When is rope not a twine?

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
When it is a thick rope.

Like a climbing rope. Or one that holds a hot air baloon in place to keep it from flying away.

Funny noose story..at least to me....

When I was about 11, I was at the state fair, where I was showing a Welsh pony and a Walker foal.

Anyway, above the stalls there was a loft, and I used to loll around in the loft above my pony's stall, while the trainers and owners lounged about in lawn chairs outside the stalls, in the breezeway.

I had just learned to make a noose (an art I have long since lost).

So for fun, I'd make miniature nooses of haystring, and lower them down to dangle in front of the trainers and owners for a joke.

One day, I dangled said noose down next to a well-known walker trainer and bopped it around his head...and my pony reached her nose out between the bars of her stall and grabbed the noose and gave it a healthy yank.

I didn't quite, but almost, came tumbling down. Because at 11, I hadn't yet learned the "JUST LET GO" rule of when something is dragging you at the end of a rope, let the fucker go. I was hanging by my hips about 9 feet above the concrete before I let go.

Same pony escaped during the fair and wandered around the carnival, including the octopus, and various and assorted other terrifying rides, with about 3 people racing after her.

Her name was Pruny. RIP Pruny, you were a gem.

my brother got married on this ranch he worked on, western style wedding. They made their own dance floor out in the field and everything. As a joke the grooms men put a noose in the tree behind the alter. :lol:

Forum List

Back