When Rape is Legal and Why

Imagine a scenario where a police officer is walking the night air and hears a woman cry rape. He imediatly* runs to the source of the noise to an apartment. He kicks down the door and sees a man standing over a woman ready to penetrate her. She is still crying rape but the officer does nothing because this is not a crime. The intuitive officer realizes that the couple is playing a kinky sex game when he sees all the bondage and S and M stuff lying around. The couple ask the officer what is the problem and the officer apolagizes and leaves them back to their 'game'.

Now imagine the same scenario but this time when the officer kicks in the door and sees that the woman is not a willing participant. He imediatly* places the man under arrest for the crime of attempted rape.

Even though the two scenarios were almost identical the difference is that in second one someone's freedom was being violated because the woman did not want to be raped while in the first one it was a voluntary kinky sex game. This is the nature of government that ensures freedom in a society. It only acts when someone's freedom is in danger and if it is doing anything else then one must wonder; if it is not ensuring the freedom of every individual then what is it's purpose?

Dude you suck at metaphor. No offense.

If you have something to say I suggest you just say it.

Imagine a scenario where a police officer is walking the night air and hears a woman cry rape. He imediatly* runs to the source of the noise to an apartment. He kicks down the door and sees a man standing over a woman ready to penetrate her. She is still crying rape but the officer does nothing because this is not a crime. The intuitive officer realizes that the couple is playing a kinky sex game when he sees all the bondage and S and M stuff lying around. The couple ask the officer what is the problem and the officer apolagizes and leaves them back to their 'game'.

Now imagine the same scenario but this time when the officer kicks in the door and sees that the woman is not a willing participant. He imediatly* places the man under arrest for the crime of attempted rape.

Even though the two scenarios were almost identical the difference is that in second one someone's freedom was being violated because the woman did not want to be raped while in the first one it was a voluntary kinky sex game. This is the nature of government that ensures freedom in a society. It only acts when someone's freedom is in danger and if it is doing anything else then one must wonder; if it is not ensuring the freedom of every individual then what is it's purpose?

I knew that there would be some confusion which would invite anger, criticism, and questions. Questions that will get answered that extend the conversation in a direction I wanted it to go.

I knew that there would be some confusion which would invite anger, criticism, and questions. Questions that will get answered that extend the conversation in a direction I wanted it to go.

Of course you knew there would be confusion, anger, and criticism. You deliberately misworded your title for exactly those purposes. The only other possible reason for suggesting that rape could ever be legal when, by definition, rape is NEVER legal is that you're not too bright and don't understand English very well. I personally think you were just trying to punch buttons and cause trouble.

I'm Imagining a scenario where a police officer is walking the night air and hears a woman cry rape. He immediatly runs to the source of the noise to an apartment. He kicks down the door and sees a man standing over a woman ready to penetrate her. She is still crying rape but the officer does nothing because this is not a crime. The intuitive officer realizes that the couple is playing a kinky sex game when he sees all the bondage and S and M stuff lying around. The couple ask the officer what is the problem and the officer apolagizes and leaves them back to their 'game'.

Next I'm imagining the same scenario except this time when the officer kicks in the door and sees that the woman is not a willing participant. He immediatly places the man under arrest for the crime of attempted rape, explaining that if he is not ensuring the freedom of every individual then what is his purpose.

Even though the two scenarios were almost identical the difference is that in second one someone's freedom was being violated because the woman did not want to be raped while in the first one it was a voluntary kinky sex game. This is the nature of police that ensures freedom in a society. Police only act when someone's freedom is in danger.

:razz:

Of course you knew there would be confusion, anger, and criticism. You deliberately misworded your title for exactly those purposes. The only other possible reason for suggesting that rape could ever be legal when, by definition, rape is NEVER legal is that you're not too bright and don't understand English very well. I personally think you were just trying to punch buttons and cause trouble.

Your point being?

Which is why most crime, like rape, is non-consenting activities against other people. That is where government should act. When the freedom of someone is being violated because if their was a consentual rape then it would be consenting sex which is why non-consenting sex is defined as rape. This is where government should act and that is to protect someone's freedom.

Fucking dumbass. Sorry but I concur with everyone else. You are a retard. There is no such thing as a "consensual rape", dummy.

At what point did I say that rape should be legalized? What I said is that rape is a crime simply because it violates someone else freedom. Consenting sex is not rape but unconsenting sex is and because of that government must act to protect someone's freedom. In this case it is someone's right not to have sex with someone else but in another it could be your right not to let someone have your property which would be theft.

Theft and rape have this element in common with each other. They are both non-consenting activities between two people. The state should act as a wall between people to protect them from others.

And yes, the state should act to protect people's freedom because other human being will not do that which is why we have things like theft and rape. Do you get what I am saying?

Actually, the "state" is comprised of human beings, in fact, and contrary to whatever you erroneously think, many people do protect their own and other people's freedoms.
A cop car cruises at about 40 mph on the average (if that) and a bullet travels at about 800 mph..
We have less theft and rape when people are encouraged to utilize their second amendment rights, for a good reason- because people (who are not complete pussies or sociopaths) actually DO protect other people.

Your point being?

That your disingenuity isn't fooling anyone or convincing them that you were trying for honest discussion rather than troublemaking.

Fucking dumbass. Sorry but I concur with everyone else. You are a retard. There is no such thing as a "consensual rape", dummy.

At what point did I say that rape should be legalized? What I said is that rape is a crime simply because it violates someone else freedom. Consenting sex is not rape but unconsenting sex is and because of that government must act to protect someone's freedom. In this case it is someone's right not to have sex with someone else but in another it could be your right not to let someone have your property which would be theft.

Theft and rape have this element in common with each other. They are both non-consenting activities between two people. The state should act as a wall between people to protect them from others.

And yes, the state should act to protect people's freedom because other human being will not do that which is why we have things like theft and rape. Do you get what I am saying?

Actually, the "state" is comprised of human beings, in fact, and contrary to whatever you erroneously think, many people do protect their own and other people's freedoms.
A cop car cruises at about 40 mph on the average (if that) and a bullet travels at about 800 mph..
We have less theft and rape when people are encouraged to utilize their second amendment rights, for a good reason- because people (who are not complete pussies or sociopaths) actually DO protect other people.

Also because criminals - unless they're completely insane - have survival instincts just like everyone else.

And you forgot the third scenario...

After bursting in, music starts...BOOM-CHICKA-WAH-WAH!...and the cop tears off his tightly fitting clothes and joins in.

Dude what the fuck are you even babbling about? Role played rape isn't actual rape you idiot because its mutually consensual.

New Topics

Forum List

Back