“When law and religion conflict, choices have to be made.”

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Tommy Tainant, Aug 14, 2016.

1. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,416
    No, I don't mean terminated.

I think unemployment benefits are essential.

I do think that food stamps are mostly not necessary. I think businesses should be paying a living wage in the first place.
    I'm not so sure about money for kids. I think if people decide to have kids they have to take into consideration how much this will cost.
    However I do think there are kids out there who need help because parents can be lousy, which is why I advocate better education for teaching kids how to act like adults, by teaching them what to expect in relationships, marriage, parenthood etc.

If you look at what happened in the past, you might realize why welfare exists now. You could simply lose your job, as no fault of your own but the fault of people who will never go hungry, and then that could lead to the break up of everything, whereas a few monthly payments from welfare while you're not working, which you've paid into anyway, will tide you over, keep your family together.

It's funny how the right say things like family is really important, and then devise many ways to destroy poor families.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    Of course you think unemployment benefits are essential, why should failures have to find another job?

Businesses automatically pay a living wage, they're leaning on Federal Aid because they know if they don't pay 'enough', that will cover what they're not paying. Certain businesses actually suggest getting Federal Aid, making it obvious they're leaning on it so they can pay lower wages. Federal Aid is a scam.

In a good economy, people don't simply lose their jobs, sales have to plummet first, which is brought on by a bad economy, which is brought on by government interference.

If they're poor, it's their own fault, and it isn't the responsibility of tax payers to take care of them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,416
    Failures?

Have you even not been able to find a job?

In 2007 loads of people were working. Then as a result of policies of rich boy George W. Bush, and decisions made by people in companies like banks and investment firms, the economy went to hell.

So there were 7.4 million people unemployed in 2007, then a year later it was 11.1 million. Are you telling me that nearly 4 million people decided to be failures? Decided to just lose their jobs and be unable to find new ones? By the same time in 2009 the rate had doubled from two years previously. So about 7 million people who were working were no longer working and there weren't jobs for them.

Yeah, businesses are leaning on federal aid, and this shouldn't be happening.

No, a bad economy is not brought on by government interference. Government policies can, and did, have an impact, but there's a reason why we haven't had a recession like the one in the 1920s and 1930s since, because controls on the economy are better, not amazing, but better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    2007 was a result of the banks ignoring Bush's warnings, because they knew they'd be bailed out. Corporate Welfare has created corporations that know the government will bail them out when things 'look bad'. The government actually had a hand in the 2007 recession, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,950
    I choose basic human rights over religion any day of the week....Humans are more important then myth.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,416
    Right, so banks didn't give a damn because they knew which side of the fence the government was on.

However, you're trying to state something that is either all or nothing. It can actually be that government regulation has prevented a recession like that of the 1920s, and yet government policy ends up leading us towards recessions at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StLucieBengal

StLucieBengal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,253
    Tell that to all the Islamic apologists on this board then....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,416
    Are there any? Or just people you choose to insult with something that isn't even true?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. StLucieBengal

StLucieBengal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,253
    Yeah there absolutely no one on this board who always makes excuses for the Muslims.... No matter what horrendous violent crime against good and decent people that they commit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,416
    Problem is you don't take the time to understand what people are saying, not only that you don't give a damn, you just want any old excuse to hurl insults and attacks at people.