When God created the military spouse

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
When God was creating the military spouse, he was into his sixth day of overtime. An angel appeared and said, “You're having a lot of trouble with this one. What's wrong with the standard model?”

And the Lord replied, “Have you see the specs on this order? It has to be completely independent, but must be sponsored to get on a military installation, have the qualities of both mother and father during deployments, be a perfect host for 4 to 40, handle emergencies without an instruction manual, cope with flu and moving around the world, have a kiss that cures anything from a child's torn valentine to a spouse's weary day, have the patience of a saint when waiting for its mate to come home, and have six pairs of hands!”

The angel shook her head slowly and said, “Six pairs? No way!” And the Lord answered, “Don't worry, we'll make other military spouses to help. Besides, it's not the hands that are causing the problem, it's the heart. It must swell with pride, sustain the ache of separations, beat soundly when it's too tired to do so, and be large enough to say, ‘I understand' when it doesn't and ‘I love you regardless.’”

"Lord," said the angel, touching his sleeve gently, "Go to bed...you can finish tomorrow.” “I can't,” said the Lord. "I'm so close to creating something unique. Already I have one that can heal itself when sick, feed unexpected guests who are stuck in the area due to bad weather, wave goodbye to its spouse from a pier or runway, and understand it's important to the country that the spouse leave.”

The angel circled the model of the military spouse very slowly. "It's too soft," she sighed. "But tough!" said the Lord excitedly.” You cannot imagine what this being can do or endure.” "Can it think?" asked the angel. "It can convert 1400 to 2 p.m.!" said the Lord.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek. "There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model.” "It's is not a leak," said the Lord. "It is a tear. It's for joy, sadness, pain, loneliness, and pride.” "You're a genius!" said the angel. The Lord looked very somber and replied, "...I didn't put it there...”

I don't know how my wife put up with all my shit over the years that I was deployed, many times on no-notice orders, and all the bullshit military social functions I had to attend. The miracle to me wasn't that I came home in one piece. Hell, the Army has the medical technology to put me back together. The miracle is that my marriage stayed intact.

I guess the OP explains it best.

And the Lord replied, “Have you see the specs on this order? It has to be completely independent, but must be sponsored to get on a military installation, have the qualities of both mother and father during deployments, be a perfect host for 4 to 40, handle emergencies without an instruction manual, cope with flu and moving around the world, have a kiss that cures anything from a child's torn valentine to a spouse's weary day, have the patience of a saint when waiting for its mate to come home, and have six pairs of hands!”
This describes my wife to a "T". Well, without the six pair of hands of course! I'm a lucky guy.

I wish I'd of met her when I was in the service, I might have stayed in.

Forum List

Back