when is a cop allowed to punch a suspect? (I am on the cops side this time)

He had more patience than me, I would have pepper sprayed her as soon as she put a hand on me.

To answer your question, the smart move would have been to wait for backup, but LEO do have the right to defend themselves. Like I said personally I would have peppers sprayed both of them as soon as things got physical.

I would have that ****** in the background to who was clearly trying to incite the crowd.

and this is only two months ago....wow.

He had more patience than me, I would have pepper sprayed her as soon as she put a hand on me.

To answer your question, the smart move would have been to wait for backup, but LEO do have the right to defend themselves. Like I said personally I would have peppers sprayed both of them as soon as things got physical.

I would have that ****** in the background to who was clearly trying to incite the crowd.

First of all, us detectives hate the term "cop" as that is derogatory to all law enforcement.
POST (Police Officers Standards) training does not have a punch to the face of anyone as the first line of defense in a resisting arrest case unless there is a weapon. At the least the officer is in violation of that.
Since this involved a jay walking case instead of a real crime a 30 day suspension without pay would be a very fair warning to the police officer. Give him another chance.

Bitch at Hollywood about the word COP man.

The meanings of words often change over time. In America today the vast majority of people know nothing about the History of the word all they know is what Movies and shows like Cops tell them. And they tell them that calling a Police officer a cop is not an insult. How many movies have you seen where the Cops do not even refer to themselves as cops.

lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back