CDZ When has bearing arms helped?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Sep 4, 2019.

1. WillHaftawaite

WillHaftawaite USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,263
    I'd shoot the moron that signed that idiocy into law

2. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,528
    I hope I am not perceived as trolling this thread. Humor is not the same thing as trolling, is it?

3. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Your Worst Nightmare Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,655
    Is that a threat?

The point here is that the worth of something is different to many. To me, the worth of an AR is not very much. I won't spend a dime on one. It has no worth to me. And to most people it has no worth either. We are not going to spend any money (or not very much) in any buy back program for your AR at any time.

Here is a question for you. How much did they spend on a buy back program for the Thompson Model 1921 Typewriter? How about zero. Did they go and do a house to house search and seize them? Nope. Did they Ban them completely? Nope.

After the 1934 National Fire Arm Act was passed, they let time do the work for them. All replacement parts were ceased to be manufactured except for Military and Law Enforcement. All new weapons could only be sold to Military and Law Enforcement. No more Model 1921 Military Surplus was released to the general public. The Turn in or modifications rendering the thompson was strictly voluntary and most Citizens are law abiding and complied with the law. Some were kept operational by the owners complying with the new FFL laws. It took about 10 years along with some societal changes to get the job done.

So don't tell me that they can't regulate the AR-15 out of near total existance. It has been done before without all the nasty things you claim must be done. It can't be done overnight or in a year or 5 years or maybe not even 10 years but it can be done without a civil war or jack boots raiding your home as long as you didn't use your illegal weapon for a criminal action.

But I won't pay one single dime for your AR in a buy back because it's worthless to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,655
    Wow, a Moderate advocating Armed Violence. Imagine that. I suggest you report yourself.

5. progressive hunter

progressive hunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,033

you can have any opinion you want as long as youre aware the world doesnt revolve around you

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,655
    Depends if you agree or disagree with one certain person who seems to be out of control right about now and is on a killing spree. I wonder if that is enough?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. WillHaftawaite

WillHaftawaite USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,263
    your choice.

your opinion

10s of millions DO believe it has worth.

They must, they own one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yarddog

Yarddog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,445

We have a national guard already and a police force, city , state and county. The reality is they cant be everywhere and we will never have "no security problems" its an impossibility unless you want state militia on every street corner. Somehow i think leftists and Democrats would be the first people against that idea. It's bad enough with the police now that they dont trust.

people need to take care of themselves or are we a nation of cowards? I notice you thought Korean Americans protecting their property was funny, you do realize had they not stood up.... all their stores would have been looted, and burned right? but you dont really care about that do you? how hard someone had to work to get what they had.

9. Porter Rockwell

Porter Rockwell VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,158
    Yeah, dude. You're right; everybody else is wrong and only right wingers (sic) disagree with you. You're a legend in your own mind and I think you troll people for a profit unless you are being held in a mental health facility. You are a consistent fallacy.

Reality check: You do NOT hold a monopoly on the truth; right, left, and down the middle disagree with you. The gig is up. For you to have made such a statement, somebody is paying you to troll OR you are in a mental health facility. Either way, it is a waste of bandwidth to interact with anyone like you.

The Right to keep and bear Arms predates the Constitution. When the politicians tell us they are going to ban, buy back and / or criminalize weapons of any kind or sort, the American citizenry is obligated to resist such actions with passive resistance and civil disobedience. If the government uses force to take a weapon (or any feature thereof) the unorganized militia is obligated to repel such an attempt.

I don't know if they will push themselves away from their computers or not, but they know what their obligations are. Freedom is not free. It comes at a price.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,655
    Wrong. There are less than 10 million in existance. And most are owned by about 3 million. You take an inflated total and then you try and tell us that each one is owned by just one household. Sorry, but that's a lie. Many AR households own more than one. In fact, some own 5 or more. That means that the number of households that actually owns an AR is quite a minority. Yes, 3 million sounds like quite a lot but it's a drop in the bucket and isn't the majority, just the most boisterous. And the most threatening. Another reason to rethink things once again.

You already stated that anyone trying to pass certain laws, you would shoot. Now, if a Left Winger were to say the same thing you would go off right out of your frigging mind. I guess the rules are different for the extreme right wing militants than anyone else, right? You just threatened the US Congress.

That tells me that we DO need to make some changes. And the first changes we need to make is to end the Cult AR.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1