When Even Casual Sex Requires a State Welfare Program, You’re Pretty Much Done For

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
I’m writing this from Australia, so, if I’m not quite up to speed on recent events in the United States, bear with me — the telegraph updates are a bit slow here in the bush. As I understand it, Sandra Fluke is a young coed who attends Georgetown Law, and recently testified before Congress.

Oh, wait, no. Update: It wasn’t a congressional hearing; the Democrats just got it up to look like one, like summer stock, with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid doing the show right here in the barn, and providing a cardboard set for the world premiere of Miss Fluke Goes to Washington, with full supporting cast led by Chuck Schumer strolling in through the French windows in and drawling, “Anyone for bull****?”

Where was I? Oh, yes. The brave middle-aged schoolgirl had the courage to stand up in public and demand that someone else pay for her sex life.
Well, as noted above, she’s attending Georgetown, a nominally Catholic seat of learning, so how expensive can that be? Alas, Georgetown is so nominally Catholic that the cost of her sex life runs to three grand — and, according to the star witness, 40 percent of female students “struggle financially” because of the heavy burden of maintaining a respectable level of premarital sex at a Jesuit institution.

No, the most basic issue here is not religious morality, individual liberty, or fiscal responsibility. It’s that a society in which middle-aged children of privilege testify before the most powerful figures in the land to demand state-enforced funding for their sex lives at a time when their government owes more money than anyone has ever owed in the history of the planet is quite simply nuts.

Insane as this scenario is, the Democrat-media complex insists that everyone take it seriously. When it emerged the other day that Amanda Clayton, a 24-year-old Michigan million-dollar-lottery winner, still receives $200 of food stamps every month, even and the bureaucrats were obliged to acknowledge the ridiculousness. Yet the same people are determined that Sandra Fluke be treated with respect as a pioneering spokesperson for the rights of the horizontally challenged.

Sorry, I pass. “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom,” wrote Benjamin Franklin in 1784. In the absence of religious virtue, sexual virtue, and fiscal virtue, one might trust to the people’s sense of sheer preposterousness to reject the official narrative of the Fluke charade. Yet even that is not to be permitted. Full disclosure: I will be guest-hosting for Rush Limbaugh this Monday, so it would not be appropriate for me to comment here on Rush’s intervention. But let me say this. Almost every matter of the moment boils down to the same story: The Left’s urge to narrow the bounds of public discourse and insist that “conventional wisdom” unknown to the world the day before yesterday is now as unquestionable as the laws of physics. Nothing that Rush said is as weird or as degrading as what Sandra Fluke and the Obama administration are demanding. And any freeborn citizen should reserve the right to point that out as loudly and as often as possible.

Read a lot more here: The Fluke Charade - Mark Steyn - National Review Online

Mark Steyn. He's great. And having not been born in this country he sees this stuff from a perspective. Oh and yes, in his own way he just called Fluke a slut! Because he's right. The Democrats are going after the slut vote. And telling all sluts, it doesn't matter how promiscuous you wish to be, the Democrat party has your back and will have OTHER PEOPLE pay for it.

Last edited:
I’m writing this from Australia, so, if I’m not quite up to speed on recent events in the United States, bear with me — the telegraph updates are a bit slow here in the bush. As I understand it, Sandra Fluke is a young coed who attends Georgetown Law, and recently testified before Congress.

Oh, wait, no. Update: It wasn’t a congressional hearing; the Democrats just got it up to look like one, like summer stock, with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid doing the show right here in the barn, and providing a cardboard set for the world premiere of Miss Fluke Goes to Washington, with full supporting cast led by Chuck Schumer strolling in through the French windows in and drawling, “Anyone for bull****?”

Where was I? Oh, yes. The brave middle-aged schoolgirl had the courage to stand up in public and demand that someone else pay for her sex life.
Well, as noted above, she’s attending Georgetown, a nominally Catholic seat of learning, so how expensive can that be? Alas, Georgetown is so nominally Catholic that the cost of her sex life runs to three grand — and, according to the star witness, 40 percent of female students “struggle financially” because of the heavy burden of maintaining a respectable level of premarital sex at a Jesuit institution.

No, the most basic issue here is not religious morality, individual liberty, or fiscal responsibility. It’s that a society in which middle-aged children of privilege testify before the most powerful figures in the land to demand state-enforced funding for their sex lives at a time when their government owes more money than anyone has ever owed in the history of the planet is quite simply nuts.

Insane as this scenario is, the Democrat-media complex insists that everyone take it seriously. When it emerged the other day that Amanda Clayton, a 24-year-old Michigan million-dollar-lottery winner, still receives $200 of food stamps every month, even and the bureaucrats were obliged to acknowledge the ridiculousness. Yet the same people are determined that Sandra Fluke be treated with respect as a pioneering spokesperson for the rights of the horizontally challenged.

Sorry, I pass. “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom,” wrote Benjamin Franklin in 1784. In the absence of religious virtue, sexual virtue, and fiscal virtue, one might trust to the people’s sense of sheer preposterousness to reject the official narrative of the Fluke charade. Yet even that is not to be permitted. Full disclosure: I will be guest-hosting for Rush Limbaugh this Monday, so it would not be appropriate for me to comment here on Rush’s intervention. But let me say this. Almost every matter of the moment boils down to the same story: The Left’s urge to narrow the bounds of public discourse and insist that “conventional wisdom” unknown to the world the day before yesterday is now as unquestionable as the laws of physics. Nothing that Rush said is as weird or as degrading as what Sandra Fluke and the Obama administration are demanding. And any freeborn citizen should reserve the right to point that out as loudly and as often as possible.

Mark Steyn. He's great. And having not been born in this country he sees this stuff from a perspective. Oh and yes, in his own way he just called Fluke a slut! Because he's right. The Democrats are going after the slut vote. And telling all sluts, it doesn't matter how promiscuous you wish to be, the Democrat party has your back and will have OTHER PEOPLE pay for it.

:eusa_hand:

:badgrin:

One can disagree without being disagreable. But one can choose not to; Rush Limbaugh is an unclean assshole - the worst kind of asshole.

Fluke never asked for the state to pay for her birth control, so Steyn and the OP are full of shit.

Effectively she did.
I realize that subtle isn't really your thing. But think about it.

No she didn't. She wanted birth control covered in insurance policies that are paid for by the policy holders,

and that pay claims out of the premiums collected from the policy holders.

One can disagree without being disagreable. But one can choose not to; Rush Limbaugh is an unclean assshole - the worst kind of asshole.

In other words, "All that's true, but but but, Rush Limbaugh is a . . . . "

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fluke never asked for the state to pay for her birth control, so Steyn and the OP are full of shit.

Effectively she did.

No she didn't. She wanted birth control covered in insurance policies that are paid for by the policy holders,

She wants to force Catholic Institutions to pay for her casual sex. She went to George Town SPECIFICALLY for that cause.

And WHEN Catholic Institutions and insurance say "we can't cover everything" guess where it goes? Obamacare.

She wants her sex life underwritten by someone other than herself. That's the point.

Effectively she did.

She wanted the gov't to mandate this.
A distinction without a difference.

Two things to note here. Women were 53% of the vote in 2008, and 56% of them voted for President Obama. Both those numbers are going to be larger in 2012. Second, this arguement has highlighted the need for a Universal Health Care System. One that would not depend on the employer or the insurance company. And we may well get that between 2012 and 2016.

Effectively she did.

The government in NY mandates that I carry car insurance. If there is no difference between that and the government of NY buying me car insurance,

I'd like to know where my $1000 a year is going.

The government in NY mandates that I carry car insurance. If there is no difference between that and the government of NY buying me car insurance,

I'd like to know where my $1000 a year is going.

Wow, in NY you are required to have car insurance even if you don't have a car or drive?

That's harsh.

I bet your ass hole isn't too clean either.

Forum List

Back