When Obama Harvested Facebook Data On Millions Of Users In 2012, Everyone Cheered!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More hypocrisy from the american press. They will do anything to hurt trump because he is white and all liberals are white-hating racists.

Facebook Data Scandal: When Obama Harvested Facebook Data On Millions To Win In 2012, Everyone Cheered

march 19 2018 Funny, When Obama Harvested Facebook Data On Millions Of Users To Win In 2012, Everyone Cheered

In 2012, the Obama campaign encouraged supporters to download an Obama 2012 Facebook app that, when activated, let the campaign collect Facebook data both on users and their friends.

According to a July 2012 MIT Technology Review article, when you installed the app, "it said it would grab information about my friends: their birth dates, locations, and 'likes.' "

The campaign boasted that more than a million people downloaded the app, which, given an average friend-list size of 190, means that as many as 190 million had at least some of their Facebook data vacuumed up by the Obama campaign — without their knowledge or consent.

If anything, Facebook made it easy for Obama to do so. A former campaign director, Carol Davidsen, tweeted that "Facebook was surprised we were able to suck out the whole social graph, but they didn't stop us once they realized that was what we were doing."

The effort was called a "game-changer" in the 2012 election, and the Obama campaign boasted that it was "the most groundbreaking piece of technology developed for the campaign."

The only difference, as far as we can discern, between the two campaigns' use of Facebook, is that in the case of Obama the users themselves agreed to share their data with the Obama campaign, as well as that of their friends.

The users that downloaded the Cambridge app, meanwhile, were only told that the information would be used for academic purposes. Nor was the data to be used for anything other than academic purposes.

It's an important distinction, to be sure, and Facebook is right to be attacked for its inability to control how its user data were being gathered and shopped around. (Facebook tightened its privacy rules on data sharing apps in 2015.)

Data firm associated with Trump, and per the White house the data was not used = evil white evangelist male conservative and cheat.

Obama data was used = He's a cool cat black-man Democrat who cares about us. Feel the love.

Suggestion of Trump/Russian collusion without evidence = evil white evangelist male conservative and traitor, who cheated.

Democrat/Russian collusion with evidence = Democrats care about us and they're honest and true. Feel the love.

Liberal stupidity, hypocrisy and fucked-up emotionally run narratives =

TUTmemn9KzG9rlwe7naJ1-M4dY73pdn05S25DHXkwVfmPb2kOLPr3EepJhD4UkomlOe-=h310

the Obama campaign encouraged supporters to download an Obama 2012 Facebook app that, when activated, let the campaign collect Facebook data both on users and their friends.

Isn't that the point? That C.A. collected the data from the friends without permission? The couple thou who took the "quiz" gave permission, but the rest of the 50 mil didn't know about it?

poor, helpless, old man Trump - the entire evil world is out to get him ... BOOHOOHOOHOO :206:

THAT SORRY SON OF A BITCH STARTED THE WAR AGAINST THE PRESS FROM DAY ONE - FUCK HIM'

he begs for every damn thing he gets then whines because he gets it.

DEAL WITH IT.

• Banned
poor, helpless, old man Trump - the entire evil world is out to get him ... BOOHOOHOOHOO :206:

THAT SORRY SON OF A BITCH STARTED THE WAR AGAINST THE PRESS FROM DAY ONE - FUCK HIM'

No - the press started the war and it was way before trump.. The press is racist and has been waging war against white people for 50 years.

No - the press started the war and it was way before trump.. The press is racist and has been waging war against white people for 50 years.

Really ? Cause the press is like 90% white .

Of course they cheered, and worshiped, Obama was the social media candidate. Typical filthy scum Dem's do as they say not as they do, over the top double standards and hypocrisy.

Ya
More hypocrisy from the american press. They will do anything to hurt trump because he is white and all liberals are white-hating racists.

Facebook Data Scandal: When Obama Harvested Facebook Data On Millions To Win In 2012, Everyone Cheered

march 19 2018 Funny, When Obama Harvested Facebook Data On Millions Of Users To Win In 2012, Everyone Cheered

In 2012, the Obama campaign encouraged supporters to download an Obama 2012 Facebook app that, when activated, let the campaign collect Facebook data both on users and their friends.

According to a July 2012 MIT Technology Review article, when you installed the app, "it said it would grab information about my friends: their birth dates, locations, and 'likes.' "

The campaign boasted that more than a million people downloaded the app, which, given an average friend-list size of 190, means that as many as 190 million had at least some of their Facebook data vacuumed up by the Obama campaign — without their knowledge or consent.

If anything, Facebook made it easy for Obama to do so. A former campaign director, Carol Davidsen, tweeted that "Facebook was surprised we were able to suck out the whole social graph, but they didn't stop us once they realized that was what we were doing."

The effort was called a "game-changer" in the 2012 election, and the Obama campaign boasted that it was "the most groundbreaking piece of technology developed for the campaign."

The only difference, as far as we can discern, between the two campaigns' use of Facebook, is that in the case of Obama the users themselves agreed to share their data with the Obama campaign, as well as that of their friends.

The users that downloaded the Cambridge app, meanwhile, were only told that the information would be used for academic purposes. Nor was the data to be used for anything other than academic purposes.

It's an important distinction, to be sure, and Facebook is right to be attacked for its inability to control how its user data were being gathered and shopped around. (Facebook tightened its privacy rules on data sharing apps in 2015.)
I know what ya mean
The other night at my grand daughters HS BB game I said, don’t score filer I may have to cheer
My wife hit me

the Obama campaign encouraged supporters to download an Obama 2012 Facebook app that, when activated, let the campaign collect Facebook data both on users and their friends.

Isn't that the point? That C.A. collected the data from the friends without permission? The couple thou who took the "quiz" gave permission, but the rest of the 50 mil didn't know about it?

People put their information on Facebook. Facebook is in the data collection and selling business. If you don't want your information used then don't put it on Facebook or any other social media site.

This is a none issue. This has been going on since almost the beginning and is going on right now this very minute.

Really ? Cause the press is like 90% white .

You're forgetting whites like yourself who pat themselves on the back as saints to minorities, especially black people. So far as to treat black people differently than whites. I see it often, it's embarrassing. I'm sure many blacks know what I'm talking about ("The white boy is kissing my ass and wants to be cool. He's probably afraid I'll burn a cap, and/or this is reparations. What a pussy."

ah.... more fake equivalencies from Obama deranged lying trumploons.

Forum List

Back