When he got home on Sunday, he found his baby girl's body in a box

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
HORRIBLE....

Navy Wife Accused Of Killing Her Baby

December 13, 2005

By Michelle Esteban

BREMERTON - An 18-month-old girl was found dead Tuesday, and police say it was the result of neglect at the hands of the child's mother.

The mother, 21-year-old Richael Rhoades, is a Navy wife who told police she was so depressed, she stopped caring for her two children.

Police found the baby girl dead in a sealed box in the woman's Naval home in Bremerton. They think the 18-month-old has been dead since before Thanksgiving.

From neighbors to seasoned police investigators -- and even the Navy, this case is beyond shocking.

"This is sad, it's a serious concern of ours and we're perplexed," said Navy spokesman Tom Danaher.

No one knew the horror inside the Jackson Park Naval Community townhouse. Police say for weeks a helpless baby girl was neglected to death by her own mother.

Police say the trouble began when baby Brenda got sick and her mother did nothing. Police say Rhoades told them she didn't go to the doctor because she was worried someone would see the condition of her children and know she was neglecting them.

Court documents revealed the mother rarely fed or bathed her children -- sometimes giving the baby only a bottle of milk a day. She told police for weeks her 3-year-old son fended for himself.

She told police that in mid-November, Brenda had a fever of 102. She says she gave her baby Aspirin, then left her alone in her playpen for nearly two days, and when she finally checked on the baby, she was dead. The baby was slumped up against her bedroom door.

Not knowing what to do with the baby, she put her in a garbage bag, then in a box and taped it shut. The mother said she didn't call police because she panicked.

Instead, the first thing she did was play video games, and days later, she went to neighbors for Thanksgiving dinner. All the while, her baby was dead in a box on her front porch.

It was the baby's father who first made the gruesome discovery. The Navy says Petty Officer Michael Rhoades had been on the submarine USS Maine for more than two months. When he got home on Sunday, he found his baby girl's body in a box and found his neglected 3-year-old son.

In court documents, Richael Rhoades says she told her husband how the baby died, they then ate dinner, had sex, and she says the next day, Michael Rhoades called Navy security.

"There are so many options for us as Navy wives to ask for help when something is that severe," says neighbor Lisa Bragg. Her husband has been gone since January on an aircraft carrier.

Richael says she blames her depression on their recent move to Washington. Her husband's sub used to be stationed in Georgia, but in August, they got transferred here. She's been alone with the kids while her husband was on the sub. She claims she was suicidal.

The mother now faces possible charges of second-degree murder. Their 3-year-old son is currently in protective custody.

http://www.komotv.com/stories/40734.htm

The NEXT DAY the guy called the cops??? THE NEXT DAY?????????????

Wow...

A couple of Darwin Award nominees right there.

Fucking scum bags. Who the hell has that lack of a conscience to do such a thing. I'd be disgusted with my girlfriend (soon to be wife) if i came home and found that. Any love i'd had for her would instantly be gone at the sight of that. I dont care how insane someone says they are. Even retarded people have more sense then this.

God, WTF is wrong with people!!!!

http://www.komotv.com/stories/40787.htm

More details.

:(

I'm so angry right now...The lady had to push the girl's lifeless body away with the door...The girl probably was at the door, trying to get out. This lady is a monster in my book..my heart just breaks. :(

Imagine that little girl...fever...hungry...hurting...reaching for the door knob..trying despertately to find somebody to love her. May God send an angle to be with this baby...and give her comfort, and welcome her 'home'. :(

Reading this story is alot worse when you have a child.
She obviously knew her children were in danger, yet she didn't care
enough to let child services help. No, she just let her die instead.
This is the most disturbing, tragic story I have ever heard and I
hope they both pay for this dearly.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dmp said:
HORRIBLE....

The NEXT DAY the guy called the cops??? THE NEXT DAY?????????????

Wow...

they had dinner together then "Had sex"...this guy is as distorted as she is..if that had been me she would also be in a box and I would probably be in custody! Proverbial speaking that is!

archangel said:
they had dinner together then "Had sex"...this guy is as distorted as she is..if that had been me she would also be in a box and I would probably be in custody! Proverbial speaking that is!

Thank you!

He needs to be charged with something..accessory after the fact (you legal hounds can help me with this)....

For him not to call the authorities immediately.....

Forum List

Back