When Exactly Were The Republicans With Obama?

The Republican meme, of late, has been that Obama had the political capital, help and support of even the Republicans when he got into Office, but squandered it.

I'd like to know, when exactly was this the case? Was it before or after they, as a party decided, on the night of Obama's Inauguration to do everything within their power to obstruct and stop Obama?

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

Was it before or after Mitch McConnell proclaimed that their number one goal, as a party is to make Obama a one-term President?

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

McConnell: Stopping Obama’s re-election still ‘single most important’ goal | The Raw Story
When exactly were the Republicans WILLING to work with President Barak Obama actually?

I can only speak for myself, but despite my disappointment in Obama's election I did hold out hope that he'd make good on many of the promises he made. Unprecedented transparency, taking a fine toothed comb to the federal budget but I suppose it's kind of hard to do that with no federal budget to comb, bills posted online prior to signing, healthcare proceedings on CSPAN, uniting the nation and the implications that his term would ring in a "post racial" America.

But then about 20 minutes after his inauguration he went on his apology tour and gave me a taste of what his wife had said she had lived with her entire life until his winning the Democrat nomination.

Five minutes after that he pulled the rug out from under our Eastern European allies on a deal that they risked much in agreeing to. Then conservatives were told to get in the backseat and the hits just kept coming.

Tell me when Obama respected his "enemies" enough to consider them as much as he does his radical agenda.
OK, so you're speaking for yourself, is a nice way to shield the rest of the Republicans from the responsibility of being "with the President" at any given point.

Even in your answer it seems a bit vague what's the final analysis. Based on the timelines you gave in your disappointment and seeming disgust in the President and the First Lady, I'm assuming that 5-minutes in you were out. So in essence from the very beginning you were in complete opposition of the President.

Is that a correct analysis?

The Republican meme, of late, has been that Obama had the political capital, help and support of even the Republicans when he got into Office, but squandered it.

I'd like to know, when exactly was this the case? Was it before or after they, as a party decided, on the night of Obama's Inauguration to do everything within their power to obstruct and stop Obama?

Was it before or after Mitch McConnell proclaimed that their number one goal, as a party is to make Obama a one-term President?

McConnell: Stopping Obama’s re-election still ‘single most important’ goal | The Raw Story
When exactly were the Republicans WILLING to work with President Barak Obama actually?

I can only speak for myself, but despite my disappointment in Obama's election I did hold out hope that he'd make good on many of the promises he made. Unprecedented transparency, taking a fine toothed comb to the federal budget but I suppose it's kind of hard to do that with no federal budget to comb, bills posted online prior to signing, healthcare proceedings on CSPAN, uniting the nation and the implications that his term would ring in a "post racial" America.

But then about 20 minutes after his inauguration he went on his apology tour and gave me a taste of what his wife had said she had lived with her entire life until his winning the Democrat nomination.

Five minutes after that he pulled the rug out from under our Eastern European allies on a deal that they risked much in agreeing to. Then conservatives were told to get in the backseat and the hits just kept coming.

Tell me when Obama respected his "enemies" enough to consider them as much as he does his radical agenda.
OK, so you're speaking for yourself, is a nice way to shield the rest of the Republicans from the responsibility of being "with the President" at any given point.

Even in your answer it seems a bit vague what's the final analysis. Based on the timelines you gave in your disappointment and seeming disgust in the President and the First Lady, I'm assuming that 5-minutes in you were out. So in essence from the very beginning you were in complete opposition of the President.

Is that a correct analysis?

As I've stated here before, I was disappointed due to statements he had made before his election like this made in January of 2008:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCjtiiwx30]Obama's cap & trade plan will raise your utility bill - YouTube[/ame]

However, as I've also stated, I was hopeful that and optimistic for this "unprecedented level of transparency" and the widely discussed implications that his election would ring in a new "POST RACIAL AMERICA" Not to mention his promises to POST BILLS ONLINE PRIOR TO THEIR PASSAGE and to allow CSPAN COVERAGE of the healthcare reform proceedings.

I was willing to at least for a moment, overlook things like the statement above, his "clinging to guns and religion" comment, his associations with clear domestic terrorists and racist, black liberation theologists. The other things he said, the things that the media didn't seek to cover sounded good to me. Perhaps not the entire package but a man who so prided himself on his belief that America should be owned and operated by the American people ESPECIALLY in regard to her system of governance was surly someone we could all find some common ground with, right? That's what I thought anyway.

Unfortunately, we quickly learned that NONE of those promises were anything more than slick campaign-speak and in stead of focusing on our own dismal economy, our newly elected president opted in stead to travel the world apologizing for America's past policies and portraying an image of a far less "super" superpower.

Within the first 100 days of his presidency, Obama traveled the world NOT as an ambassador of strength and leadership in a troubled world as so many presidents before him had done, but to apologize for our past policies and arrogance and bow to world leaders.

obama_bow.jpg

McConnell was late in his assessment that focusing on getting rid of Obama should be a priority for all those who cherish America and our way of life. He waited through two full years of Obama's incessant division, race baiting and contempt for the nation that made him.

And again I ask you, when has THE ONE ever bothered to even attempt to meet his "enemies" half way?

Thread fail.

It has been job #1 to oppose the liar-in-chief from day one.

The Republicans were trying to block a few trillion more dollars in wasteful spending and Marxism.

Things republicans stopped
-Cap in trade
-Worse health care system that democrats wanted
-billions in dollars of pork
-Trillions in give ways and cradle to grave
-Increased taxes on small businesses.
-Higher corporate tax. Like the highest on earth isn't bad enough.

O'yes...:eusa_boohoo:
Where are the links to back up those bogus claims?

C'mon Marc, the Republican strategy was revealed last week - lie, lie and lie some more.
Didn't they say that they weren't going to let their campaign be dictated by facts?

It must be embarrassing as hell for thinking Republicans.

The Republicans were trying to block a few trillion more dollars in wasteful spending and Marxism.

Things republicans stopped
-Cap in trade
-Worse health care system that democrats wanted
-billions in dollars of pork
-Trillions in give ways and cradle to grave
-Increased taxes on small businesses.
-Higher corporate tax. Like the highest on earth isn't bad enough.

O'yes...:eusa_boohoo:

C'mon Marc, the Republican strategy was revealed last week - lie, lie and lie some more.
Didn't they say that they weren't going to let their campaign be dictated by facts?

That, my good friend, is almost a thing of the pass in these times. Thinking Republicans is an oxymoron.

That, my good friend, is almost a thing of the pass in these times. Thinking Republicans is an oxymoron.

And Democrats who cannot put together sentences is the sign of the times... It's past.

Before politicians take an oath to a lobbyist or to their party that they will do all in their power to make the government fail, they should take a simple oath to help make America successful.
Guess that's pie in the sky stuff though. What does a politican's oath to America mean compared to an oath to party or lobbyist?

Forum List

Back