*When Drivers Of Big Rigs Use Thier Trucks As Lethal Weapons: Fair Game?*

*Are Big Rigs Lethal Weapons: And Should I Be Able To Defend Myself With Firearm ?*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry bout that,

Hmmmm - no. I think you've lost the debate, SJofT.

1. Oh really based on what?
2. You just look at the small reality of this, stay out of truckers ways, and everythings okekiefokie.
3. Thats the case, most of the time, but in your limited world, you can't get past the fact that there are some *evil truckers* on the road, doing *murder* with *Semi Rigs*.
4. Check back with me when you can grasp this, and *checkmate* on you to Granny!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

2. You just look at the small reality of this, stay out of truckers ways, and everythings okekiefokie.
3. Thats the case, most of the time, but in your limited world, you can't get past the fact that there are some *evil truckers* on the road, doing *murder* with *Semi Rigs*.
4. Check back with me when you can grasp this, and *checkmate* on you to Granny!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

C'mon, man. You just don't like truckers, you're afraid of big rigs and you like to argue false statements too much. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with a trucker but you need to get over it and move on.

The reality should be that all drivers should drive safely no matter what they're driving. The reality is that too many drivers don't drive safely, never use their mirrors - they just have tunnel vision, they're willing to take risks to get around any obstacle that stands in the way of their progress. My reality is that defensive driving and common courtesy toward other drivers go a long way toward safer roads.

I completely realize that there are bad truckers - no question about it - but I also think they are in the minority. It's up to every driver to access the situation they're in and try to avoid making the situation worse. Accidents happen sometimes. Truckers do not get on the road with intent to murder anybody. However, you're proposed "self-defense" of pulling the trigger of a loaded gun to shoot the trucker is not only stupid, but if you actually hit and killed the trucker, it would be you who acted with intent to kill.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

C'mon, man. You just don't like truckers, you're afraid of big rigs and you like to argue false statements too much. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with a trucker but you need to get over it and move on.

The reality should be that all drivers should drive safely no matter what they're driving. The reality is that too many drivers don't drive safely, never use their mirrors - they just have tunnel vision, they're willing to take risks to get around any obstacle that stands in the way of their progress. My reality is that defensive driving and common courtesy toward other drivers go a long way toward safer roads.

I completely realize that there are bad truckers - no question about it - but I also think they are in the minority. It's up to every driver to access the situation they're in and try to avoid making the situation worse. Accidents happen sometimes. Truckers do not get on the road with intent to murder anybody. However, you're proposed "self-defense" of pulling the trigger of a loaded gun to shoot the trucker is not only stupid, but if you actually hit and killed the trucker, it would be you who acted with intent to kill.

1. I'm in fear, and I denie that 'I don't like truckers", I know and have known lots of truckers, and have been friend with them, and my cousins a trucker, *fuel*.????
2. *FEAR*??? I have driven and have no problem with the heavey traffic in Manila.
3. I don't think I have much fear at all behind a wheel or otherwise.
4. But, I suppose I have fear somewhere, but I just haven't found what it is yet? * I will let you know when I find out!
5. To you there's no real problem here, its all fine, just stay in your lane, and everything will work out as planned.
6. So then you say, "I realize" there are *bad truckers*, and there's "no question about it", now we are getting somewhere, then quickly switch to "its all good, truckers, ie even *bad truckers* have to decide what to do when trouble arises, like its all within the mind of *all* truckers, to solve this problem, which its not.
7. *Evil truckers* need to be dealt with, not pacified, they need to be identified and taken off the road, revoke them any right to drive anything but a bicycle.
8. Its really the only way to solve this and be fair at the same time.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The reality should be that ALL drivers should drive safely no matter what they're driving. The reality is that too many drivers don't drive safely, never use their mirrors - they just have tunnel vision, they're willing to take risks to get around any obstacle that stands in the way of their progress. My reality is that defensive driving and common courtesy toward other drivers go a long way toward safer roads.

I completely realize that there are bad truckers - no question about it - but I also think they are in the minority. It's up to EVERY driver to access the situation they're in and try to avoid making the situation worse. Accidents happen sometimes. Truckers do not get on the road with intent to murder anybody. However, you're proposed "self-defense" of pulling the trigger of a loaded gun to shoot the trucker is not only stupid, but if you actually hit and killed the trucker, it would be you who acted with intent to kill.

1. I'm in fear, and I denie that 'I don't like truckers", I know and have known lots of truckers, and have been friend with them, and my cousins a trucker, *fuel*.????

So was my now retired cousin.

2. *FEAR*??? I have driven and have no problem with the heavey traffic in Manila.

I'm glad you have no problems driving in Manila. How do you fare with driving in, say, Houston or Dallas?

3. I don't think I have much fear at all behind a wheel or otherwise.
4. But, I suppose I have fear somewhere, but I just haven't found what it is yet? * I will let you know when I find out!

Maybe you just have a serious case of road rage.

5. To you there's no real problem here, its all fine, just stay in your lane, and everything will work out as planned.

6. So then you say, "I realize" there are *bad truckers*, and there's "no question about it", now we are getting somewhere, then quickly switch to "its all good, truckers, ie even *bad truckers* have to decide what to do when trouble arises, like its all within the mind of *all* truckers, to solve this problem, which its not.

See above - I said "all drivers" not just truck drivers.

7. *Evil truckers* need to be dealt with, not pacified, they need to be identified and taken off the road, revoke them any right to drive anything but a bicycle.

That happens.

8. Its really the only way to solve this and be fair at the same time.:evil:

I notice you didn't comment on your idea of dealing with truckers. Why not?

How about we do this: every trucker, without exception, should simultaneously park their rigs 24/7 for about 3-4 days and there are NO trucks delivering anything whatsoever on any road, anywhere. Damn, drivers would be so much safer not having to deal with the bastards ... just blissfully rolling along. Hell, man, you could throw your gun in the glove compartment - no need to use it for those 3-4 days.

Maybe some trucker responding to this thread could tell you what would really happen.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I drive in Dallas all the time.
2. When I need something there, which is often enough.
3. Granny ol gal, I do appreciate your efforts in this thread you're a heck of an ol gal, but this thread isn't about how *ALL* drivers need improvement.
4. I started this thread to show that some, *evil truckers* do stuff to harm and even kill other innocent drivers.
5. Now sure, you think that its a problem you can easyly blanket over everyone, I don't agree, in my opinion, there is a section of truckers who really drive aggresively, and they dont care if you get ran over and killed or not.
6. Day in Day out, innocent people get killed by *evil truckers*, when they dont have to be let loose on our roadways.
7. Like I said, its way too important to not do something, and computers and cameras has to be a first step.
8. It should be made, *LAW*.
9. To require *ALL* data of what happens should be relayed back to a centralized police force, that monitors this, which could be funded by the insurance companies.
10. Public safty should be everyone concern.
11. Now if a law is passed that allows people like myslef to open fire on truckers, for aggresive driving, I would be for it, it would keep the *evil truckers* inline, which would benefit all the innocent car drivers.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
3. Granny ol gal, I do appreciate your efforts in this thread you're a heck of an ol gal, but this thread isn't about how *ALL* drivers need improvement.

Oh, my!!! Are you saying the ol' gal has still got it? I love when men still say that to me ... feeds my elder-ego.

I know the purpose of your thread. But I'm still right to say that highway safety is the responsibility of ALL people who use the highways. A lot of trucks are already monitored ... they've got that little thingy somewhere on their truck that reads their stats so they can by-pass weigh stations, they have governors to regulate speed, the have GPS stuff and dispatchers have full electronic access to every move their drivers make.

You can do anything you want in an effort to promote more and more safety - and there's still going to always be some dumb-ass out there who thinks he can out-wit, out-drive, out-maneuver - and get away with it every time. There is no such thing as a perfect world, babe.

Sorry bout that,

4. I started this thread to show that some, *evil truckers* do stuff to harm and even kill other innocent drivers.
5. Now sure, you think that its a problem you can easyly blanket over everyone, I don't agree, in my opinion, there is a section of truckers who really drive aggresively, and they dont care if you get ran over and killed or not.
6. Day in Day out, innocent people get killed by *evil truckers*, when they dont have to be let loose on our roadways.
7. Like I said, its way too important to not do something, and computers and cameras has to be a first step.
9. To require *ALL* data of what happens should be relayed back to a centralized police force, that monitors this, which could be funded by the insurance companies.
11. Now if a law is passed that allows people like myslef to open fire on truckers, for aggresive driving, I would be for it, it would keep the *evil truckers* inline, which would benefit all the innocent car drivers.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Problem is more all the amateur drivers out there who have a tenth of the training, supervision, oversight and responsibility.

You ever get yearly certifications for the Smith System? How often a year are your skills evaluated? Do you drive with a cell phone in your ear? Texting? Do you have to get an annual or bi-annual physical to make sure you're physically fit enough and capable enough to drive a car? You willing to get a DUI for a 0.02 BAC like a professional? Willing to lose your license for a year for speeding like a pro? Willing to be subjected at every accident, even if it's a paint scrape with the loss of your job because you should 'know better' on how to take a turn?

If not, you're an amateur and much more likely to be the cause of the problem, than it's solution.

Last edited:
You think killing the driver of a truck at 80k lbs going down the highway at 70mph in an urban area with a chemically hazardous highway is a smart thing?

Innocent car drivers my fat ass. You need to get off my bus now.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

You think killing the driver of a truck at 80k lbs going down the highway at 70mph in an urban area with a chemically hazardous highway is a smart thing?

You need to get off my bus now.

1. *YUP*.
2. If it's me or him, I choose him.
3. Whatever happens after that its on the owner of the truck.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

You need to get off my bus now.

1. *YUP*.
2. If it's me or him, I choose him.
3. Whatever happens after that its on the owner of the truck.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
May you attempt this solution and be hit by the same truck then. Solves both problems instantly because neither of you will survive.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Problem is more all the amateur drivers out there who have a tenth of the training, supervision, oversight and responsibility.

You ever get yearly certifications for the Smith System? How often a year are your skills evaluated? Do you drive with a cell phone in your ear? Texting? Do you have to get an annual or bi-annual physical to make sure you're physically fit enough and capable enough to drive a car? You willing to get a DUI for a 0.02 BAC like a professional? Willing to lose your license for a year for speeding like a pro? Willing to be subjected at every accident, even if it's a paint scrape with the loss of your job because you should 'know better' on how to take a turn?

If not, you're an amateur and much more likely to be the cause of the problem, than it's solution.

Actually, I never get yearly certifications for anything - Smith System or otherwise.

I think most trucking companies have mandatory safety meetings more than once a year. "Young and unexperienced" is a universal thing no matter what job you have - you have to start learning sometime - trick is retaining what you've learned so that you become more experienced with the passage of time. I do believe truckers, by law, have to have at least one physical exam a year to determine whether they are healthy enough to drive. There are also those random drug and alcohol tests if you work for a company. Companies don't want that kind of liability hanging over their heads.

Give it up, darlin' ... it's an imperfect world with imperfect people and that's just life - not a damned thing any of us can do to make everything 100% perfect 100% of the time.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Actually, I never get yearly certifications for anything - Smith System or otherwise.

I think most trucking companies have mandatory safety meetings more than once a year. "Young and unexperienced" is a universal thing no matter what job you have - you have to start learning sometime - trick is retaining what you've learned so that you become more experienced with the passage of time. I do believe truckers, by law, have to have at least one physical exam a year to determine whether they are healthy enough to drive. There are also those random drug and alcohol tests if you work for a company. Companies don't want that kind of liability hanging over their heads.

Give it up, darlin' ... it's an imperfect world with imperfect people and that's just life - not a damned thing any of us can do to make everything 100% perfect 100% of the time.
Monthly safety meetings and training here. DOT physicals are Biannual unless you are discovered to have Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, heart irregularities, Sleep Apnea or another chronic medical condition. Then it's yearly.

Last edited:
I would think the worst of the worst drivers are pretty much off the road sincTruck driver in fatal crash chargede CDLs came about.

A car is just as much a lethal weapon as a big rig - and people driving cars are far more threatening to others on the road.

What's that saying? - "If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch."

Unfortunately, this happened just yesterday.

Truck driver in fatal crash charged

ST. FRANCOIS COUNTY -- The driver of a tractor-trailer truck involved in a crash that killed three people Thursday on U.S. Highway 67 has been charged with three counts of second-degree involuntary manslaughter, according to court filings.

Robert Carmona, 37, of New York City, was charged Friday in St. Francois County Circuit Court. He also is charged with driving while his license is revoked. Carmona's license was suspended because he stole motor fuel, according to court filings.

Carmona was driving southbound on the highway near Bonne Terre when his truck slammed into the back of a car in front of him, sending both vehicles off the roadway, the Missouri Highway Patrol said.

The driver of the car, Frank Weber, 56, of DeSoto, and two passengers, Aaron Weber, 20, and Rachel Sharp, 18, both of Bonne Terre, died in the crash.

Sorry bout that,

I would think the worst of the worst drivers are pretty much off the road sincTruck driver in fatal crash chargede CDLs came about.

A car is just as much a lethal weapon as a big rig - and people driving cars are far more threatening to others on the road.

What's that saying? - "If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch."

ST. FRANCOIS COUNTY -- The driver of a tractor-trailer truck involved in a crash that killed three people Thursday on U.S. Highway 67 has been charged with three counts of second-degree involuntary manslaughter, according to court filings.

Robert Carmona, 37, of New York City, was charged Friday in St. Francois County Circuit Court. He also is charged with driving while his license is revoked. Carmona's license was suspended because he stole motor fuel, according to court filings.

Carmona was driving southbound on the highway near Bonne Terre when his truck slammed into the back of a car in front of him, sending both vehicles off the roadway, the Missouri Highway Patrol said.

The driver of the car, Frank Weber, 56, of DeSoto, and two passengers, Aaron Weber, 20, and Rachel Sharp, 18, both of Bonne Terre, died in the crash.

1, See now?
2. This is happening all across America.
3. Never doubt me.
4. Do a goggle search if you think I lie!:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1, See now?
3. Never doubt me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I've never denied that accidents happen, I've never denied that some truckers should be pulled off the road and/or lose their license. What I'm getting out of all this discourse is that someone wants me to admit that 100% of all the truckers on the road are careless and reckless shit heads bent on murdering everybody else on the highway - and that's not going to happen because it's not true.

As for JScott - (1) be more careful when you edit - don't put words in my mouth;

(2) I stand by what I said - lethal is lethal - I don't care whether you're hit by a big rig, a car, or a bicycle - dead is dead. Cars are essentially more dangerous than trucks because they can reach higher speeds faster and are more easily maneuverable - they can zip in and out of lanes quicker. Way more cars are on the roads than there are trucks and way too many people driving those cars have blistering road rage, think they are invincible, and take way more risks than truckers can take, if for no other reason than the size and weight of the big rigs.

(3) We, as consumers, need those trucks running 24/7 or we would find ourselves shit out of luck when it came time to purchase or we needed something. I can't think of one single thing that isn't hauled somewhere sometime by a trucker. So, if you can't run with the big dogs (if you're scared of or hate the big rigs) stay on the porch (stay at home or take the back roads scenic route to get where you're going).

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1, See now?
3. Never doubt me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I've never denied that accidents happen, I've never denied that some truckers should be pulled off the road and/or lose their license. What I'm getting out of all this discourse is that someone wants me to admit that 100% of all the truckers on the road are careless and reckless shit heads bent on murdering everybody else on the highway - and that's not going to happen because it's not true.

As for JScott - (1) be more careful when you edit - don't put words in my mouth;

(2) I stand by what I said - lethal is lethal - I don't care whether you're hit by a big rig, a car, or a bicycle - dead is dead. Cars are essentially more dangerous than trucks because they can reach higher speeds faster and are more easily maneuverable - they can zip in and out of lanes quicker. Way more cars are on the roads than there are trucks and way too many people driving those cars have blistering road rage, think they are invincible, and take way more risks than truckers can take, if for no other reason than the size and weight of the big rigs.

(3) We, as consumers, need those trucks running 24/7 or we would find ourselves shit out of luck when it came time to purchase or we needed something. I can't think of one single thing that isn't hauled somewhere sometime by a trucker. So, if you can't run with the big dogs (if you're scared of or hate the big rigs) stay on the porch (stay at home or take the back roads scenic route to get where you're going).

1. Granny, Granny, Granny,...what am I going to do with you ol gal?! :eek:
2. Looks like I'm going to have to cut back your coffee intake again! :lol:
3. Okay, lets cut this up so its more chewable.
4. You said I wanted to blame *ALL* truckers, which is you trying to make a claim that I made, which we *ALL* know is not what I've been saying all through this thread.
5. From post one or whatever, I said that there are, *Professional Drivers*, who are not the problem, search that out and then you will stand corrected, thank me laters too.
6. Now lets look at the root of the problem why you hear one thing and I am actually saying the opposite of what you're hearing, one common reason for this is, you're a liberal, are you a liberal sweets, by chance?
7. How you answer this will determine if you are a liberal.
8. Also, some *evil truckers* are not just careless, they are *evil* and have no business behind the wheel of a *big rig*, thats a undisputable fact Granny!
9. Your point about how car drivers can road rage more often, swing in and out of lanes, tailgate, which you left out, overall rude driving, is a way to spread monkey shit on everyone, and try to delute my topic on hand, which don't think its not being noticed.
10. Then you go on to make this *evil* as a *nessasary evil*, like what we have in politics or something to that effect, or talking to dictators, I don't really want to go there, I want to use common sense in getting at the root of the problem with either putting safe guards in every truck in America, as well as if they either are coming from, Mexican~Canadian, which uplink to satilites, that have computer monitors both piped into the companies that own these trucks on the road, and the local police where ever thier truck is within the USA borders, who would be alerted when the *evil truckers* start doing thier *evil* work.
11. Then you go back to the porch anology, :evil: which I find has no bearing on how to deal with *evil truckers* at all, your way to fix the problem is for me to stop driving, humm,..is that how you always fix problems, this is everyone's problem, are we all just to stop driving, so the trucks can get our things which we need, to the stores so we can walk to the stores and get what they are trucking?
12. Maybe thats a fix to you, perhaps you are home bound now, and thats your reality anyways, people bring you what you need, maybe thats it, I'm not sure, but most Americans need to drive, we are a nation of car lovers, I have many, and I love driving, but I don't like the idea that *evil truckers* can kill me on our freeways, and get away with it, its minds like mine that are able to notice an injustice, and figure out, that something needs to be done because of the simple injustice of it.
13. Not *ALL* minds think alike, there sweets.:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Shooting the driver of a semi as it rolls down the road because it's perceived as a threat? Yeah, that seems like a good idea.

Now you can get prosecuted for more than one murder: The driver and then any other motorist/person who the now un-manned semi plows into. I am not a lawyer, but maybe the lawyers can help me out: would that be felony murder?

I know the OP is stupid, but this is a new high water mark of stupidity.

Sorry bout that,

Shooting the driver of a semi as it rolls down the road because it's perceived as a threat? Yeah, that seems like a good idea.

Now you can get prosecuted for more than one murder: The driver and then any other motorist/person who the now un-manned semi plows into. I am not a lawyer, but maybe the lawyers can help me out: would that be felony murder?

I know the OP is stupid, but this is a new high water mark of stupidity.

1. I can't get one person to come up with a better idea.
2. Or agree with my measure of satilite onboard camera monitoring.
3. Just people coming in here and *spreading thier monkey shit*, then signing off, then signing back in.
4. At least Granny knows this might be a major issue,but in reality, she's with you guys, but *you people* are'nt like *CWN*, I'm cut from a whole nother cloth..
5. While others couldn't see a problem, even if it was forcing them off the road.:evil:
6. The road is a equal opportunity place of hard knocks, if I am to suffer for nothing I've done wrong, by an *evil trucker* then why is it I can't turn the tables on him, just because he is basically driving a house down the road?
7. I think thats a turn coats way out, I think I should have the right to defend myself agianst a threat wherever it may happen, whether in my house with my family, which I own my house, or in my car with my family, which I own my car too.
8. My property, and my life, and my families lives are in my hands, and its my duty to protect them, whatever the threat whenever the threat and from whatever the threat, be it a *big rig* or anything else.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back