When liberals face reality

links and pics at site.

Whiny spoiled brats? Maybe the ones at UCLA, but not my school. And if you truly think that all college students are whiny spoiled brats just looking for a handout, then you're a fucking joke and a half. Simply put.

With the possible exception of Lost Soul, no one here said the student were whining liberals. I don't blame the students for protesting anymore than a tea party member for doing the same. I blame California government liberals for spending improperly. I also think the tea party folks are more concerned with HOW tax dollars are spent and the total amount even if it doesn't go up.

So are the college students. Trust me, I am one. I see in my campus newspaper for example asking if rates are going up 75% in 5 years then why not more major improvement on some scale?

A valid question Dogbert. One that deserves an answer from your college and they should follow through on improvements too. I have one out of college last spring and two others in college. My youngest attends a private college that froze tuition for 2008-09, because they understand what you are saying. It is a VERY conservative school by the way.

links and pics at site.

Whiny spoiled brats? Maybe the ones at UCLA, but not my school. And if you truly think that all college students are whiny spoiled brats just looking for a handout, then you're a fucking joke and a half. Simply put.

Based upon what, young genius? I posted something that I agree with. You? Nothing but turds.

Universities are non-profit (well, at least the accredited ones - the ones with some sort of academic reputation). I see no parallel to universities in the 50s and 60s at all. They accept almost anyone now. The SAT-II is a freaking joke and a new trend is not requiring any admissions tests. A BS or BA is now a dime a dozen as a result of that combined with a desire to retain those who should not be retained (thank you US News and World Report). Coddling of the incapable is all the trend - so very PC, too.

I'm referring to the costs of college becoming so expensive that it's becoming a place for people who are wealthier who can only afford it.

Don't even get me started on the SATs, another racket and joke. As for colleges accepting almost anyone, you're seeing that trend reverse too.

Affordable education is the next hurdle we need to attack Outside of helathcare, nothing has gone up in cost as much as a college education. While healthcare can point to expensive new medical procedures, there is nothing radically different in our education system to justify the outlandish costs.

Why does a single class cost $3000 ?

Dunno? Why the hell are there so many colleges and universities? There are not enough people to fill them. Guess what? The avg IQ is still 100. Most do not belong in college, but they are pushing them through as if college were 3rd grade.

There's a reason those BA and BS don't mean what they once did.

I have always felt that intelligence was a constant on the planet. The popualtion is going up.

Based upon what, young genius? I posted something that I agree with. You? Nothing but turds.

The fact that you think all college students today are 18 year old brats just cruising. You don't know shit, you're best at trying to keep your knowledge to the classroom there Kath. I'm the one in college, I talk to people every day and I listen to their stories. You don't know shit, you and the article can act it, but you don't.

What goes on in California is in many ways different but similar to here in my home state. I'm 18, I'm going to college, I'm taking out loans in some cases so I can go. I am taking responsibility for my actions and working my ass off.

For you to sit there on your high horse and if you are calling me a whiny brat, you can go fuck yourself.

Universities are non-profit (well, at least the accredited ones - the ones with some sort of academic reputation). I see no parallel to universities in the 50s and 60s at all. They accept almost anyone now. The SAT-II is a freaking joke and a new trend is not requiring any admissions tests. A BS or BA is now a dime a dozen as a result of that combined with a desire to retain those who should not be retained (thank you US News and World Report). Coddling of the incapable is all the trend - so very PC, too.

I'm referring to the costs of college becoming so expensive that it's becoming a place for people who are wealthier who can only afford it.

Don't even get me started on the SATs, another racket and joke. As for colleges accepting almost anyone, you're seeing that trend reverse too.

That's bullshit. Higher education has always been the bastion of the wealthy, with the brilliant allowed in for free.

Problem for last 40 years, they are allowing ijits in for free; curtailing ability for really brilliant people, without the money; while still catering to the elite. You are a bright, not brilliant snob.

A valid question Dogbert. One that deserves an answer from your college and they should follow through on improvements too. I have one out of college last spring and two others in college. My youngest attends a private college that froze tuition for 2008-09, because they understand what you are saying. It is a VERY conservative school by the way.

I'm sure. The cost of college is not a Conservative or Liberal issue, it's an issue. People need to understand that. College is no longer a place where it's just 18 year olds anymore either. Especially the type of college that I go to that is more of a commuter college.

The cost of college is getting out of hand. Even for a somewhat decent college, you're paying so much back in loans that it's getting outrageous. And why is it outrageous? Because it doesn't need to be this way. You don't need to tax the fuck out of the rich either like some on here think that the solution would be put forth.

All it takes is a bit of common sense. However, that today, is a rarity in itself.

The fact that you think all college students today are 18 year old brats just cruising. You don't know shit, you're best at trying to keep your knowledge to the classroom there Kath. I'm the one in college, I talk to people every day and I listen to their stories. You don't know shit, you and the article can act it, but you don't.

What goes on in California is in many ways different but similar to here in my home state. I'm 18, I'm going to college, I'm taking out loans in some cases so I can go. I am taking responsibility for my actions and working my ass off.

For you to sit there on your high horse and if you are calling me a whiny brat, you can go fuck yourself.
You are more than just a whiny brat, you are so full of yourself you cannot even perceive those that want to help those that deserve college, can't afford it, get it.

Then there are folks like you. Granted you belong, but at the same time coming from an enriched background with caring and able to pay parents. You want "everyone" to have the same. Grow up. They don't and many cannot utilize if given the opportunity. Let's get real and help those that can and are willing to do what is necessary.

That's bullshit. Higher education has always been the bastion of the wealthy, with the brilliant allowed in for free.

Problem for last 40 years, they are allowing ijits in for free; curtailing ability for really brilliant people, without the money; while still catering to the elite. You are a bright, not brilliant snob.

That's what I'm saying for the first part, second part is wrong. Not sure you could call it free.

And I'm a snob? No. I'm not an elite either.

That's what I'm saying for the first part, second part is wrong. Not sure you could call it free.

And I'm a snob? No. I'm not an elite either.

You are a snob, elitist Robert. Your inability to understand it is part of the hubris on your part. It's quite unattractive. Sometimes your humor does overcome, but only sporadically.

You are more than just a whiny brat, you are so full of yourself you cannot even perceive those that want to help those that deserve college, can't afford it, get it.

Then there are folks like you. Granted you belong, but at the same time coming from an enriched background with caring and able to pay parents. You want "everyone" to have the same. Grow up. They don't and many cannot utilize if given the opportunity. Let's get real and help those that can and are willing to do what is necessary.

You seem to have a difficulty of reading comprehension. You come into this thread, remarking to me about anyone who dares complain about the cost are just whiny brats.

I have been doing what is necessary. Again, you failed to read in the fact that I am taking out student loans in order to pay for my college education.

You are a snob, elitist Robert. Your inability to understand it is part of the hubris on your part. It's quite unattractive. Sometimes your humor does overcome, but only sporadically.

What a joke you are. You call me a snob and elitist? I come into this thread asking for consistency from people. Annie, the one who is acting like a snob and elitist in this thread is you.

I'm remarking to you that your comments about college students complaining about costs are just whiny brats is wrong. You continue to paint with a wide brush, but you don't see it because of your self-righteousness.

Last edited:

No it hasn't.
I went to college 35 years ago. I was able to pay my tuition, room and board on what I was making earning minimum wage. Minimum wage was $2 an hour at the time. My tuition at a state university was $650 a year.
Try to do that today. Kids go to school and drive themselves and parents into debt. The schools have been able to raise prices every year while working class salaries have remained stagnant

I'm sure. The cost of college is not a Conservative or Liberal issue, it's an issue. People need to understand that. College is no longer a place where it's just 18 year olds anymore either. Especially the type of college that I go to that is more of a commuter college.

The cost of college is getting out of hand. Even for a somewhat decent college, you're paying so much back in loans that it's getting outrageous. And why is it outrageous? Because it doesn't need to be this way. You don't need to tax the fuck out of the rich either like some on here think that the solution would be put forth.

All it takes is a bit of common sense. However, that today, is a rarity in itself.

The cost is a conservative and liberal issue. As I stated, my youngest attends a very conservative private college. HOW did they manage to freeze tuition this year? This year of all years? Because they managed their money very carefully. They cut where they could without endangering the quality of education. They continued their restrictive standards for entrance and didn't throw open the doors like money whores. Now I am going to say soething you will not believe. This college DOESN"T ACCEPT ANY FEDERAL MONEY AT ALL. Think about that for a moment.

The cost is a conservative and liberal issue. As I stated, my youngest attends a very conservative private college. HOW did they manage to freeze tuition this year? This year of all years? Because they managed their money very carefully. They cut where they could without endangering the quality of education. They continued their restrictive standards for entrance and didn't throw open the doors like money whores. Now I am going to say soething you will not believe. This college DOESN"T ACCEPT ANY FEDERAL MONEY AT ALL. Think about that for a moment.

Your youngest's is a private school however. My school is a state college. I understand there are plenty of colleges out there. Their costs are obviously much higher in the years they don't have freezes, while state colleges try to make it affordable.

There's a difference between being a private university who's just out to be "money whores" like the University of Phoenix and my college which is trying to meet the cost of the state drawbacks.

I'll say it again. ACCEPTS NO FEDERAL MONEY AT ALL. No government support.

So wait, when college students protest how much their tuition is going up (they believe unfairly) Republicans and the like on this board call them whiny Liberals.

But when the Tea Parties protest against imaginary tax increases, the same people cheer them on.

Either we've entered The Twilight Zone or something is not adding up here.

As for my college, tuition has gone up 75% in 5 years after next year. (That will be my 2nd year there).

Because dumb fucks like you will pay it.

Or it could be because all those poor kids you liberals whine about helping so much are getting free educations while you are picking up the tab while whining about it.

Liberals are quick to ask someone else to pay for something but when its their dime, they cry, whine and protest.

What planet do you live on where everyone gets a free education? Typical fuck-you response from conservatives>

Fact is, todays kids and their "free educations" end up graduating with $60,000 in debt. Fine way to start your life

I live in GA where we have the Hope Scholarship. If you go to a in state college, live and eat at home, you can walk away with a degree on the lottery money.

No its stupid asses like you that go to college to party. Get 10 credits cards to live, eat and party on. Fail classes to lose you're student aid. Spend a semester on academic probation where you have to foot the bill. Takes you five years for a 4 year degree and then wonder why your stupid ass is in debt.

Only those kids on a free ride from Daddy get to take 10 credits and party.

Personally, I went 35 years ago and paid my own way working minimum wage jobs. I gripe because you can't do that anymore

My experience is from my own kids who are in College and their friends. I don't see them partying, I see them struggling to stay in school. These are middle class working families who struggle to find the money to send their kid to school the next year.
I also hire recent college graduates. They are up to their eyeballs in debt and will take years to be solvent.

Forum List

Back