when is a cop allowed to punch a suspect? (I am on the cops side this time)

I have no problem with what ended up happening, but I will say this. If Seattle has so many police officers available that they have time to ticket people for something as stupid and petty as jaywalking, then they have too many police officers and should probably save the taxpayers some money and lighten the load a bit.

How wonderful that you are now in charge of deciding what laws should be enforced.

I dont recall reading any post like that.
But if a jaywalking incident ends up in people injured, at what point do you suppose something went wrong?
The officer was clearly out of his ability to handle the situation, which was a tough one. I wouldn't suspend him but I would see he got better training.
Of course, this being the internet, he should have grabbed the "gage" in his cruiser and opened fire.

At what point do I figure something went wrong? At the point where someone who wasn't even involved in the original situation struck an LEO.

He should have pepper sprayed her right in the eye.

Don't know about the right cross- I always thought when force was necessary they were supposed to use an open palm. Just don't know enough about police protocol; However, he seemed pretty sloppy in the subsequent arrest. She was 90lbs soaking wet, he should have had her pinned and cuffed in about 10 seconds.
[edit] meh, maybe she was a buck 30, 140 tops. But I stand by my statement.

Last edited:
The punk got what she deserved. However, the cop will be guilty of hitting her in the face and probably be suspended or fired for that.

I have had abuse from the cops, but I also know that most of them are good guys. There are always a few punks that are cops and who are nothing but mean. This guy was being overwhelmed and had to take control. I would not punish him, but knowing the system and by hitting her in the face he will be in trouble.

I have no problem with what ended up happening, but I will say this. If Seattle has so many police officers available that they have time to ticket people for something as stupid and petty as jaywalking, then they have too many police officers and should probably save the taxpayers some money and lighten the load a bit.

This particular area, by a high school, has a new pedestrian walkway installed because of numerous car/pedestrian incidents. Students have walked slowly across the busy street taunting cars to hit them and refusing to yield to traffic or use the light at the corner, so they installed the walkway. This was all at great expense to the tax payer to protect the cute little darlings from being run over. Yes the city wants to stop the jay walking and yes they positioned a car just for that purpose. And yes the girl has had a previous incident of police assault in her past.

Don't know about the right cross- I always thought when force was necessary they were supposed to use an open palm. Just don't know enough about police protocol; However, he seemed pretty sloppy in the subsequent arrest. She was 90lbs soaking wet, he should have had her pinned and cuffed in about 10 seconds.
[edit] meh, maybe she was a buck 30, 140 tops. But I stand by my statement.
The officer should have waited until he was disarmed by the sweet young ladies and then he could have begged for his life on his knees like any good oppressor should. I must admit that as far as entertainment value goes, nothing beats a disarmed officer.

The second the dummie put her hands on him the Officer could have arrested her for assault on a PO.

He over reacted in my book. He never should have hit her.

Both parties overreacted. The ladies should have just taken the citation for jaywalking and the PO should have kept his cool.

The officer will probably be suspended or moved to another area. Sure hope they don't fire him.

The second the dummie put her hands on him the Officer could have arrested her for assault on a PO.

He over reacted in my book. He never should have hit her.

Both parties overreacted. The ladies should have just taken the citation for jaywalking and the PO should have kept his cool.

The officer will probably be suspended or moved to another area. Sure hope they don't fire him.

Unless I'm wrong, they were not the ones being cited for j-walking.

The officer needs some training. If you are going to hit some one, put them down immediately. I don't believe he should be suspended or fined.

The female should be arrested and tried for obstruction of justice as well as resisting arrest. Under no circumstance should anyone interfere with an officer in the line of duty if no illegal clear and present danger to life and limb is presented by the officer. There was none. She has had problems with the law before.

Remember that if you assault an officer, you better be in the right.

Here is the real question. Where did we go wrong as a society where 17 y/o children now think it's acceptable to assault anyone, let alone an LEO?

I hope they clear this officer and put him right back on that corner, with a big can of pepper spray.

I usually am against over forceful cops, but in this case I think the bitch got what she deserved, video at link:

Seattle Police Officer Caught on Tape Punching Woman During Jaywalking Stop - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

My question is though, what are the guidelines to police officers in cases like this? From what I see he had two people fighting against him while a rowdy crowd around him cheered them on. They didn't cooperate at all and they forcefully fought back, what he following guidelines when he hit her or should he try something else?

Never. After you unload the mag into the cop's gut, he/she can return fire.:cuckoo:

Obviously, the cop was still coherent/awake; therefore, should not have used "deadly force".

You guys throw "******" around quite freely. I am stunned but not surprised.

He had more patience than me, I would have pepper sprayed her as soon as she put a hand on me.

To answer your question, the smart move would have been to wait for backup, but LEO do have the right to defend themselves. Like I said personally I would have peppers sprayed both of them as soon as things got physical.

I would have that ****** in the background to who was clearly trying to incite the crowd.

glad to hear that you would not piss on her and break her arm.

I usually am against over forceful cops, but in this case I think the bitch got what she deserved, video at link:

Seattle Police Officer Caught on Tape Punching Woman During Jaywalking Stop - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

My question is though, what are the guidelines to police officers in cases like this? From what I see he had two people fighting against him while a rowdy crowd around him cheered them on. They didn't cooperate at all and they forcefully fought back, what he following guidelines when he hit her or should he try something else?

Never. After you unload the mag into the cop's gut, he/she can return fire.:cuckoo:

Obviously, the cop was still coherent/awake; therefore, should not have used "deadly force".

True story, I'm laid up right now because some jerk off shot me in the leg during a situation. and he is suing the drug task force claiming that I could have subdued him without returning fire. He had already shot me in the leg AND had a 15 y/o girl to use as a potential hostage so I shot him in the shoulder to force him to drop his gun and by that time help had arrived and arrested him and now he's claiming I used excessive force. :lol:

Guess I should have killed him so he couldn't sue.

He had more patience than me, I would have pepper sprayed her as soon as she put a hand on me.

To answer your question, the smart move would have been to wait for backup, but LEO do have the right to defend themselves. Like I said personally I would have peppers sprayed both of them as soon as things got physical.

I would have that ****** in the background to who was clearly trying to incite the crowd.

Someone should make clear at this point that conjob is not a police officer. He is just some police flunkie who likes to use non-specific language to give the misimpression that he knows what he's talking about. When he talks about what he'd do, he is just fantasizing.

IOW, conjob will never be in a position to do what he says he would do. He's just playing tough guy on the internet = ten feet tall in ASCII, 2" long IRL

Would you prefer I tell you what you are allowed to say?

I can.

Do you think hiding idiots makes them disappear?

Losers hide behind stupid rules. I want anyone that says "******" out on the stage, in the spotlight, for ALL to see.

Let me know when you get it.

Would you prefer I tell you what you are allowed to say?

I can.

Do you think hiding idiots makes them disappear?

Losers hide behind stupid rules. I want anyone that says "******" out on the stage, in the spotlight, for ALL to see.

Let me know when you get it.

It's more appropriate to call them "Colored Folk"

Someone should make clear at this point that conjob is not a police officer. He is just some police flunkie who likes to use non-specific language to give the misimpression that he knows what he's talking about. When he talks about what he'd do, he is just fantasizing.

IOW, conjob will never be in a position to do what he says he would do. He's just playing tough guy on the internet = ten feet tall in ASCII, 2" long IRL

and someone should make it clear that Sangha can't read, although that is self evident.

I have never once, not even by a small margin intimated that I am an LEO. I am a Captain in the Arkansas National Guard. I serve full time and my duty station is in one of the many judicial drug task forces we have in Arkansas. I work with local,state, and federal agents , most of my duty involves acting as a SWAT team captain in rural areas where the local police dept does in fact not have a SWAT team.

I think it's clear to anyone other than a complete boob that I know what I'm talking about on most issues, whether you agree with my opinion is another matter.

and someone should make it clear that Sangha can't read, although that is self evident.

I have never once, not even by a small margin intimated that I am an LEO. I am a Captain in the Arkansas National Guard. I serve full time and my duty station is in one of the many judicial drug task forces we have in Arkansas. I work with local,state, and federal agents , most of my duty involves acting as a SWAT team captain in rural areas where the local police dept does in fact not have a SWAT team.

I think it's clear to anyone other than a complete boob that I know what I'm talking about on most issues, whether you agree with my opinion is another matter.

So you are stationed at Camp Robinson?

He should have cuffed the first bitch then arresested the second bitch for assault on a police officer.

Forum List

Back