When is the US going to update its service rifle?

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
I know the pentagon has tried many times to replace the M16 and M4 carbine. There were several ambitious projects to create a next generation service rifle, all of which ended in humiliating failures. At one point there was even a competition to replace the M4 in which almost all of the final contenders were foreign rifles.

The M16 should of been phased out 20 years ago. The M4 is a good weapon, but it's already become last-generation. I don't understand why the pentagon is having so much trouble replacing these old weapons, considering that they have shown interest in doing so for a long time.

For the same reason they haven't replaced the space shuttle.

When the time is right, you'll know.

Can you clarify? I don't get the space shuttle example. The pentagon has shown interest in replacing the M4 carbine, even going as far as considering a foreign rifle.

If you are talking about replacing during a war, you would think they would of learned from Vietnam. The first production of the M16 was riddled with design flaws and rushed out to soldiers on the front lines.

I know the pentagon has tried many times to replace the M16 and M4 carbine. There were several ambitious projects to create a next generation service rifle, all of which ended in humiliating failures. At one point there was even a competition to replace the M4 in which almost all of the final contenders were foreign rifles.

The M16 should of been phased out 20 years ago. The M4 is a good weapon, but it's already become last-generation. I don't understand why the pentagon is having so much trouble replacing these old weapons, considering that they have shown interest in doing so for a long time.
The last 8 years we've had a prez that hates guns and made cuts to the military

The pentagon operates largely independent of the presidency. The US has been trying to commission a new service rifle for almost 30 years.

Can you clarify? I don't get the space shuttle example. The pentagon has shown interest in replacing the M4 carbine, even going as far as considering a foreign rifle.

If you are talking about replacing during a war, you would think they would of learned from Vietnam. The first production of the M16 was riddled with design flaws and rushed out to soldiers on the front lines.

No, I can't really clarify.

We know you are a foreign agent, so there is no point in giving you any intel.

The pentagon operates largely independent of the presidency. The US has been trying to commission a new service rifle for almost 30 years.
What do you have in mind? The M4 is a good platform. The caliber needs to be looked at. BTW, the M14 is a superb weapon. It is just a little heavy and "over sized" for air cavalry and APC operations.

eb6.jpg

eb6.jpg
Neither actually.

It has been shown, extensively, that by your own accounts, you are not a US citizen.

Further, you are hostile to the native population of North America.

Finally, I have proven many times on this board that I have advanced knowledge of why the global political structure is organized as it is. I have no idea why you are seeking this knowledge.

I would never reveal to you the real reason why the ruling authorities have seen fit to not to replace the current standard issue service rifle. Even if I told you what they were thinking of replacing it with, you would think I was nuts anyway.

I will tell you one thing, it will never be replaced with reliance on a foreign manufacturer; they wouldn't even let the technology out till necessary.

Don't be an idiot.

What do you have in mind? The M4 is a good platform. The caliber needs to be looked at. BTW, the M14 is a superb weapon. It is just a little heavy and "over sized" for air cavalry and APC operations.

It would actually be the M16 platform, since the M4 carbine is a variant of the M16.

A new service rifle would need to allow fully automatic fire, have greater stopping power, and a larger effective firing range . It needs to be easily modified to serve as an assault rifle, sharpshooter, and LMG.

The M14 wasn't a bad gun 50 years ago. Then the modernized militaries of the world transitioned to assault rifles. Battle rifles still have a place in modern warfare, but newer designs have come a long way since then.

Finally, I have proven many times on this board that I have advanced knowledge of why the global political structure is organized as it is. I have no idea why you are seeking this knowledge.

I would never reveal to you the real reason why the ruling authorities have seen fit to not to replace the current standard issue service rifle. Even if I told you what they were thinking of replacing it with, you would think I was nuts anyway.

No offense mate, but you are just some random loser on a message board.

If that's what you believe, then that is better for both of us.

It would actually be the M16 platform, since the M4 carbine is a variant of the M16.

A new service rifle would need to allow fully automatic fire, have greater stopping power, and a larger effective firing range . It needs to be easily modified to serve as an assault rifle, sharpshooter, and LMG.

The M14 wasn't a bad gun 50 years ago. Then the modernized militaries of the world transitioned to assault rifles. Battle rifles still have a place in modern warfare, but newer designs have come a long way since then.
It will be all those things and more.

I'll give you a hint Onyx, as long as the people you are working for can't get the American people to give up, or can't subvert their 2nd Amendment? America's military-industrial-complex won't release the technology associated with the new service rifle onto the world market.

M14 reigns Supreme.

I hope this is sarcasm :cuckoo:

Americans never say "Mate". Ozzies and Brits do, perhaps a few others.

He's right, and what I just said is fact, Jack.

You sir, are not American. I'm certain whatever assault rifle your country uses is 7.62x39 or 7X51

I'll give you a hint Onyx, as long as the people you are working for can't get the American people to give up, or can't subvert their 2nd Amendment? America's military-industrial-complex won't release the technology associated with the new service rifle onto the world market.

It's pretty obvious that you are either a troll looking for attention, or a schizophrenic living in your mom's basement. No one really believes that you have inside knowledge on the US government or any other institution, so stop calling your opinions 'intel' and accusing your fellow USMB members of being 'foreign agents.'

Yes, I am a foreign agent looking for intel on an internet message board. You caught me! :lmao:

Forum List

Back