" when gerrymandering is based “purely on partisanship rather than on race”

Do you agree with this statement

• Yes. Why?

• No, Why?

Results are only viewable after voting.
there's no argument from me that racial gerrymandering is legal according to the current Scotus. But to deny the gop does it, is simply a lie.

Considering the most likely races to benefit from gerrymandering are blacks and Hispanics, and that a large majority of blacks and many Hispanics trend democratic, you really can't separate political reasons for said gerrymandering.

Your premise is false. Since gerrymandering has been in place since 1812, what evidence do you have to demonstrate "blacks and Hispanics" have benefited?

So creation of districts that will have a propensity to elect a Black or Hispanic via gerrymandering has no benefit to the Black or Hispanic community? It sure has a benefit to the people elected.

there's no argument from me that racial gerrymandering is legal according to the current Scotus. But to deny the gop does it, is simply a lie.

Considering the most likely races to benefit from gerrymandering are blacks and Hispanics, and that a large majority of blacks and many Hispanics trend democratic, you really can't separate political reasons for said gerrymandering.

That's blatantly false. You can draw any map to favor any race or any group of people.

How so? If you fudge a district to get skew a vote in favor of a Black person getting elected, and Blacks in general are democrats, how does that not help the democratic party?

Now if the districts are made to ISOLATE blacks and concentrate them in such a way as to limit their representation, then you have the opposite issue.

I've always loved this district for Luis. D of course.Illinois 4.

lossless-page1-400px-Illinois_US_Congressional_District_4_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Illinois's 4th congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It can't hold a candle to these:

America's Most Gerrymandered Congressional Districts

imrs.php

Your premise is false. Since gerrymandering has been in place since 1812, what evidence do you have to demonstrate "blacks and Hispanics" have benefited?

So creation of districts that will have a propensity to elect a Black or Hispanic via gerrymandering has no benefit to the Black or Hispanic community? It sure has a benefit to the people elected.

If you create a district that is 99% black you are giving a way a seat to limit lack influence in other districts

Why risk a 33% black vote in three districts?

If you create a district that is 99% black you are giving a way a seat to limit lack influence in other districts

Why risk a 33% black vote in three districts?

Yes, that can be done, but when it is done for that, is it done because they are black, or because they are democrats?

That's blatantly false. You can draw any map to favor any race or any group of people.

How so? If you fudge a district to get skew a vote in favor of a Black person getting elected, and Blacks in general are democrats, how does that not help the democratic party?

Now if the districts are made to ISOLATE blacks and concentrate them in such a way as to limit their representation, then you have the opposite issue.

Maps can be made to concentrate minorities into a few districts, or spread them out among many, limiting their influence in politics in both scenarios. It's not a hard concept to understand.

Maps can be made to concentrate minorities into a few districts, or spread them out among many, limiting their influence in politics in both scenarios. It's not a hard concept to understand.

Yes but, it takes an open mind.

To say only the GOP does it is just as big a lie

Who claimed the D's don't? Each party does, that is why the St. of CA voted to take reapportionment away from the professional Pols and have a 14 member commission decide.

Please see Prop 11 (2008) and Prop. 20 (2010) examples of letting the people decide not the professional pols.

Last edited:
To say only the GOP does it is just as big a lie

Who claimed the D's don't? Each party does, that is why the St. of CA voted to take reapportionment away from the professional Pols and have a 14 member commission decide.

Please see Prop 11 (2008) and Prop. 20 (2010) examples of letting the people decide not the professional pols.
And how is the make up of the commission determined?

The question is if the main reason is because of their race, or their voting habits.

As opposed to the steel trap of stupid you possess.

Well, what if one party is 90% white, and congressional lines drawn to elect only white pols?
Democrats Racially Diverse; Republicans Mostly White

From your link:
  • Republicans are overwhelmingly non-Hispanic white, at a level that is significantly higher than the self-identified white percentage of the national adult population. Just 2% of Republicans are black, and 6% are Hispanic.
Every time I say the GOP is 90% white, I always get these ignorant clowns saying prove it. I've posted supporting links so many times, I refuse to go look up such well known facts and link to them again. Not after so many times. And just to show how many links there are, you post one I've not seen before.

Thanks so much for sharing.

The three most notorious gerrymandered districts are acknowledged to be N.C. 10th created by democrats, Fla. 20 created by democrats and Pa. 12 created by republicans. The majority gets to create the districts and the only time democrats whine about it is when they are in the minority.

Thanks so much for sharing.

No problem, Hackasaurus Rex

Forum List

Back