When is the "N" word appropriate?

I know, I know, I am a racist now.... But is it because I asked a question about the double standard in this country or because I am conservative...

Everytime a conservative even mentions some racially controversial they are a racist.... I was hoping this site was different...guess not.

The intent of your question is obvious -- to point out and question the double standard.

The answer to your question is quit giving a fuck what other people think. That is unless you are trying to appease someone.

IMO, most half-white, half-anything else people identify with anything else. Until the last couple of decades, that half-anything else would get you ostricized by mainstream whites. Now, nobody really cares but the racists.

That's just my take on it. I've never cared one way or the other. My "partner in crime" through high school was half-black, half-white. The people we hung out with didn't give a shit.

Allowed by whom?

Troll on, sport.

Oh, the horror!

You.

You should go to Harlem and start using it immediately.

Check back with us and let us know how well recieved you were, okay?

Thanks for the great information.... :rolleyes:

The intent of your question is obvious -- to point out and question the double standard.

The answer to your question is quit giving a fuck what other people think. That is unless you are trying to appease someone.

IMO, most half-white, half-anything else people identify with anything else. Until the last couple of decades, that half-anything else would get you ostricized by mainstream whites. Now, nobody really cares but the racists.

That's just my take on it. I've never cared one way or the other. My "partner in crime" through high school was half-black, half-white. The people we hung out with didn't give a shit.

Is that what you think? I thought the intent of his question is because he's annoyed he can't/shouldn't call black people names.

He can do whatever he wants... doesn't mean his butt won't get kicked in the process. I wish him luck...and there's a really good jerk chicken place on 125th street near the federal building where he should try it out.

Is that what you think? I thought the intent of his question is because he's annoyed he can't/shouldn't call black people names.

That's because you have that PC, left-wing visor screwing up your vision. I don't see anywhere that he expressed a desire to call blacks *******.

I DO see however that he questions the double-standard. I do too. All the time. Are you saying you think *I* want to call blacks ******* too?

I think you've known me long enough to know better than that. I call idiots idiots and it doesn't matter what color their suntan is.

He can do whatever he wants... doesn't mean his butt won't get kicked in the process. I wish him luck...and there's a really good jerk chicken place on 125th street near the federal building where he should try it out.

This entire comment addresses nothing stated. You're just knee-jerking to someone daring question the double-standard, much the same as Obamaphiles immediately squeal racism the second anything he says or does is questioned.

Squealing racism in order to dismiss a topic rather than actually address it from a logical, fact-based POV is bullshit. Filling in between the lines something that is neither stated nor implied and attacking it is also bullshit.

Out of curiosity why are blacks allowed to say the "N" word but whites are not?

What about if you have a black Dad and a white Mom, is the son or daughter allowed to say it?

In November 2006 Jesse Jackson wanted to ban the "N" word. Yet, according to reports he used the N-word during a break in a TV interview where he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

So I ask if Jesse Jackson is going back on his word then it must be ok to say that word, but how is it ok for?

So if its ok,then use around Black people,if you are so bad.When you pick up your teeth that have been knocked out of your mouth.You will know the reason.

Out of curiosity why are blacks allowed to say the "N" word but whites are not?

What about if you have a black Dad and a white Mom, is the son or daughter allowed to say it?

In November 2006 Jesse Jackson wanted to ban the "N" word. Yet, according to reports he used the N-word during a break in a TV interview where he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

So I ask if Jesse Jackson is going back on his word then it must be ok to say that word, but how is it ok for?
When a white person can say it to their face, then maybe it's appropriate, but I doubt it.

Yep, I believe that as well...like I said, I go back and forth.

I guess I just don't see someone who calls themselves a "nigga" thinking higly enough of themselves to achieve at a high level.

Not sure which is cause and effect... but I hear ya about going back and forth.

Never in my home; nor are slurs directed at any race, creed, or sexual orientation appropriate. On may say S--- if hit by a falling bookcase though. : )

The "n" word is appropriate when it is appropriate. It isn't offensive when it isn't offensive. Same as the word "redneck". It's a joke when it's a joke and it's funny when it's funny. It's offensive when it's intended to be offensive.

The "n" word is appropriate when it is appropriate. It isn't offensive when it isn't offensive. Same as the word "redneck". It's a joke when it's a joke and it's funny when it's funny. It's offensive when it's intended to be offensive.

Offense is determined by the recipient, not the speaker.

Offense is determined by the recipient, not the speaker.

Horse hockey; degrading words are just that; DEGRADING. It is not difficult to eliminate vulgar terms. As for redneck, offensive to someone's face, still........................ Jerry Jeff Walker wrote a good song about rednecks. :D

Forum List

Back