When I was a Kid..........................

:eek:When I was a kid I used to peak through the crack in the bathroom door and watch my older sister take a bath.

When I grew up no one spoke much about left or right, liberal or conservative in the terms they are used now. When we weren't talking girls, we were talking cars or the draft. This was the early sixties. We weren't really politically sophisticated and the strong differences of today were completely off our radar screen. We were republicans and democrats, but no one took it very seriously and while some would argue the benefits of one candidate over another, it had none of the vitriol of today. We didn't even argue Vietnam, Communism was associated with a domino theory of falling states and we would all have to do our duty and fight it before we too fell to communism. Of course we didn't have 24 hour TV commentary to fill our heads with ideas of good and bad. Was that a naive world view, I suppose you could say so, it was simple and had none of the political emotion displayed today. We were all just Americans....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back