When is rape not a crime?

Hey jackass, what part about 'he confessed' and skipped out before sentancing escapes you?

Mr Fucktard Sir. familiarize yourself with the FACTS then post:

The New Yorker Magazine

"Unlike some who minimize Polanski’s offense in arguing for his release, I am morally outraged and disgusted by the facts of his crime. Polanski didn’t flee judgment, however—he pled guilty to a crime, under a plea-bargain agreement. I would have had no problem with Polanski being found guilty, back then, of a more serious offense and serving a long jail term for what he did. But that’s not what happened; the prosecution didn’t seek any such sentence; it sought probation, Polanski pled guilty under those terms, and fled to France only after learning of Judge Laurence Rittenband’s plan (as detailed in the documentary “Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired”) to override the agreement, after illegal consultation with another prosecutor uninvolved in the case, and imprison him for a long time."

Hey jackass, what part about 'he confessed' and skipped out before sentancing escapes you?

The New Yorker Magazine

"Unlike some who minimize Polanski’s offense in arguing for his release, I am morally outraged and disgusted by the facts of his crime. Polanski didn’t flee judgment, however—he pled guilty to a crime, under a plea-bargain agreement. I would have had no problem with Polanski being found guilty, back then, of a more serious offense and serving a long jail term for what he did. But that’s not what happened; the prosecution didn’t seek any such sentence; it sought probation, Polanski pled guilty under those terms, and fled to France only after learning of Judge Laurence Rittenband’s plan (as detailed in the documentary “Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired”) to override the agreement, after illegal consultation with another prosecutor uninvolved in the case, and imprison him for a long time."

You defend child rapists, you have gone to the lowest level on the totem pole.

well,, if one is convicted of having sex with a minor then one has in fact committed the criminal act of statutory rape!

Sure, he committed rape. But that's not what he was convicted of.

think,,, convicted of sex with a minor equal conviction of statutory rape. Because sex with any minor is defined as statutory rape. how can you not be convicted of rape if you have had sex with an underage person who cannot legally give consent? doesn't make sense. just semantics

When is rape not a crime?

When there is no evidence that neither force nor violence were used in a sexual rendezvous.

with a 13 year old??????

In Spain, Japan and Mexico 13 y/o can consent to sex. Do 13 y/o in those jurisdictions mature faster than Californians? Are the young ladies in those jurisdiction being harmed as a matter of fact?

Or are California Laws adopted by the West Coast Chapter of the American Taliban?

No, it was called SEX WITH A MINOR!

Good grief, what is so hard to understand? It's legal terminology. What he did was rape. But what he was convicted of was SEX WITH A MINOR.

so what is statutory rape?

It depends on what period of time and what state you're talking about. That's the thing. Yes, he's a rapist, no doubt about it. But at the time, he wasn't convicted of the crime of "rape".

When there is no evidence that neither force nor violence were used in a sexual rendezvous.

with a 13 year old??????

In Spain, Japan and Mexico 13 y/o can consent to sex. Do 13 y/o in those jurisdictions mature faster than Californians? Are the young ladies in those jurisdiction being harmed as a matter of fact?

Or are California Laws adopted by the West Coast Chapter of the American Taliban?

Now to try the apples and oranges justification. Now you are just making me sick.

Today it is accepted that a minor as defined by whatever state (and the age varies) CANNOT give consent for sex.

But we live in different times than we lived in 30 years ago, when Roman was convicted.

with a 13 year old??????

Now to try the apples and oranges justification. Now you are just making me sick.

Ditto that KK.

The New Yorker Magazine

You defend Legal Lynching , you have gone to the lowest level on the totem pole.

U.S. Constitution: Fifth Amendment

Fifth Amendment - Rights of Persons

Amendment Text | Annotations

No person shall ..... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; .

with a 13 year old??????

Or are California Laws adopted by the West Coast Chapter of the American Taliban

Do the folks in your town know that you think sex with a 13 year old (what is that - 6th grade?) is OK in your sick, twisted little mind?

A judge may override a plea bargain if he beleives justice is not being served.

If Polanski believed the judge was not following the law, he had the option of appealing the sentence...not flee the country.

The New Yorker Magazine

You defend Legal Lynching , you have gone to the lowest level on the totem pole.

U.S. Constitution: Fifth Amendment

Fifth Amendment - Rights of Persons

Amendment Text | Annotations

No person shall ..... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; .

You are just sinking lower.

I just finished reading the grand jury testimony of the girl about the rape (from The Smoking Gun link provided by another earlier). It's heartbreaking. When she was describing the beginning of the rape, she called his going down on her "cuddliness".

How sad.

Read it. It's heartbreaking how he took such advantage of that girl.

Polanski is a pig. I cannot get over the defense of him by others.

Stupid shit delted to save space

Hey asshole, familarize yourself with reality.

HE ADMITTED IT.

Stupid fuck.

Look dumb ass, I take that English comprehension is not your forte. What is your native language so I can translate the news article.

He agree to plead guilty IF IF IF IF he was sentenced to probation. A corrupt judge reneged on the deal so the guilty plead is null and void.

I don't see how any reasonable person can defend what Polanski did. His actions were both criminal and morally reprehensible. I agree with those that state that even if he didn't feel justice was being served, he always had the right to appeal.

Forum List

Back