When liberals face reality

I've got it!!

The government has done such a great fucking job on Medicare and education, let's have them run an even bigger piece of the economy!

Affordable education is the next hurdle we need to attack Outside of helathcare, nothing has gone up in cost as much as a college education. While healthcare can point to expensive new medical procedures, there is nothing radically different in our education system to justify the outlandish costs.

Why does a single class cost $3000 ?
Because dumb fucks like you will pay it.

Or it could be because all those poor kids you liberals whine about helping so much are getting free educations while you are picking up the tab while whining about it.

Liberals are quick to ask someone else to pay for something but when its their dime, they cry, whine and protest.

What planet do you live on where everyone gets a free education? Typical fuck-you response from conservatives>

Fact is, todays kids and their "free educations" end up graduating with $60,000 in debt. Fine way to start your life

It would be nice if we all could refrain from being negative about each other. I know when I use idiot or stupid, I am really frustrated with the other party's inability to find some common ground with me, agree the fact is at least right or some basic courtesy. Beat each other to a pulp on the issue. Try to get along otherwise. Asking Congress and government in general to work for us and together means putting ourselves up to a higher standard. Easy for me to say, I haven't been here long, I understand that. More ideas and solutions less whining.

So wait, when college students protest how much their tuition is going up (they believe unfairly) Republicans and the like on this board call them whiny Liberals.

But when the Tea Parties protest against imaginary tax increases, the same people cheer them on.

Either we've entered The Twilight Zone or something is not adding up here.

As for my college, tuition has gone up 75% in 5 years after next year. (That will be my 2nd year there).

Last edited:
Affordable education is the next hurdle we need to attack Outside of helathcare, nothing has gone up in cost as much as a college education. While healthcare can point to expensive new medical procedures, there is nothing radically different in our education system to justify the outlandish costs.

Because dumb fucks like you will pay it.

Or it could be because all those poor kids you liberals whine about helping so much are getting free educations while you are picking up the tab while whining about it.

Liberals are quick to ask someone else to pay for something but when its their dime, they cry, whine and protest.

What planet do you live on where everyone gets a free education? Typical fuck-you response from conservatives>

Fact is, todays kids and their "free educations" end up graduating with $60,000 in debt. Fine way to start your life

I live in GA where we have the Hope Scholarship. If you go to a in state college, live and eat at home, you can walk away with a degree on the lottery money.

No its stupid asses like you that go to college to party. Get 10 credits cards to live, eat and party on. Fail classes to lose you're student aid. Spend a semester on academic probation where you have to foot the bill. Takes you five years for a 4 year degree and then wonder why your stupid ass is in debt.

Maybe if universities actually only let those capable of succeeding in, there would be less demand. Maybe if weeding out the slackers and the incapable was not now frowned upon, the demand would be less. More demand, higher costs.

Maybe if universities actually only let those capable of succeeding in, there would be less demand. Maybe if weeding out the slackers and the incapable was not now frowned upon, the demand would be less. More demand, higher costs.

College is the best racket out there, you actually think they're going to let that go? :eusa_eh:

So wait, when college students protest how much their tuition is going up (they believe unfairly) Republicans and the like on this board call them whiny Liberals.

But when the Tea Parties protest against imaginary tax increases, the same people cheer them on.

As for my college, tuition has gone up 75% in 5 years after next year. (That will be my 2nd year there).

The last time I checked, most colleges are ran by liberals. So its you're own kind charging you through the teeth. Ironic isn't it........:lol:

When lefties start to bitch about "price gouging" by colleges and "predatory" student loans, you make sure and come get me.

University of California students protest 32 percent tuition increase - CNN.com

"Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Angry students at the Davis, California, branch of the University of California refused to vacate the school's administration building Thursday evening in a show of defiance and protest over a 32-percent undergraduate tuition hike instituted by the California Board of Regents earlier in the day."

The California Board of Regents must be composed of a bunch of heartless REPUBLICANS hell-bent on keeping the disenfranchised out of college.

The last time I checked, most colleges are ran by liberals. So its you're own kind charging you through the teeth. Ironic isn't it........:lol:

Ironic that the colleges (even state ones) are doing the most to make a buck? Not at all.

Who the colleges are run by in my point doesn't matter. My point is that if these were people protesting Obama, you'd be cheering them on you hypocrite.

College is the best racket out there, you actually think they're going to let that go? :eusa_eh:
Racket? You bet. But, there is no profit, just competition for who has the most construction cranes for a new school building so that they can convince themselves that their academic penis is larger than another's.

And, a bit off-topic, but one of the worst things ever to happen to higher education is the US News and World Report yearly issue on schools.

With the possible exception of Lost Soul, no one here said the student were whining liberals. I don't blame the students for protesting anymore than a tea party member for doing the same. I blame California government liberals for spending improperly. I also think the tea party folks are more concerned with HOW tax dollars are spent and the total amount even if it doesn't go up.

When lefties start to bitch about "price gouging" by colleges and "predatory" student loans, you make sure and come get me.

My point still stands. And I know exactly what you speak of.

You three do realize California is bankrupt because of those great ballot measures like Prop 13, that Raygun Ronnie pimped, right?

Wrong. It is not prop 13 or anything else on the "income side", it is government overspending, plain and simple. The CA legislature has been controlled by Liberal democrats for 20 years, they spend more than they take in every year~ now they are broke. Go figure? :cuckoo:

Racket? You bet. But, there is no profit, just competition for who has the most construction cranes for a new school building so that they can convince themselves that their academic penis is larger than another's.

And, a bit off-topic, but one of the worst things ever to happen to higher education is the US News and World Report yearly issue on schools.

There is the competition aspect but it's also profit aspect in many cases.

I agree with your bit off-topic though. Right now, college is becoming similar to what it was in the 50's and 60's.

Dunno? Why the hell are there so many colleges and universities? There are not enough people to fill them. Guess what? The avg IQ is still 100. Most do not belong in college, but they are pushing them through as if college were 3rd grade.

There's a reason those BA and BS don't mean what they once did.

With the possible exception of Lost Soul, no one here said the student were whining liberals. I don't blame the students for protesting anymore than a tea party member for doing the same. I blame California government liberals for spending improperly. I also think the tea party folks are more concerned with HOW tax dollars are spent and the total amount even if it doesn't go up.

So are the college students. Trust me, I am one. I see in my campus newspaper for example asking if rates are going up 75% in 5 years then why not more major improvement on some scale?

So are the college students. Trust me, I am one. I see in my campus newspaper for example asking if rates are going up 75% in 5 years then why not more major improvement on some scale?

Whiny Spoiled Brats - Anthony Dick - The Corner on National Review Online

Whiny Spoiled Brats [Anthony Dick]
The University of California system took some predictable steps to tighten its belt this week in the face of the state budget crisis, cutting some services and boosting student tuition. Equally predictably, students across the state have responded with a series of self-concerned protests, taking over campus buildings at Berkeley and UCLA.

Perhaps most predictably of all, the New York Times has started in with its faux-poignant protest coverage, as illustrated in this slide show (complete with a don't-tase-me-bro moment). Two things about this mess:

First and foremost, the protests are about privileged kids demanding subsidies from working people. The UC system will continue to be heavily subsidized by taxpayers, and the students who attend are among the most naturally gifted, with the highest future earning potential, in the country. This is especially true at the system's flagship schools of Berkeley and UCLA, where the protests have been most intense. Narcissism and self-absorption are the norm on college campuses, but it really is pushing the limits to throw such a tantrum at the idea that you will be getting a smaller amount of free money taken out of the paychecks of strapped taxpayers, most of whom could never dream of the advantages and opportunities you enjoy.

Second, these protesters claim the mantle of the free-speech movement, but it is a betrayal and a subversion of the principles of free speech to forcibly occupy a school building and block out its rightful owners and occupants (including other tuition-paying students). The very idea of free speech is to facilitate the peaceful exchange of ideas, without allowing the use or threat of force to distort the process. The whole enterprise suffers when thugs begin breaking out the chains and barricades and committing property crimes in order to get their way.
links and pics at site.

There is the competition aspect but it's also profit aspect in many cases.

I agree with your bit off-topic though. Right now, college is becoming similar to what it was in the 50's and 60's.
Universities are non-profit (well, at least the accredited ones - the ones with some sort of academic reputation). I see no parallel to universities in the 50s and 60s at all. They accept almost anyone now. The SAT-II is a freaking joke and a new trend is not requiring any admissions tests. A BS or BA is now a dime a dozen as a result of that combined with a desire to retain those who should not be retained (thank you US News and World Report). Coddling of the incapable is all the trend - so very PC, too.

Forum List

Back