When I was in Texas

I thought everyone in America had air conditioning and also basements, although someone told me that in some American States they don't have basements, but I can't remember which States they are.

You cant have a basement anywhere along the Gulf Coast.
Not basements in Fort Worth area where I live. A rock layer about 8 foot down is one problem.

Is it Limerock? No basement here.
Not sure, but it's some form of sedimentary rock. I have two acres and chunks bubble up after rains.

Is it white? What's your elevation?
Yellow. 800'

I don't have A/C, so it's a moot question

Do you live in Alaska?

Never needed it here either. In ten summers at this locale the highest temp I've ever seen, at the peak of the most intense heat wave -- was 87 degrees. That's 31 centigrade. And that's rare. Right now, mid-afternoon, it's 74 (23).

Sometimes I run a ceiling fan, if it's really hot maybe an exhaust fan, that's about it.

The mountains have that effect. If I went down the hill to the next town that 87 would be 98.

I wish AC had never been so mainstream.

F*ing yankees would go home.
Old joke:

A young New York couple is driving home from a visit to Miami when their car blows a tire on I-95 in Georgia. Two old gents in a pickup truck stop and begin helping the couple change their tire. The couple are grateful and thank the gentlemen. One of them tips his hat and says, "No thanks needed, folks. We're always happy to help Yankees go home".

Forum List

Back