When is using the word “Whore” appropriate?

R

rdean

This morning on “Morning Joe”, several clips were played from the gubernatorial debate between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.

Brown was asked to apologize to Whitman and was asked if using the word “whore” was comparable to using the “N” word.

Brown said his campaign issued an apology, but this was accidentally recorded at a private campaign meeting and this has no comparison with using the “N” word. The audience reacted will some jeers and some boos.

Meg Whitman rolled her eyes in a very Sarah Palinesqe way. Then went on to say it was a slap in the face to all women in California.

Brown then pointed out that her campaign manager, former Gov. Pete Wilson, while referring to both men AND women in congress, said, and I quote:

“I don’t blame the judge; he is interpreting the law,” Wilson said during a speech before the National Association of Wholesalers Wednesday. “I blame the Congress for being such whores to public employees unions that they would pass that kind of legislation.”

Meg Whitman said you can’t compare the two. At that point, the audience erupted into howls and jeers and boos.

I’m assuming that according to Meg, using the word “whore” to describe a single woman is a slap in the face to all women, but using it to describe both men and women is equal, therefore “acceptable”?

Or because Brown’s use of the word was more recent, it worse?

This morning on “Morning Joe”, several clips were played from the gubernatorial debate between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.

Brown was asked to apologize to Whitman and was asked if using the word “whore” was comparable to using the “N” word.

Brown said his campaign issued an apology, but this was accidentally recorded at a private campaign meeting and this has no comparison with using the “N” word. The audience reacted will some jeers and some boos.

Meg Whitman rolled her eyes in a very Sarah Palinesqe way. Then went on to say it was a slap in the face to all women in California.

Brown then pointed out that her campaign manager, former Gov. Pete Wilson, while referring to both men AND women in congress, said, and I quote:

“I don’t blame the judge; he is interpreting the law,” Wilson said during a speech before the National Association of Wholesalers Wednesday. “I blame the Congress for being such whores to public employees unions that they would pass that kind of legislation.”

Meg Whitman said you can’t compare the two. At that point, the audience erupted into howls and jeers and boos.

I’m assuming that according to Meg, using the word “whore” to describe a single woman is a slap in the face to all women, but using it to describe both men and women is equal, therefore “acceptable”?

All men when up against a strong woman will use the whore/slut card any way they can.

All men when up against a strong woman will use the whore/slut card any way they can.

Not always true. For example, if she's got a keister like your avatar many of us will play the Doggie Style card.

It depends on the context. If he was calling her a political whore it's not a slur against women. If he called her a whore because she had sex before marriage then it is a slur.

Her weaseling is stupid, though. If whore and ****** are the same level of insult then she shouldn't have said in the second case that was different!

On the bolded part - Would you care to explain what a 'Palinesqe' way means? How is it different from a standard eye roll?

And, it is never appropriate to call a female a 'whore'. It is, however, perfectly fine to call a group comprising both congress men and congress women 'whores' - because they actually are.

You're just being a slutty whore.

It depends on the context. If he was calling her a political whore it's not a slur against women. If he called her a whore because she had sex before marriage then it is a slur.

Her weaseling is stupid, though. If whore and ****** are the same level of insult then she shouldn't have said in the second case that was different!

I agree with this ^^^

Michelle Obama is a whore, too, then.

thats-racist.gif

Last edited:

Why does the word "Whore" have to come up at all?????? Aren't these people smart enough to come up with another word????? I guess not.

Maybe this is common place in California but where I live, we don't go around the office calling people whores. :cuckoo:

Q. When is using the word “Whore” appropriate?

A. Whenever a Democrat uses it to describe a Republican.

Did that help?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back