When NO Means NO

Correct. No means no. But the woman should say no way in advance of prick teasing cuz once that ol brain slides down from his head to the other head....he hears nothing. Penises don't have ears.

Well Gracie I will have to agree with you, except for cases of the date rape drug like Cosby used, I think many of cases are women scorned, they have sex hoping to get what they want and when they don't cry rape.

Also many women are physically raped and they have the bruises to show for it, and all these women coming forward takes that away from women who were actually forced and raped.

Some people don't take no.

And those people get prosecuted.

Not Rhett Butler.

Of course this is an old movie. I agree that no means no. That being said, I opened a thread about this movie scene maybe a year ago asking if Rhett commented sexual assault. The consensus of the posters to the thread (even the women) was that Scarlet's eyes and body language was saying "yes", thus it was not sexual assault. If I tried something like what Rhett did in the movie, I'd probably get shot!

Ridiculous.
Sex is not tea. Sounds cool and all, but is an illogical comparison.
First of all of course any forced sex act is criminal, especially intercourse or any other penetrating act.
If a girl/woman says no, or stop...a guy needs to stop.
But is it ALWAYS criminal if he doesn't?
No. It is not that black and white.
Young girls love to play games with boys, edge them on...let them get all worked up...and then stop them, act mad and enjoy that power she has over him. Many girls will push that envelope further and further...until one time he doesn't stop immediately and pushes forward a little, but does stop...and a shouting match ensues.
Is the boy a criminal? Does the girl have no culpability? No matter her actions, she is always a victim?
No.

Ridiculous.
First of all of course any forced sex act is criminal, especially intercourse or any other penetrating act.
Young girls love to play games with boys, edge them on...let them get all worked up...and then stop them, act mad and enjoy that power she has over him. Many girls will push that envelope further and further...until one time he doesn't stop immediately and pushes forward a little, but does stop...and a shouting match ensues.
Is the boy a criminal? Does the girl have no culpability? No matter her actions, she is always a victim?
No.
You're describing immaturity by both the boy and the girl which is too be expected in adolescents. In an adult relationship, such behavior should be rejected by both the man and the woman because it is manipulative and juvenile and rarely leads to satisfactory relationships.

From a legal standpoint, NO means NO and that is lack of consent. If a person is incapable of communicating; that is the person has been rendered unconscious, that is also a lack of consent. If a person says yes last week and yes yesterday but today says NO, that is a lack of consent. If a person say yes but as things progress yes becomes NO, that is lack of consent. To assume otherwise is a real risk. The odds of being charged with a sex crime is minimal but the consequences if charged is not. For some people, it is a risk/reward decision. This of course excludes any consideration of morality.

Ridiculous.
No.
You're describing immaturity by both the boy and the girl which is too be expected in adolescents. In an adult relationship, such behavior should be rejected by both the man and the woman because it is manipulative and juvenile and rarely leads to satisfactory relationships.

From a legal standpoint, NO means NO and that is lack of consent. If a person is incapable of communicating; that is the person has been rendered unconscious, that is also a lack of consent. If a person says yes last week and yes yesterday but today says NO, that is a lack of consent. If a person say yes but as things progress yes becomes NO, that is lack of consent. To assume otherwise is a real risk. The odds of being charged with a sex crime is minimal but the consequences if charged is not. For some people, it is a risk/reward decision. This of course excludes any consideration of morality.

Yes, but isn't most of this young/immature people?
How many grown ass woman play those games? I would think very few.
And how many grown men, these days, will force themselves on a woman? I would think even fewer.
I am not a subscriber to the "rape culture" feminist and the like want to portray. There is NO rape culture in America. Not even close. To say so is ludicrous.
And BTW, even more than in my youth (in the 80's) girls today are 10 times more promiscuous than ever before. It is unbelievable that there are so many actively on sex apps. Girls having as many one night stands as guys. Is this encouraging young males to view girls as "wanting it too"?

Ridiculous.
No.

Yes, but isn't most of this young/immature people?
How many grown ass woman play those games? I would think very few.
And how many grown men, these days, will force themselves on a woman? I would think even fewer.
I am not a subscriber to the "rape culture" feminist and the like want to portray. There is NO rape culture in America. Not even close. To say so is ludicrous.
And BTW, even more than in my youth (in the 80's) girls today are 10 times more promiscuous than ever before. It is unbelievable that there are so many actively on sex apps. Girls having as many one night stands as guys. Is this encouraging young males to view girls as "wanting it too"?
There is no rape culture in the US. What we have is a more open society when it comes to discussing aggressive sex and sex in general. Also, sexual offenses are more likely to be reported. The media being what it is, magnifies it so it seems sexual attacks and rape is common which it is not.

I agree, promiscuity is much more common today but it does not carry the sigma it once did.

40 to 60 years ago a dating couple often had little or no discussion about sex. Communications was mostly in the form of gestures, comments, and actions which often meant one thing to the girl and something quite different to boy. Today couples often talk about sex openly, the type of sex they like and don’t like, contraception, and protection. I think this is good because the lack of communications leads to all kinds of problems in any relations.

Forum List

Back