“When law and religion conflict, choices have to be made.”

Fetuses. Let me guess, you're a middle-aged or elderly white male steeped in religion and believe your specific religious beliefs should be forced upon all, regardless of their religious or non-religious beliefs. I'm all for hindering late-term abortions, unless it threatens the mother's life; on the other hand, while it's still just a clump of cells (living or not), it's not in a state of being a sentient. To say otherwise would be to say that every cell in your body is a sentient being and in that case, allowing blood to be drawn would be the equivalent of murder to each of those living red-blood cells, white-blood cells, et cetera. The only individual with the right to make the choice to have a baby is the one who would be carrying it for nine months; not some middle-aged or elderly guy spouting his religious crap.
I never used the word sentient, and all of your assumptions are false. Tell me, would you like if you were aborted? I kinda like living.

Seems to me, in most cases, the choice to have a baby coincides with the choice to keep your legs closed.

Fetuses. Let me guess, you're a middle-aged or elderly white male steeped in religion and believe your specific religious beliefs should be forced upon all, regardless of their religious or non-religious beliefs. I'm all for hindering late-term abortions, unless it threatens the mother's life; on the other hand, while it's still just a clump of cells (living or not), it's not in a state of being a sentient. To say otherwise would be to say that every cell in your body is a sentient being and in that case, allowing blood to be drawn would be the equivalent of murder to each of those living red-blood cells, white-blood cells, et cetera. The only individual with the right to make the choice to have a baby is the one who would be carrying it for nine months; not some middle-aged or elderly guy spouting his religious crap.
I never used the word sentient, and all of your assumptions are false. Tell me, would you like if you were aborted? I kinda like living.

Seems to me, in most cases, the choice to have a baby coincides with the choice to keep your legs closed.
That last statement clearly shows that you place the blame and responsibility on the woman, rather than on the aggressive males that coax and push them into sex. The males are the physically stronger and are almost always the ones to push for sex. Your pushing the responsibility on the woman shows your knuckle-dragging misogynist mentality.
If I had been aborted, that would have been my parents decision and I would have not existed to know either way. No big deal.

That last statement clearly shows that you place the blame and responsibility on the woman, rather than on the aggressive males that coax and push them into sex. The males are the physically stronger and are almost always the ones to push for sex. Your pushing the responsibility on the woman shows your knuckle-dragging misogynist mentality.
If I had been aborted, that would have been my parents decision and I would have not existed to know either way. No big deal.
Had you been aborted, that would be your parent's decision what to do with you, a separate person.

Your twisting of my words only shows you're incapable of proper debate. I specifically said "in most cases". If a woman is forced into sex, it's called rape. The fact is, outside of rape, it's the woman's decision. A woman can allow herself to be talked/coaxed into it, but that still takes her relenting. If a woman gets herself drunk, that's her own fault also. Impairing one's senses is a decision one makes for themselves. When someone takes an action, they are accepting the consequences of said action, and if you're not prepared for those consequences, it's on you. Aborting a child is forcing someone else to take the consequences of your actions upon themselves.

In other words, it takes two to tango.

You are absolutely right, but since Muslims have a right to our country, as you pointed out in another thread, then they have the right to Sharia law, and instead of refusing to marry them, maybe we should skip straight to the beheading?

They have a right.... America is their country.... according to you.

That's the

they're going to have to remove him from the bench. some state yahoo can't override federal law. period.

However we have Supreme Court justices who override the constitution.

Had you been aborted, that would be your parent's decision what to do with you, a separate person.

Your twisting of my words only shows you're incapable of proper debate. I specifically said "in most cases". If a woman is forced into sex, it's called rape. The fact is, outside of rape, it's the woman's decision. A woman can allow herself to be talked/coaxed into it, but that still takes her relenting. If a woman gets herself drunk, that's her own fault also. Impairing one's senses is a decision one makes for themselves. When someone takes an action, they are accepting the consequences of said action, and if you're not prepared for those consequences, it's on you. Aborting a child is forcing someone else to take the consequences of your actions upon themselves.

It's still ultimately the MALE's fault.

U
Choice is obvious: to follow the religion, because the law is just the reflection of it. Religion forms the minds, whilst law reflects them. If you want to be ahead of the progress - follow the religion.

End.
ntil your religion conflicts with law then law always wins. This is why mitt Romney's grandfather moved to Mexico. We wouldn't let him have more than one wife.

And when your church asks, "do you renounce Satan?" I don't. Because you have to believe in Satan to do that.

It's still ultimately the MALE's fault.
Again, it takes two to tango. In the vast majority of cases, males suck, but blaming literally everything on them is just unrealistic. If it's one person, it's called rape. If it's two people, they both share the blame, and should take responsibility for their actions.

In the end, it's outright silly to allow people to kill a child, or even if someone doesn't consider it murder, prevent a child from being born after conception solely two people were irresponsible. That child will never get a chance to live, and it's entirely because of the two adults involved.

In cases of rape or when the mother's life is in danger, I can reluctantly understand. However, murdering the child because they decided they don't want it, or because the parents were irresponsible is even further crossing the line. Just put it up for adoption.

You are absolutely right, but since Muslims have a right to our country, as you pointed out in another thread, then they have the right to Sharia law, and instead of refusing to marry them, maybe we should skip straight to the beheading?

They have a right.... America is their country.... according to you.

That's the

they're going to have to remove him from the bench. some state yahoo can't override federal law. period.

However we have Supreme Court justices who override the constitution.

no. we don't. well, maybe scalia and thomas.

by definition if the court says its constitutional it is. you can white about that, but that's the way it is.

see, Marbury v Madison

It's just too easy to get pregnant and too big of a commitment to tell someone who accidentally gets pregnant they have to birth it. Utterly ridiculous

It's just too easy to get pregnant and too big of a commitment to tell someone who accidentally gets pregnant they have to birth it. Utterly ridiculous

Then obviously murder is acceptable. Kill babies... it's too big of a commitment otherwise, so yes, just kill the babies. Shows how advanced and more knowledgeable we are as a species compared to the vast majority of the animal kingdom, right?

Then obviously murder is acceptable. Kill babies... it's too big of a commitment otherwise, so yes, just kill the babies. Shows how advanced and more knowledgeable we are as a species compared to the vast majority of the animal kingdom, right?
It's not murder. Quit being dramatic.

I always thought men were more violent than women but according to you we have millions of murderers walking the streets

If you're not willing to have a child, you shouldn't be sleeping around.

I always thought men were more violent than women but according to you we have millions of murderers walking the streets
We do have murderers walking the streets. All over the place. They work at abortion clinics.

Who are you? Talk about big government controlling our lives.

And your punishment is to force them to have a human they can't afford and don't want

It's not murder? Is it human? Is it alive? Has it done anything deserving death?

What do you call putting to death a human being which did nothing deserving of death?

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

I suppose if we pass a law saying that it is now lawful to murder someone, then it's not murder anymore.... right? Why not you? You are a waste of space to society, and it costs us too much to take care of you. Can we pass a law that I can engage in the lawful premeditated killing of one human by another? After all, you do that to babies.... you are just a baby that got to grow up.

Let's stop being hypocrites and apply this lawful killing of human beings equally.

We do have murderers walking the streets. All over the place. They work at abortion clinics.
Not the women who paid them for the procedure?

Our prisons would be crowded if we locked all the women murderers up.

Who are you? Talk about big government controlling our lives.

And your punishment is to force them to have a human they can't afford and don't want
They can put it up for adoption. You know, or just don't sleep around.

It's not controlling their lives if it's just preventing murder. Nobody has a right to infringe on the rights of others.

Not the women who paid them for the procedure?

Our prisons would be crowded if we locked all the women murderers up.
I suppose that could be considered hiring someone to kill for you. That's illegal, too.

The death penalty should be handed out for murder and rape, anyway. Wouldn't be crowded if they're corpses.

It's not murder? Is it human? Is it alive? Has it done anything deserving death?

What do you call putting to death a human being which did nothing deserving of death?

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun

I suppose if we pass a law saying that it is now lawful to murder someone, then it's not murder anymore.... right? Why not you? You are a waste of space to society, and it costs us too much to take care of you. Can we pass a law that I can engage in the lawful premeditated killing of one human by another? After all, you do that to babies.... you are just a baby that got to grow up.

Let's stop being hypocrites and apply this lawful killing of human beings equally.
Sure if you can get that passed into secular law sure.

To those of us who are pro choice, life just isn't that precious. Not in the first trimester.

And I wouldnt murder a retarded baby but I would get a late term abortion if I was having a severely retarded baby. You may choose to have and raise that baby but if you decided not to that would not be murder. Even though technically you are killing someone.

I know you don't like reality but trust me our fetus' didn't feel a thing.

Is it a good thing? Of course not. In a perfect world there would be no abortion.

Is the morning after pill murder?

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun

Sure if you can get that passed into secular law sure.

To those of us who are pro choice, life just isn't that precious. Not in the first trimester.

And I wouldnt murder a retarded baby but I would get a late term abortion if I was having a severely retarded baby. You may choose to have and raise that baby but if you decided not to that would not be murder. Even though technically you are killing someone.

I know you don't like reality but trust me our fetus' didn't feel a thing.

Is it a good thing? Of course not. In a perfect world there would be no abortion.

Is the morning after pill murder?
"Pro-choice" is an inaccurate title, since it's used to describe one who advocates taking away the choice of another human being.

Forum List

Back