When Ever You See The Word "Justice," We're In Trouble!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"As part of its plan to comply with a federal desegregation order now decades old, Tucson’s school district adopted racial quotas in school discipline this summer. Schools that suspend or expel Hispanic and black students at higher rates than white students will now get a visit from a district “Equity Team” and will be expected to remedy those disparities by reducing their minority discipline rates. The Tucson equity plan shows that when Hispanics replace blacks as the dominant ethnic minority, as in Tucson and throughout the Southwest, the regime of double standards for behavior remains unchanged.

Tucson’s school district is 54 percent Hispanic, 30 percent white, and 7 percent black. It boasts an active “Mexican American Studies Department” that sponsors classes in high schools and middle schools to provide “social equity for Hispanic students.” Despite these attentions, the Hispanic high school suspension rate—10.5 percent of all Hispanic students in 2007–08—is 40 percent higher than the rate for white students (7.4 percent), though it’s dwarfed by the black suspension rate (16.3). Tucson’s new plan, first reported by the Arizona Republic, instructs schools to move away from “discipline” and toward “restorative justice.” (In the adult context, restorative justice typically features face-to-face encounters between criminals and their victims in lieu of jail or prison time.)"
There’s a Quota for That by Heather Mac Donald, City Journal Autumn 2009

Tucson’s school district adopted racial quotas in school discipline this summer

OFN. They're called 'Mangnet Schools' and they've had racial quotas as long as I can recall. I got refused admission to the school I lived near because they had too many White people.
the Hispanic high school suspension rate—10.5 percent of all Hispanic students in 2007–08—is 40 percent higher than the rate for white students

Not a surprise to anyone who lives there.
high school suspension rate—10.5 percent of all Hispanic students in 2007–08—is 40 percent higher than the rate for white students (7.4 percent), though it’s dwarfed by the black suspension rate (16.3)

Fortunately, we have few of them here, although they're increasing in number.

The entire problem started when "racially equitable results" became the standard, instead of equitable standards. Thus if the outcome of some policy means blacks are under represented by some artificial number then the policy is ipso facto racist.
It is a travesty of justice to maintain this.

"As part of its plan to comply with a federal desegregation order now decades old, Tucson’s school district adopted racial quotas in school discipline this summer. Schools that suspend or expel Hispanic and black students at higher rates than white students will now get a visit from a district “Equity Team” and will be expected to remedy those disparities by reducing their minority discipline rates.

Hmmmmm..

I wish Political Chick would just post a hint to support the thread's title; however, I think I'm safe in assuming that she believes the status quo is bad, and that schools should suspend or expel students based on their record of behaviour, not on their race.

If She were a principal in Tucson (a somewhat impossible picture to imagine), I wonder what she would do?

I know exactly what I'd do; Suspend and Expel as many Whites as I possibly could, to ensure I'd never need to waste time being harrassed by a district "Equity Team."

Forum List

Back