When is rape not a crime?

I don't see how any reasonable person can defend what Polanski did. His actions were both criminal and morally reprehensible. I agree with those that state that even if he didn't feel justice was being served, he always had the right to appeal.

its incredible that ANYONE can defend his actions

I figure if someone is whacked in the head enough times with a mallet, they'll say anything.

I have yet to find myself agitated by this site, but this thread is a first. I'm outta this one. Sick fucks are just sick fucks. No wonder the common opinion is there is no rehabilitation of pedophiles.

Contumaicious's fake quote of Xenophon said:
I want Roman Polanski prosecuted because he is a rich Jew

Yes I knew that dicklicker.

I don't agree with Xenophon on much of anything, but in his defense, I haven't seen any comment from him that would lead me to believe he's an antisemite.

think,,, convicted of sex with a minor equal conviction of statutory rape. Because sex with any minor is defined as statutory rape. how can you not be convicted of rape if you have had sex with an underage person who cannot legally give consent? doesn't make sense. just semantics

That's bullshit.

If she had had sex with a 14 y/o the State would have not prosecuted anyone. What is the difference between screwing a 14 y/o and a 50 y/o?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You want to bet they wouldn't have? They would have prosecuted the boy and not her, but that's another can of worms.

Bullshit.

I know of no jurisdiction that has ever done that.

But produce a link.

That's bullshit.

If she had had sex with a 14 y/o the State would have not prosecuted anyone. What is the difference between screwing a 14 y/o and a 50 y/o?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You want to bet they wouldn't have? They would have prosecuted the boy and not her, but that's another can of worms.

Bullshit.

I know of no jurisdiction that has ever done that.

But produce a link.

Really ... FOXNews.com - When Ms. Teacher Goes After Male Pupil - U.S. & World

Before getting into the point that juvenile court records aren't public record, I've actually seen cases very much along those lines. I'm pretty sure most other people in this thread have as well.

Sounds like a few teenagers who just learned how to cuss, and want to impress their buddies w/ all their profanity.

I have yet to find myself agitated by this site, but this thread is a first. I'm outta this one. Sick fucks are just sick fucks. No wonder the common opinion is there is no rehabilitation of pedophiles.

Let me tell you something about American Jurisprudence which you can read here:

51TV78MME5L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

For the longest period of time Afro-Americans, women, other racial and ethnic minorities and the poor had no rights in so-called courts of law. The powers-that-be are always seeking ways to railroad those who they want convicted. Especially by State Court Judges who are elected to power.

Let me tell you something about American Jurisprudence which you can read here:

51TV78MME5L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

For the longest period of time Afro-Americans, women, other racial and ethnic minorities and the poor had no rights in so-called courts of law. The powers-that-be are always seeking ways to railroad those who they want convicted. Especially by State Court Judges who are elected to power.

Let me tell you something about morality, as in you are a stupid fuckhead who eats shit.

36 years and a sense of morality ...

So you agree that she suffered no harm .

The State Of California is merely enforcing an ECCLESIASTICAL CRIME.

I have really been trying to see your side of this because I just don't think it's worth the cost of prosecution (I live in LA and we're broke) after 30 years.
The girl has long since forgiven him.
And he has almost lived in a kind of lax home arrest since the incident.
And he has never repeated any such disgusting acts.
And isn't the point of all legislation to keep the streets safe? If he hasn't repeated then it's all good.
Unless you're talking about revenge. For yourself. Because I guess somehow you all were harmed by this. Since, like I said before, the victim has forgiven him.

Now do not think that this post condones child rape, like contumacious here.
Or makes any excuse for this piece of shit Polanski, if this all went down the way I've always heard it.
I'm just saying maybe it doesn't really matter that much now.

Xen, they all say that when it isn't their child, but if it is their child..oh an entire different story.

Before getting into the point that juvenile court records aren't public record, I've actually seen cases very much along those lines. I'm pretty sure most other people in this thread have as well.

Are you saying that you know of cases where a 14 y/o was prosecuted for having sex with a 13 y/o?

Yes, he just drugged up a 13 year old, fed her booze and anally fucked her while she begged him to stop.

But it wasn't 'rape-rape' or even a crime, ebcause he directed some movies.

I never thought we could agree on something, but this piece of shit should be thrown under the jail.

Not only did he rape a child, but he laughed at the justice system and just simply ran.

How can anyone...ANYONE ......stick up for this guy.

36 years and a sense of morality ...

So you agree that she suffered no harm .

The State Of California is merely enforcing an ECCLESIASTICAL CRIME.

I have really been trying to see your side of this because I just don't think it's worth the cost of prosecution (I live in LA and we're broke) after 30 years.
The girl has long since forgiven him.
And he has almost lived in a kind of lax home arrest since the incident.
And he has never repeated any such disgusting acts.
And isn't the point of all legislation to keep the streets safe? If he hasn't repeated then it's all good.
Unless you're talking about revenge. For yourself. Because I guess somehow you all were harmed by this. Since, like I said before, the victim has forgiven him.

Now do not think that this post condones child rape, like contumacious here.
Or makes any excuse for this piece of shit Polanski, if this all went down the way I've always heard it.
I'm just saying maybe it doesn't really matter that much now.
What you are basically asking is, is there a time limit on right and wrong.

If you kill a man, and not get caught for 50 years, is he any less dead?

Crime is crime.

Is it worth it?

Cost should not be the over riding factor in right and wrong.

Here he have an elitest pice of shit polanski who lived the good life, acting like an animal and escaping because he had the money to stay away from justice.

Doesn't much matter if it was years ago, or that the victim forgives him.

He's still guilty.

Now do not think that this post condones child rape, like contumacious here.Or makes any excuse for this piece of shit Polanski,

Where have I condone RAPE - the act of FORCEFULLY having sex with another individual?

Why shouldn't Roman Polanski receive DUE PROCESS OF LAW?

So you think that unless there is violence it's not rape? That's even worse.

Forum List

Back