When hurting Obama is more important then jobs

The Volt has demonstrated an inclination to spontaneously combust. That's reality. Although there might be a study that says bursting into flames isn't really bursting into flames. The Volt is not affordable enough to be available to the general public without a per vehicle massive government subsidy.

That makes it a failure. An expensive failure.

I made a mistake. Each Volt does not cost the taxpayer $100,000. It's actually $250,000.

Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle [Michigan Capitol Confidential]

Each Chevy Volt sold thus far may have as much as $250,000 in state and federal dollars in incentives behind it – a total of $3 billion altogether, according to an analysis by James Hohman, assistant director of fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.

Hohman looked at total state and federal assistance offered for the development and production of the Chevy Volt, General Motors’ plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. His analysis included 18 government deals that included loans, rebates, grants and tax credits. The amount of government assistance does not include the fact that General Motors is currently 26 percent owned by the federal government.

You obviously failed economics.

By this measure, we would have to conclude that the first Iphone cost about 200M dollars, with a 199,999,700 prebate courtesy of Apple.

The IPhone did not get a government subsidy. If no IPhones could be sold without the government paying for each and every one first, it too would be a failure. How much of a subsidy was given per Model T Ford?

The Volt has demonstrated an inclination to spontaneously combust. That's reality.

No, it hasn't. You are simply making shit up.

The Volt is not affordable enough to be available to the general public without a per vehicle massive government subsidy.

Really? So the general public doesn't drive any of these?
Make Avg transaction price
BMW - $52,083
Cadillac - $48,312
Audi - $43,668
Lincoln - $43,074
Lexus - $42,902
Infiniti - $42,334
Acura - $37,538
Volvo - $35,671

I made a mistake. Each Volt does not cost the taxpayer $100,000. It's actually $250,000.

Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle [Michigan Capitol Confidential]

Each Chevy Volt sold thus far may have as much as $250,000 in state and federal dollars in incentives behind it – a total of $3 billion altogether, according to an analysis by James Hohman, assistant director of fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.

Hohman looked at total state and federal assistance offered for the development and production of the Chevy Volt, General Motors’ plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. His analysis included 18 government deals that included loans, rebates, grants and tax credits. The amount of government assistance does not include the fact that General Motors is currently 26 percent owned by the federal government.

You obviously failed economics.

By this measure, we would have to conclude that the first Iphone cost about 200M dollars, with a 199,999,700 prebate courtesy of Apple.

The IPhone did not get a government subsidy.

By your version of economics, it came with a 199M Apple prebate. Because you don't understand marginal costs.

volt-fire.jpg

The coal fired car idea has been around for decades. The technology is still not available to provide cheap and efficient transportation. The energy provided per gallon of gas far exceeds the applicable unit of electricity, and for a much better price. Plus, Americans do not want to drive those pieces of shit.

Here's what I know. obama and gm fucked over the bondholders, shareholders and pensioners, and dealerships, volt smolt. I would not by a gm product for any price.

Fires aren't the reason to dump the Volt though. The real reason is because it will take 28 years to get any benefit from driving it.

I plan to buy one in the next year or so and I assure you I will begin to get benefit immediately. At about $31,000 it's cheaper than the car I'll be trading in.

After the Government shells out like 8 grand its only 31,000 really, Wow awesome deal. lol

The volt was an experiment. For the most part it failed. Buying a Volt does not pay for the car, without a government subsidy and it has a tendency to catch fire. We don't know what the crash tests are because it was not submitted for a 2013 crash test. A few years ago I think it was Honda, came out with an electric vehicle. All of the models were eventually recalled. Of course, Japan didn't subsidize that car.

I think that you are refering to the Toyota RAV-4 EV. And that ceased production for this reason;

Toyota RAV4 EV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chevron Patent incumbrance

Main article: Patent encumbrance of large automotive NiMH batteries

Whether or not Toyota wanted to continue production, it was unlikely to be able to do so because the EV-95 battery was no longer available. Chevron had inherited control of the worldwide patent rights for the NiMH EV-95 battery when it merged with Texaco, which had purchased them from General Motors. Chevron's unit won aUS$30,000,000 settlement from Toyota and Panasonic, and the production line for the large NiMH batteries was closed down and dismantled. This case was settled in the ICC International Court of Arbitration, and not publicised due to a gag order placed on all parties involved.[12][13] Only smaller NiMH batteries, incapable of powering an electric vehicle or plugging in, were allowed by Chevron-Texaco.[14]

In spite of the attempts by big oil, in this case Chevron, the EV is here to stay. Even at present battery energy levels, it is suitable for most peoples daily commute. And if they put solar on their roof, they even provide their own energy. Plus energy for the house.

In the meantime, more Hybrids are coming online, increasingly competative with the Prius.

2013 Ford C-MAX | Maximize Your Lifestyle With The New C-MAX Hybrid or C-MAX Energi | Ford.com

By 2020, there will be very competative hybrids, plug in hybrids, as well as long range ev's. All the mewling and puking about the 'good old days' when the oil companies and auto manufactures pushed anemic 400 cu. in. vehicles that got 7 mpg will not bring them back. That and fuel that will continue to rise in price as Asia competes with us for that fuel.

In spite of the attempts by big oil, in this case Chevron, the EV is here to stay. Even at present battery energy levels, it is suitable for most peoples daily commute. And if they put solar on their roof, they even provide their own energy. Plus energy for the house.

In the meantime, more Hybrids are coming online, increasingly competative with the Prius.

2013 Ford C-MAX | Maximize Your Lifestyle With The New C-MAX Hybrid or C-MAX Energi | Ford.com

By 2020, there will be very competative hybrids, plug in hybrids, as well as long range ev's. All the mewling and puking about the 'good old days' when the oil companies and auto manufactures pushed anemic 400 cu. in. vehicles that got 7 mpg will not bring them back. That and fuel that will continue to rise in price as Asia competes with us for that fuel.
Yes. Ford did their electric car without the help of Obama's stimulus money. That's why the Ford product does NOT cost the American taxpayer $250,000 each.

The Volt is an engineering marvel. Americans should be proud one of our companies could design such a functional and efficient machine.

But it's good for America, which means it's bad for Republicans.

this is something to be proud of, not a limp wristed volt

cadillac-1942-series-62-conv-coupe-1503.jpg

The Volt has demonstrated an inclination to spontaneously combust. That's reality.

No, it hasn't. You are simply making shit up.

The Volt is not affordable enough to be available to the general public without a per vehicle massive government subsidy.

Really? So the general public doesn't drive any of these?
Make Avg transaction price
BMW - $52,083
Cadillac - $48,312
Audi - $43,668
Lincoln - $43,074
Lexus - $42,902
Infiniti - $42,334
Acura - $37,538
Volvo - $35,671

some of those ^ might actually pass as an automobile

Fires aren't the reason to dump the Volt though. The real reason is because it will take 28 years to get any benefit from driving it.

I plan to buy one in the next year or so and I assure you I will begin to get benefit immediately. At about $31,000 it's cheaper than the car I'll be trading in.
Is that 31k after the $7500 rebates or before?

I'm horrified and embarassed about this whole country in electing obama in the first place.

No one blames obama for the Volt. He is blamed and rightly so, for giving billions to this dangerous failure on the sole basis that it advances his political agenda.
But you were fine with Bush giving billions to KBR, Halliburton, Blackwater to advance his agenda?

Forum List

Back