When Exactly Were The Republicans With Obama?

The Republican meme, of late, has been that Obama had the political capital, help and support of even the Republicans when he got into Office, but squandered it.

I'd like to know, when exactly was this the case? Was it before or after they, as a party decided, on the night of Obama's Inauguration to do everything within their power to obstruct and stop Obama?

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

Was it before or after Mitch McConnell proclaimed that their number one goal, as a party is to make Obama a one-term President?

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

McConnell: Stopping Obama’s re-election still ‘single most important’ goal | The Raw Story
When exactly were the Republicans WILLING to work with President Barak Obama actually?

the day after the inauguration, rushbot said 'i hope he fails'. the rightwingnuts started their whinging then. i remember them even losing their little minds that he wanted to welcome kids to school (like many other presidents have done).

but whatever they want to pretend...

I heard it... He was talking about Obama's policies -but you'll simply ignore that part of it, and the fact that he's an entertainer -not a Politician. And no Democrat ever thought badly about Bush... Sure thing.

Ya like how the Dems in the Senate in 2001 and 2002 blocked every Judge they did not personally get to name. Remind us when the dems were with Bush?
Dear Mr. False Equivalency,

Please post a single, solitary example of the Democrats outright saying in public that their number one goal is to stop Bush from getting a second term.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Citizen

First you explain why that matters? Last I checked the GOAL of either the Republican or Democratic party is to ELECT their guy President, EVERY 4 years. Or are you claiming the Democrats did not want to beat Bush in 2004?

You're happy paying all those politicians to spend four years simply trying to secure their jobs, rather than helping to manage the country?

The Republican meme, of late, has been that Obama had the political capital, help and support of even the Republicans when he got into Office, but squandered it.

I'd like to know, when exactly was this the case? Was it before or after they, as a party decided, on the night of Obama's Inauguration to do everything within their power to obstruct and stop Obama?

Was it before or after Mitch McConnell proclaimed that their number one goal, as a party is to make Obama a one-term President?

McConnell: Stopping Obama’s re-election still ‘single most important’ goal | The Raw Story
When exactly were the Republicans WILLING to work with President Barak Obama actually?

the day after the inauguration, rushbot said 'i hope he fails'. the rightwingnuts started their whinging then. i remember them even losing their little minds that he wanted to welcome kids to school (like many other presidents have done).

Rush hoped he was a failure for the same reason I did.... because we knew what he was before he ever won the election. He is a radical.... and all the people he put in place are radicals.... Your damn right I hoped he failed.

BTW, Rush does not dictate what I think... he confirms what I already feel.

Unlike liberals, some of us con$ have a mind of our own. :eusa_whistle:

I heard it... He was talking about Obama's policies -but you'll simply ignore that part of it, and the fact that he's an entertainer -not a Politician. And no Democrat ever thought badly about Bush... Sure thing.

They acty as if we have no memory... wierd huh?:confused:

Just think what would have happened if Obama had succeeded at everything he had planned for us.

What would cap and trade have done to our fragile economy?

awwwwww, tissue? we know you were pushing for Bush to succeed, NOT

Not a single, solitary, RW, USMB poster has been able to refute the fact that the Republicans have waged a full-out, frontal, all-out war against Obama and his Administration from BEFORE he even stepped one foot into the Office.

Good job boys, keep it up. America will reward you greatly for this. You'll see. :clap2:

Just think what would have happened if Obama had succeeded at everything he had planned for us.

the same thing the health care will do to people who cant afford it.

Not a single, solitary, RW, USMB poster has been able to refute the fact that the Republicans have waged a full-out, frontal, all-out war against Obama and his Administration from BEFORE he even stepped one foot into the Office.

Good job boys, keep it up. America will reward you greatly for this. You'll see. :clap2:

You have failed to prove your claim. Your link is from 2010. No politician said any such thing in 2008 or 2009.

You do understand that when one makes a claim they are required to support it with facts, like links to appropriate material that supports their claim.

You have failed to prove your claim. Your link is from 2010. No politician said any such thing in 2008 or 2009.

You do understand that when one makes a claim they are required to support it with facts, like links to appropriate material that supports their claim.

RGS, apparently the people we sent to Washington to represent us were supposed to just rubber stamp whatever Obama wanted passed or else be accused of waging war against Obama.

Obama had a supermajority for 2 years. Yet we still blame Bush and the Republicans. Haha.. It's pathetic.

They had a secret meeting on the day of his Inauguration to come together in total and complete OPPOSITION to Obama for the purpose of totally and completely DEFEATING President Obama and stop him from winning a second term.

Stop lying. I guess you can't help yourself.

Obama had a supermajority for 2 years. Yet we still blame Bush and the Republicans. Haha.. It's pathetic.

BULLSHYTTE< brainwashed MORON> Less than 6 months. Considering Teddy dying, TWENTY FOUR DAYS in session. Pub dupe IDIOCY!!

Your "facts" are ALL Pubcrappe, chump.
If Republicans didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say.

the same thing the health care will do to people who cant afford it.

Everyone can afford it, dumbazz, and it's guaranteed. Explain who gets free medicaid, and who gets subsidized, clueless Pub dupe. LOL!:razz::razz::razz:

:razz:

McConnell: Stopping Obama&#8217;s re-election still &#8216;single most important&#8217; goal | The Raw Story

Worse, Republicans signed a pledge to Grover Norquist over the constitution they are supposed to uphold.

The Pledge: Grover Norquist's hold on the GOP - CBS News

That's even worse than their undermining democracy through voter suppression. At least the leadership is admitting that.

They had a secret meeting on the day of his Inauguration to come together in total and complete OPPOSITION to Obama for the purpose of totally and completely DEFEATING President Obama and stop him from winning a second term.

Yeah, and Democrats never have meetings like that!

Who are you trying to kid?

The Dims announced their implacable opposition to everything George Bush ever proposed.

Yeah, and Democrats never have meetings like that!

Who are you trying to kid?

The Dims announced their implacable opposition to everything George Bush ever proposed.

You see, Republicans weren't supposed to have any strategy for how they could faithfully represent their constituents in spite of being in the minority. They were just supposed to go to Washington and sit there mute while Obama transformed the nation into something unrecognizable.

Forum List

Back