When ends christianity, when starts theofascism?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Mr. Sauerkraut, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Mr. Sauerkraut

Mr. Sauerkraut Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Hi.

do you agree that the "churches" around koresh and jones left the path of jesus? If yes i like to ask you: What is the point when an exegesis of the good message is going wrong? Are there signs where we can fix it? What do you think?

2. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    I will focus on Locke, who taught to Separate Church and State, to insulate Each from the Tyranny of the other. There are 5 groups in the equation. God-Church-Individual-Society-Government. Maybe you could start out with rendering to God the things that are God's, and Caesar, the things that are Caesar's. Think Conscience, and it's place in your life. Think Life-Liberty-Property-Pursuit of Happiness. The Blind cannot lead the blind. We each have a chosen path.

3. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Everyone from lawyers to psychiatrists to talk show hosts has debated the line between a religion and a cult. There's no agreement, but most agree a high degree of isolation seems to be the bellweather of bad things.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,202
    Jones wasnt on the path of Jesus. He lead a communist sect. When preachers preach communism/marxism, then its pretty safe they've left it.

As for Koresh, I think he went off the path when he declared hismelf Jesus. However, I am not convinced that he was as big a threat as the Clinton administration made him to me.

However, it's difficult to tell.

5. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    The difference between a religion and a cult, to me, is maturity.

When the cult stop trying to convert everyone it sees to their belief and begins to tolerate others having different perspectives of the world, that is when the cult becomes a religion.

Mainstreaming is an attempt to get the majority of the people to accept you. It has nothing to do with their "truth. Remember, the majority of the people of the world thought the Earth was flat. The human collective can be wrong!

6. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    To me, part of what defines a Cult is to continue in a Belief or Faith that You Know to be wrong, and encouraging Others to do the same.
    From my Individual perspective, God does not need any of us trying to package ans sell the concept of Him. We each have our own Modem (Individual Conscience). :lol: My job, as your Brother, is to remind you of that. Anything between you and Him, is between you and Him. ;)

7. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429

Signs ot the times.