War's Collateral Damage - Reason Magazine

The Drug War's Collateral Damage
Drug prohibition militarizes our police, enriches our enemies, undermines our laws, and condemns our sick to suffering.

Article too long and too full of examples to quote here... suffice to say: After nearly 40 years of an "official War on Drugs", god knows how much money spent on enforcement, prison, etc... illegal drugs are cheap and easy to find across the country.

This is easily one of the stupidest fucking posts in human history. If some future archaeologist finds it they must conclude that we were a race of clueless fucking morons.

You're mad because you make accusations against a perpetrator you can't even specifically point out except in vague nonspecific terms, so who's the stupid one, the one who can't answer or the one who asked the question you can't answer? Can you answer the question or present more questionable answers that are nonspecific answers?

You might find it useful if you were to stop assuming that everyone else is 'mad', Charlie. Most of aren't. You're deflecting your own anger onto others. That's not clever.

Nothing else needs to be discussed if you don't respect personal property.

how about if you don't respect someone's right to control their own body?

It would seem to me that the woman who elected to have such fun would be responsible, right? Oh yeah, what about the rights of the offspring? So yes, I do have the ultimate respect for a woman's body, jillian.

Also, there's nothing redeeming about hauling off a bunch of fetuses in a medical waste hazardous bag.

Who the hell are you calling "monkeys"? If I called you that, you'd be calling me a racist.
When I use the word "government" I'm talking about the GOVERNMENT. It isn't code.

Who the hell are you calling "monkeys"? If I called you that, you'd be calling me a racist.
When I use the word "government" I'm talking about the GOVERNMENT. It isn't code.

He's just your typical asshole race baiter. He's hoping someone will slip up and call him a monkey in return so he can scream "RACIST!!!" out of his foaming blow hole. It's better to just respond with a simple "fuck you" and move on. He isn't worth wasting bandwidth over.

Grove/Atlantic

Here, in the form of a book excerpt, is a straight up (if longish) answer to the OP and comes from the book that helped turn me into a "rightwinger" (Republican, then Libertarian, currently sudo-Objectivist) way back in 1991... (ancient times, I know)

Parliament of Whores
A Lone Humorist Attempts to Explain the Entire U.S. Government
By P. J. O'Rourke

THE MYSTERY OF GOVERNMENT

Good laws derive from evil habits.
—Macrobius

What is this oozing behemoth, this fibrous tumor, this monster of power and expense hatched from the simple human desire for civic order? How did an allegedly free people spawn a vast, rampant cuttlefish of dominion with its tentacles in every orifice of the body politic?
>>> see link for "answer"...

Forum List

Back