When Quality is More Pressing Than Price

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Sometimes itā€™s all about the goods you are trading them for, and sometimes itā€™s all about the wallet-sized photos of famous Americans exiting your tight fingertips. :thup:

Quality versus quantity. You get what you pay for.

The top five products where quality is more pressing than price are:

Number five: Vehicles and Vessels. If the point were simply to get from point A to point B on a map in weather-permitting comfort, The Corolla and The Corvette both go the same speed, legally.

The number four product where quality is more pressing than price is alcohol.

(Insert your preferred Deity here) bless the independent distillers, the microbrews, and the local wineries! :beer:

Numbers two and three is a conundrum tie between critical defense ammo and condomsā€¦..

:dunno:

And the number one product line where quality is more pressing than price is the little plastic baggies used by responsible dog owners to pick up after their pet monsters!

When all that separates your fingertips from pure, fresh dog shit is a thin piece of plastic, product failure is not an option.

:D

Never skimp on too-thin garbage can liners because they're cheaper. You'll regret it over... and over... and over....

Say, anybody wanna buy some trash can liners?

You are absolutely spot on with this analysis. I don't get to tell you that very often.

Free market capitalism and competition is not always about price, it's about meeting the demands of the consumer. One of the most lucrative trends these days are organic farms. They are springing up all over the country. They raise grass-fed beef and free range poultry. Organic produce without pesticides and GMOs. Consumers are flocking to them in droves because they seek a healthier choice in what they are putting into their bodies. The prices are usually considerably higher than the normal grocery store products but it's what they demand as consumers and they are okay with that.

Never skimp on too-thin garbage can liners because they're cheaper. You'll regret it over... and over... and over....

I wish someone would make some that cats won't tear into during the night.... that, I would LOVE to see!

Number five: Vehicles and Vessels. If the point were simply to get from point A to point B on a map in weather-permitting comfort, The Corolla and The Corvette both go the same speed, legally.

Ummmm sort of. The Corvette gets there WAAAAY faster. I'll take the 'vette please!

Ummmm sort of. The Corvette gets there WAAAAY faster. I'll take the 'vette please!
Plus the ticket and the higher insurance rate plus higher parts.
I will take an OLD VW bug for the win.

Plus the ticket and the higher insurance rate plus higher parts.
I will take an OLD VW bug for the win.

What ticket? Yes, insurance is higher, but the pleasure of driving the 'vette more than pays for that cost. And ultimately that is what I spend money on. Comfort and pleasure.

What's your hurry? First date?

Sometimes itā€™s all about the goods you are trading them for, and sometimes itā€™s all about the wallet-sized photos of famous Americans exiting your tight fingertips. :thup:

Quality versus quantity. You get what you pay for.
How would you know?

I wish someone would make some that cats won't tear into during the night.... that, I would LOVE to see!

My cat doesn't bother 'em. It's just annoying that I have to go memorize the thickness so I don't accidentally buy them too thin, even if they're not cheap.

Pleasure. I'm happily married, and have been for a looong time. I just like driving fast. I don't own a 'vette, but I do own an original GT40 Ford that I have had even longer than I've been married! It is a truly remarkable car, made in the 1960's and is powered by a 289 cu. in. engine that will take it all the way up to 210 mph (my personal best, though back in the day I am told it reached 213) and it is simply a BLAST to drive.

You wouldn't understand.

My cat doesn't bother 'em. It's just annoying that I have to go memorize the thickness so I don't accidentally buy them too thin, even if they're not cheap.

Well, I don't have cats... there are feral cats roaming the neighborhood and since my dog passed away, they tend to get on my back porch and into my garbage cans. I'm thinking, if they were to make the bags out of something that deterred strays somehow, lots of people would pay extra for that. It's a pain in the butt to have to pick up strewn garbage.

Well, I don't have cats... there are feral cats roaming the neighborhood and since my dog passed away, they tend to get on my back porch and into my garbage cans. I'm thinking, if they were to make the bags out of something that deterred strays somehow, lots of people would pay extra for that. It's a pain in the butt to have to pick up strewn garbage.

Oh I see what you're saying. You're actually putting the stuff outside. Well, anything can happen there. If I did that I'd have raccoons, deer, bear and/or coyotes rummaging through it.

You may need a locking trash can.

Pleasure. I'm happily married, and have been for a looong time. I just like driving fast. I don't own a 'vette, but I do own an original GT40 Ford that I have had even longer than I've been married! It is a truly remarkable car, made in the 1960's and is powered by a 289 cu. in. engine that will take it all the way up to 210 mph (my personal best, though back in the day I am told it reached 213) and it is simply a BLAST to drive.

You wouldn't understand.

Oh that's right, you're the guy who drives from Portland Oregon to Chicago in two hours. :rofl:
Hey, more scenery for me.

You wouldn't understand.

Oh that's right, you're the guy who drives from Portland Oregon to Chicago in two hours. :rofl:
Hey, more scenery for me.

Never have I made that claim. But I do enjoy a good drive. I will be taking a couple of hot laps around the Nordscleife in a friends AMG Merc next year so I bought a racing seat and steering wheel to go along with the Grand Turismo game system which has that course on it. And fortunately they have modeled a close analogy to the car I will be driving so I can learn the track.

Forum List

Back