When I started becoming an agnostic.

I tell you what. Why don't you start your thread over without demonizing Catholics or lesbians but keeping your central question. Which I assume is, how could God kill children?

This is a different way of saying "If there is a God, how come there are so much pain and suffering in the world?" But why do we assume that mankind is inherently good? One could also ask "If there is no God, why is there so much love and kindness in the world?" One does not necessarily presuppose the other.

I do think that Joe makes good points. The OT is ridiculous at times, and many Christians selectively pull out whatever is convenient to promote their own interpretation of morality while ignoring other stuff.

Like Joe does.

I tell you what. Why don't you start your thread over without demonizing Catholics or lesbians but keeping your central question. Which I assume is, how could God kill children?

1) I don't think I demonized either, and frankly, I am not going to self-edit to accomedate every overly senstitive person who might get offended by the way I tell a story.

My issue with this woman was not her sexuality or her religion, but how her inability to reconcile the two made her into a pretty shitty person. One who apparently delighted in tormenting kids.

2) My question is not "How" could God kill children, because the bible indicates that he did. Frequently. Genesis 6 is not his last foray into killing kiddies. He burned them at Sodom, struck them dead in Egypt, sent plagues because David took a Census and sent bears to maul them for laughing at a prophet's bald head. My question is, why would a God who kills children for petty things be worthy of my worship. And at the end of the world, he's going to kill all the ones he missed.

1) I don't think I demonized either, and frankly, I am not going to self-edit to accomedate every overly senstitive person who might get offended by the way I tell a story.

My issue with this woman was not her sexuality or her religion, but how her inability to reconcile the two made her into a pretty shitty person. One who apparently delighted in tormenting kids.

2) My question is not "How" could God kill children, because the bible indicates that he did. Frequently. Genesis 6 is not his last foray into killing kiddies. He burned them at Sodom, struck them dead in Egypt, sent plagues because David took a Census and sent bears to maul them for laughing at a prophet's bald head. My question is, why would a God who kills children for petty things be worthy of my worship. And at the end of the world, he's going to kill all the ones he missed.

You mean someone else's story .:eusa_shhh:

Really. Tell you what, contact that person and tell him I stole his story...

They are dead. And a piss ant pseudo intellectual just is not worth that much effort.:lol:

Last edited:
When I was a kid going to Catholic School in Chicago, we had this nasty old nun named Sister Mary Bonaventure. She must have been about 80 years old. Really, mean personality, the kids were terrified of her. Which is probably what happens when you are a frustrated lesbian living in a Convent for 60 years with other frustrated lesbians and not being able to touch the goodies.

Anyway, Sister Bonaventure was telling us all about Noah's Flood one day. And she said, "And God saw that people were WICKED! And he told Noah to build an Ark, and put the animals aboard, and he sent the rains to drown everyone because they were WICKED."

And being the soft-hearted kind of kid I was back then, I asked, "But why did God drown the babies?"

"They were WIIIIIIICKED Babies! WIIIIIIIICKED!!!"

Well, not surprisingly, when it became kind of hip to be a lesbian, enrollments in these holy orders dropped faster than Obama's approval rating, but it did get a few wheels rolling in my head.

Why would any God who drowned babies be considered "Good"? Why would God drown people for being the way he made them? Reading the original scripture didn't help clarify the matter. (They didn't let you at the original scripture until High School, usually.) It went on about angels having sex with women and creating giants, which was even more confusing, really.

I've discussed this matter over the years with Catholics, Protestants, Mormons, Evangelicals, and frankly, as idiotic as Sister B.'s explanation was, their explanations were equally stupid.

Not that it is relevant, but for me it was as a young child in my parents church on any Sunday night when "testimony" was asked for and given. Someone would testify about their experience of being "saved" and soon someone would be filled with the holy "spirit" and sometimes, rolling on the floor, they would "speak in tongues."
To me, besides being scary because of the obvious lack of self control, it always sounded contrived, made up, not a real language at all. Then some other person would "interpret" what had just been said by the person filled with the holy spirit.

As to your confusion, it's mythology, and the meaning of the myth has been lost through the ages. But all myths have some basis of truth or fact if you can discover it.

That's exactly how the Salem Witchtrials went down, btw.

This is a different way of saying "If there is a God, how come there are so much pain and suffering in the world?" But why do we assume that mankind is inherently good? One could also ask "If there is no God, why is there so much love and kindness in the world?" One does not necessarily presuppose the other.

I do think that Joe makes good points. The OT is ridiculous at times, and many Christians selectively pull out whatever is convenient to promote their own interpretation of morality while ignoring other stuff.

Like Joe does.

To be honest, from what I've read, Joe is being more intellectually consistent. But I haven't read everything.

They are dead. And a piss ant pseudo intellectual just is not worth that much effort.:lol:

You know what, just for shits and grins, I actually googled the phrase "Sister Mary Butch". The only reason it came up was that this other guy died recently, otherwise no one thought it was all that funny or all that memorable. This thread actually comes up on the third page...

So two guys working independently come up with the same obvious joke.

The joke being...

Nuns were all frustrated lesbians.
Nuns took guys names they preceded with "Sister Mary (Dude's Name).

So, yeah, doesn't that gag kind of follow? Logically?

Oh, wait, you believe in a baby-drowning God. Logic clearly doesn't enter into it for you.

I would say that religion is a man-made construct. The negatives of religion does not disprove the existence of God.

I would halfway agree with that.

In fact, I get in terrible arguments with other atheists about the teaching of intelligent design in the classroom. I think that there is an argument to be made that the universe has a designer, but I also recognize that this is more about hope than fact. I can't prove it, but I can suspect it.

But I refuse to believe the universe is so poorly designed that Yahweh, the sociopathic diety of the bible, is that God.

You know what, just for shits and grins, I actually googled the phrase "Sister Mary Butch". The only reason it came up was that this other guy died recently, otherwise no one thought it was all that funny or all that memorable. This thread actually comes up on the third page...

So two guys working independently come up with the same obvious joke.

The joke being...

Nuns were all frustrated lesbians.
Nuns took guys names they preceded with "Sister Mary (Dude's Name).

So, yeah, doesn't that gag kind of follow? Logically?

Oh, wait, you believe in a baby-drowning God. Logic clearly doesn't enter into it for you.

You hit the links,you are lazy to do a good google search. The wife spotted war you stole the nun from Thunder on The hill. You most likely stole his bit off TV, But in another thread you claim that all Catholic school victims refer to nuns as gay lesbian's or sister marry butch ? Face it, you are a hack. You stole your stories. Oh, and Vic Donlap took up almost two pages on my google search. Thats how you got his story so easy. He was obscure enough that you thought you would get away with ripping off his material, but he has quite a few videos on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that religion is a man-made construct. The negatives of religion does not disprove the existence of God.

I would halfway agree with that.

In fact, I get in terrible arguments with other atheists about the teaching of intelligent design in the classroom. I think that there is an argument to be made that the universe has a designer, but I also recognize that this is more about hope than fact. I can't prove it, but I can suspect it.

But I refuse to believe the universe is so poorly designed that Yahweh, the sociopathic diety of the bible, is that God.

Well, at least the material was original, and not "borrowed".

I've seen this guy's bit. His whole routine was to pull a shirt over his head and talk like a nun...

Okay. Saw a lot of kids do that back at St. Syms... No wonder I never heard of this joker, he wasn't actually funny.

:lol: Now you are just making things up. And lying. Your OP was certainly bigoted.

I think you need to resolve your problems with other people other than taking your frustrations out on me.

I told what I thought was an amusing story from my childhood. At least, amusing to me. Now, mind you, when I was 11 I didn't even know what a lesbian was, but I knew there was something off about these women compared to my mom and every other kid's mom.

Now, if my only goal was slander the Church, heck, I'd make up stories about being molested by priests. I mean, that wouldn't have been a stretch, lots of stories about that happening.

My point was, that I guess you can't address, either, is that the story in Genesis 6 is pretty screwed up in the context of the God Christians want to believe in. People have disappointed him, and his solution is to kill them all. Even the babies. And the Puppies. And the Kitties..

Heck, people disappoint me all the time. Killing them usually doesn't show up on my options list.

So God is either inept by making such flawed creatures that required such a radical solution, or he was unnecessarily cruel that his go to option was to drown babies...

Now as messed up as Sister Mary B.'s interpretation was, at least she had one. She didn't even take a ruler to me, which was her usual go-to solution. Compare that to guys like Samson who need to attack the person actually asking the question.

Because they don't have one. It's a huge contradiction in their faith.

Ironically, I believe the meanest most frustrated nuns were the heteros. They're the ones not getting any.

I've seen this guy's bit. His whole routine was to pull a shirt over his head and talk like a nun...

Okay. Saw a lot of kids do that back at St. Syms... No wonder I never heard of this joker, he wasn't actually funny.

Darn right you have, that's who you stole the characters for your story from.

Ironically, I believe the meanest most frustrated nuns were the heteros. They're the ones not getting any.

I don't think the gay nuns were getting any either.

But to the point, if you were straight, you were expected to go out and make little Catholics, which is why you had big Catholic families moving through these schools. There were five of us, and we had anywhere from 1-4 in this school at any time.

The gays were encouraged to either pretend to be straight or pray away the gay.

When people realized how silly that was, membership in the clergy dropped like a stone. They don't have enough priests to cover all the parishes anymore.

Whatever, you made it a point to slam her sexuality and her religion with no grasp on what really was....

Stories in the bible are simply parables. If you don't agree with them, fine. But quit demonizing innocent people with your hate.

Whatever, you made it a point to slam her sexuality and her religion with no grasp on what really was....

Stories in the bible are simply parables. If you don't agree with them, fine. But quit demonizing innocent people with your hate.

That woman was not innocent. I remember she berated a girl so badly and humilated her in front of the class so bad the poor girl peed her pants. This woman was a horrible monster.

Oh, and I had a perfectly good grasp on her religion (Roman Catholic Stupid) and her sexuality...

That woman was not innocent. I remember she berated a girl so badly and humilated her in front of the class so bad the poor girl peed her pants. This woman was a horrible monster.

Oh, and I had a perfectly good grasp on her religion (Roman Catholic Stupid) and her sexuality...

:popcorn:

Of course, that begs the question....how did you have a good grasp on her sexuality?

Forum List

Back