When Newt mentioned going to the moon he was crazy, but when Obama mentioned goin to

Mars he was applauded. What gives?

Matt-McInnesKSspace3.jpg

Well, it could be because President Obama has not already promised three differant women the moon.:lol:

Republicans said, "Let's go to the moon". No plans. No scientific reasoning. No discussion about inventing new technology. Just "let's go to the moon".

You can use a search engine and find several companies that have been working with NASA to develop private space planes in a partnership with the government. I don't know why right wingers have an aversion to using Internet Search Engines. Sure, there's a lot of goofy right wing stuff and nonsense on the Internet, but there's a lot of good stuff. Is it right wingers don't know how to use a search engine or they can't tell fact from fancy? Which is it?

New Private Space Plane Has NASA Roots | NASA & Space Shuttle Retirement | Private Spaceships & International Space Station | Space.com

I'm glad we have a smart president for once. Imagine someone even worse than Bush. Like Palin. I shudder.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans said, "Let's go to the moon". No plans. No scientific reasoning. No discussion about inventing new technology. Just "let's go to the moon".

You can use a search engine and find several companies that have been working with NASA to develop private space planes in a partnership with the government. I don't know why right wingers have an aversion to using Internet Search Engines. Sure, there's a lot of goofy right wing stuff and nonsense on the Internet, but there's a lot of good stuff. Is it right wingers don't know how to use a search engine or they can't tell fact from fancy? Which is it?

New Private Space Plane Has NASA Roots | NASA & Space Shuttle Retirement | Private Spaceships & International Space Station | Space.com

I'm glad we have a smart president for once. Imagine someone even worse than Bush. Like Palin. I shudder.....

So did Kennedy. Pretty sure he had a D after his name, dickwad.

But with Kennedy, new technology was developed. oops.

and you're a moron if you think no new technology will be developed in going to the moon again, or anywhere else. Just because someone doesn't say 'hey, let's develop some new technology to do X', doesn't mean new technology won't be developed in order to do X.

Why do you have to lie so much? Conservatives in this thread have been discussing new technology. It's you science-hating leftists who have been saying, "Colonizing the moon is tooo HARD!!"

Are you an engineer of Play-Doh, or what?

and you're a moron if you think no new technology will be developed in going to the moon again, or anywhere else. Just because someone doesn't say 'hey, let's develop some new technology to do X', doesn't mean new technology won't be developed in order to do X.

You can't develop new technology without education and you can't go to the moon without the help of the Government. Republicans want to slash education and they want to shrink government to a size where they can drown it in a bathtub, so says Grover Norquist, the guy Republicans pledge to over the constitution.

Just stop already. You guys are looking ridiculous.

Yes, just as habitable as the ISS

Duh

I'm not talking man-made habitats. Scientists interested in Mars are looking for clues that the planet was once capable of sustaining life with natural elements.

Interestingly enough, they're working on that right now and may possibly have proof......

Possible evidence of life

Several Martian meteorites have been found to contain what some think is evidence for fossilized Martian life forms. The most significant of these is a meteorite found in the Allan Hills of Antarctica (ALH 84001). Ejection from Mars seems to have taken place about 16 million years ago. Arrival on Earth was about 13 000 years ago. Cracks in the rock appear to have filled with carbonate materials (implying groundwater was present) between 4 and 3.6 billion-years-ago. Evidence of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) have been identified with the levels increasing away from the surface. Other Antarctic meteorites do not contain PAHs. Earthly contamination should presumably be highest at the surface. Several minerals in the crack fill are deposited in phases, specifically, iron deposited as magnetite, that are claimed to be typical of biodepositation on Earth. There are also small ovoid and tubular structures that might be nanobacteria fossils in carbonate material in crack fills (investigators McKay, Gibson, Thomas-Keprta, Zare).[24] Micropaleontologist Schopf, who described several important terrestrial bacterial assemblages, examined ALH 84001 and opined that the structures are too small to be Earthly bacteria and don't look especially like lifeforms to him. The size of the objects is consistent with Earthly "nanobacteria", but the existence of nanobacteria itself is controversial.[citation needed]

Many studies disputed the validity of the fossils.[25][26] For example, it was found that most of the organic matter in the meteorite was of terrestrial origin.[27] But, a recent study suggests that magnetite in the meteorite could have been produced by Martian microbes. The study, published in the journal of the Geochemical and Meteoritic Society, used more advanced high resolution electron microscopy than was possible in 1996.[15][28]

Martian meteorite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I first heard about it on the Discovery Channel.

I have learned a great many things about our universe watching that as well as the science channel and H2 and the NASA channel over the years. Right now I've been consumed with 2 shows. The Universe and Ancient Astronauts. The last one is of course sheer speculation but very interesting none the less.

Dunno why some have to think that I just pull shit off the net just because I posted this thread. Just like I've been learning about dark matter and dark energy and not once have I googled it.

You can't develop new technology without education and you can't go to the moon without the help of the Government. Republicans want to slash education and they want to shrink government to a size where they can drown it in a bathtub, so says Grover Norquist, the guy Republicans pledge to over the constitution.

Take your own advice and just stop. You seem to be in over your head. Were not building with legos here chump.

But you're cool with us shooting for Mars.

damn, you really are dumb as dirt.

Uh, Gingrich wanted to COLONIZE the moon. Not simply visit it. The colonization part being the crucial weird ingredient. If you missed that, no wonder you are so clueless about the ordeal.
Seems to me that a moon colony would be far more beneficial to the US and to humanity as a whole than simply visiting Mars then coming home.

But then, I'm not an Obamabot.

Well, no. I'm not.

I like Newt, but I don't see any benefit to a moon colony other than, "It would be neat to do". Visiting Mars would have a bit more scientific value because astronauts can do things that robots can't do, and they can bring back samples for analsys.

Both would be ridiculously expensive and last time I checked, we were broke. We need to fix the bigger economic problems first. We need to get our manufacturing back on track. We need to fix our education system. When we have those things fixed, the cool stuff will follow, because that's how we got the Moon Program in the 1970's, the culmination of the American Century.

The Democrats want to put the whole country on welfare and the Republicans want to make us all serfs to big corporations. Neither is a recipe for greatness.

More lies.

But that's because you're a liar.

But you're cool with us shooting for Mars.

damn, you really are dumb as dirt.

Obama says it, derp believes it, that settles it.

Derp is quite the Obama fundamentalist.

Uh, Gingrich wanted to COLONIZE the moon. Not simply visit it. The colonization part being the crucial weird ingredient. If you missed that, no wonder you are so clueless about the ordeal.
Seems to me that a moon colony would be far more beneficial to the US and to humanity as a whole than simply visiting Mars then coming home.

Well, no. I'm not.

I like Newt, but I don't see any benefit to a moon colony other than, "It would be neat to do". Visiting Mars would have a bit more scientific value because astronauts can do things that robots can't do, and they can bring back samples for analsys.

Both would be ridiculously expensive and last time I checked, we were broke. We need to fix the bigger economic problems first. We need to get our manufacturing back on track. We need to fix our education system. When we have those things fixed, the cool stuff will follow, because that's how we got the Moon Program in the 1970's, the culmination of the American Century.

The Democrats want to put the whole country on welfare and the Republicans want to make us all serfs to big corporations. Neither is a recipe for greatness.
You know Newt's talking about private enterprise funding most of the moon colony, right?

How many people do you think that would put to work?

"...and the Republicans want to make us all serfs to big corporations."

Nonsense.

Well, no. I'm not.

You know Newt's talking about private enterprise funding most of the moon colony, right?

Nonsense.
Private enterprise is the best equipped to do it...uhmm...that is IF they meet EPA specs and quotas first...:eusa_whistle:

Well, no. I'm not.

Nonsense.
Private enterprise is the best equipped to do it...uhmm...that is IF they meet EPA specs and quotas first...:eusa_whistle:
"WANTED: Female latino albino for astronaut program. NS/ND/DDF. No experience required."

Forum List

Back