When is using the word “Whore” appropriate?

This morning on “Morning Joe”, several clips were played from the gubernatorial debate between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.

Brown was asked to apologize to Whitman and was asked if using the word “whore” was comparable to using the “N” word.

Brown said his campaign issued an apology, but this was accidentally recorded at a private campaign meeting and this has no comparison with using the “N” word. The audience reacted will some jeers and some boos.

Meg Whitman rolled her eyes in a very Sarah Palinesqe way. Then went on to say it was a slap in the face to all women in California.

Brown then pointed out that her campaign manager, former Gov. Pete Wilson, while referring to both men AND women in congress, said, and I quote:

“I don’t blame the judge; he is interpreting the law,” Wilson said during a speech before the National Association of Wholesalers Wednesday. “I blame the Congress for being such whores to public employees unions that they would pass that kind of legislation.”

Meg Whitman said you can’t compare the two. At that point, the audience erupted into howls and jeers and boos.

I’m assuming that according to Meg, using the word “whore” to describe a single woman is a slap in the face to all women, but using it to describe both men and women is equal, therefore “acceptable”?

Or because Brown’s use of the word was more recent, it worse?

Had a Republican Man's Campaign said the same of HILLARY! or Michelle Obama or Pelosi...

Get it?...

No, you Probably don't.

Carry on.

:)

peace...

I believe the tendency to feel victimized is much too pronounced in America today and too much negative emphasis is placed on the casual use of words which some groups find offensive.

In the example of Jerry Brown's use of the word whore, he wasn't accusing any women of degraded promiscuity but he used the word in purely metaphorical reference to certain devious political maneuvers. The protest from Whitman's camp is clearly intended to divert attention from the unscrupulous deal she made with the California police unions. Specifically, she agreed to leave their pensions intact if they vote for her -- even though she has vowed to trim all extravagant state civil service pensions

So in this case I don't think Brown's use of the word whore calls for criticism. And I believe the best thing Brown's people can do every time the complaint is raised about the word is take advantage of the opportunity to explain the reason for it.

Actually, Brown didn't usethe word whore. He had completed a campaign phone call and didn't get the phone hung up like he thought. It was one of his staff who used the word.

Actually, it was his wife who said it.

This morning on “Morning Joe”, several clips were played from the gubernatorial debate between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.

Brown was asked to apologize to Whitman and was asked if using the word “whore” was comparable to using the “N” word.

Brown said his campaign issued an apology, but this was accidentally recorded at a private campaign meeting and this has no comparison with using the “N” word. The audience reacted will some jeers and some boos.

Meg Whitman rolled her eyes in a very Sarah Palinesqe way. Then went on to say it was a slap in the face to all women in California.

Brown then pointed out that her campaign manager, former Gov. Pete Wilson, while referring to both men AND women in congress, said, and I quote:

“I don’t blame the judge; he is interpreting the law,” Wilson said during a speech before the National Association of Wholesalers Wednesday. “I blame the Congress for being such whores to public employees unions that they would pass that kind of legislation.”

Meg Whitman said you can’t compare the two. At that point, the audience erupted into howls and jeers and boos.

I’m assuming that according to Meg, using the word “whore” to describe a single woman is a slap in the face to all women, but using it to describe both men and women is equal, therefore “acceptable”?

It's just another slang word that tells you more about the person throwing it, than the one receiving it.

Had a Republican Man's Campaign said the same of HILLARY! or Michelle Obama or Pelosi...

Get it?...

No, you Probably don't.

Carry on.

peace...

So when you called Cindy Sheehan a media whore, was that acceptable or not?

Get it?...

No, you Probably don't.

Carry on.

peace...

So when you called Cindy Sheehan a media whore, was that acceptable or not?

Take your time, Mal.

All men when up against a strong woman will use the whore/slut card any way they can.

There you go insulting men by putting them all in one big box and putting them down again.

Puppy...she knows ALL men (and women for that matter) better then they even know themselves. Just ask her :eusa_shhh: LOL

It's an appropriate term when talking dirty in the bedroom, if that's the sort of thing that turns a couple on.

California NOW President Calls Whitman 'Political Whore'

California NOW President Patty Bellasalma told Talking Points Memo in an interview Thursday that "Meg Whitman could be described as 'a political whore.' Yes, that's an accurate statement."

TPM had called Bellasalma to follow up on a recent Daily Caller story that quoted her as seemingly justifying the incident last week in which a tape was released revealing a Brown staffer being unknowingly recorded referring to Whitman as a "whore" while discussing political strategy

California NOW President Calls Whitman 'Political Whore'

:doubt:

I am guessing you think it is ok to use the word when describing Republican women, but not Democrats.

That is my take. Considering your Undying Partisan Bias.

Appropriate when applied to people like Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi and so on. Applicable also to any liberal female who undoubtedly negs me for just being the messenger. It shouldn't be "hello Mrs. Clintoon" rather, "hello you fiilthy skank yankee whore". Good times.

"What a stupid, no win question!" he said rolling his eyes in a very Obamaesque way while recalling the only thing he ever agreed on with the boyking....

Kanye really is a jackass.

Forum List

Back