*When Drivers Of Big Rigs Use Thier Trucks As Lethal Weapons: Fair Game?*

*Are Big Rigs Lethal Weapons: And Should I Be Able To Defend Myself With Firearm ?*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry bout that,

1. Now where was I?
2. Truckers have an advantage, and if they knew that some drivers had the *equalizer* a gun, then they would automatically give people in cars the respect they deserve.
3. I'm talking families with several children, single girls, men, just all sorts of drivers get killed because of *the bad truckers*.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why apply your logic to just truckers? Seems to me if you're going to suggest something as stupid as gunning down a trucker, you should let it apply to everybody. What about that guy that cuts you off when he passes you? Or crowds you in your lane? Shit, let's shoot everybody.

They tried that in the LA basin about 10 years ago...just a fad.

Sorry bout that,

sorry bout that,

1. I see no one here's got a clue as to what I'm taking about.
2. A big rig, is a lethal weapon.:evil:
3. Most people are just too stupid to know this.:evil:
4. The video I posted was just an example, the rig driver had no reason to ride up on that guys ass end.
5. He was trying to intemidate the driver of the car.
6. Which I'm sure it worked.
7. What this trucker was doing should be illegal, and people with the right to carry, should be able to legally open fire on these truckers doing this.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
OK ass hole. I ride a motorcycle and for me, the most dangerous thing is a car driver distracted by texting or talking on a cell while driving. Come on down to South Florida and hunt for truckers to shoot but I'd better not catch you on your cell

1. Oh boy!, we gotta another *bikerfag* here, where did you come from faggot??!!!
2. Look you come in here to my thread spouting crap, and its crap you are going to get moron!
3. Now you are invited to, *step off*.
4. If you have a problem with people texting while driving cars, wouldn't you also have the same problem with truckers doing the same?
5. You do know they have cell phones and laptops right *faggot*?:lol:
6. I never said I wanted to come to Florida and hunt for *evil truckers*, I have already ran into two here, why would I want to drive way the hell over there and shoot at *evil truckers*?
7. Damn you're dumb as shit.
8. Now *step off* fag!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Flashing your sexuality issues at us, Jimmy?

Christ onna cracker, Jimmy, get a fucking grip. Shooting at traffic? Are you nuts?

BTW, anyone who has this much trouble with truckers can't drive for shit. Even I dun have this problem, and I can't back out of a garage.

WTF ever happened to defensive driving?

Sorry bout that,

sorry bout that,

4. The video I posted was just an example, the rig driver had no reason to ride up on that guys ass end.
7. What this trucker was doing should be illegal, and people with the right to carry, should be able to legally open fire on these truckers doing this.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
OK ass hole. I ride a motorcycle and for me, the most dangerous thing is a car driver distracted by texting or talking on a cell while driving. Come on down to South Florida and hunt for truckers to shoot but I'd better not catch you on your cell

1. Oh boy!, we gotta another *bikerfag* here, where did you come from faggot??!!!
2. Look you come in here to my thread spouting crap, and its crap you are going to get moron!
3. Now you are invited to, *step off*.
4. If you have a problem with people texting while driving cars, wouldn't you also have the same problem with truckers doing the same?
5. You do know they have cell phones and laptops right *faggot*?:lol:
6. I never said I wanted to come to Florida and hunt for *evil truckers*, I have already ran into two here, why would I want to drive way the hell over there and shoot at *evil truckers*?
7. Damn you're dumb as shit.
8. Now *step off* fag!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I called you an ass hole because you are. Sorry about that.

Sorry bout that,

sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

There are plenty of examples of truckers road rage, but there are just as many excellent truck drivers out there.
I have had a few run ins with asshole truckers, but most of them are proffessionls who just want to do their job and not get hassled by 4wheelers (cars).

I have listened to my CB many times and you can hear these guys complaining about the terrible drivers out there that do just as much to cause problems as the truckers do, if not worse. One of my best friends is a trucker and he has told me many ugly stories....

Me myself... I give them all the road they want.

1. This thread isn't about, *excellent truckers out there*, its about *the bad ones*, who want to bully the small vehicles.
2. You trying to defend *ALL* truckers is a hoot, this isn't about them, now, lets talk about *the bad ones*, and whats fair in dealing with *the bad ones*..
3, There's no doubt that there are a larger part of four wheelers, *cars drivers* who are really bad, if we were to compare the skills between the two, but we ain't doing that now are we? :confused:
4. I am sure your buddies ugly stories involve him running some nice family off the road, because they were perhaps in the fast lane, and he wanted to pass them or something to that effect.
5. So he just ate up thier lane till they had to go off the road, don't tell me they don't do this everyday.
6. I know that they do, all across America.
7. A car can't compete with a big rig, there's just to big of a differance in size, weight.
8. And truckers know this, and use this as a way to intimidate.
9. But if they knew that if those people who had a concealed weapon would and could legally open up fire on thier asses, then they would back the hell off us car driving people.
10. I see it as an equalizer.:clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I can see the root of the problem here is not the truckers, its your attitude toward truckers. Walk into a bar with a chip on your shoulder and exactly the same thing will happen. If you drive the highway acting belligerent toward trucks trying to prove your not afraid just because they are bigger than you then don't be surprised if they get right back in your face. Sure trucks are big and intimidating but you can easily get along. Stay out of the passing lane if you are not passing anybody. Slow down if a truck is trying to pass you. Move over when a rig is entering the highway. Show some courtesy and respect the fact that a driver is trying to earn a living and is always pressed for time, and you wont have any more problems. Whatever you do don't start shooting, many drivers carry guns and wont hesitate to shoot back.

Sorry bout that,

Christ onna cracker, Jimmy, get a fucking grip. Shooting at traffic? Are you nuts?

BTW, anyone who has this much trouble with truckers can't drive for shit. Even I dun have this problem, and I can't back out of a garage.

1. I never said I shot or would shoot at anyone, this is a debate to decern if its a viable thing to be able to do if nessary, in cases where a *evil trucker* was using his truck to try to kill you.
2. To most people here, if a trucker tries to run you off they road, thats fine, its okay, they understand, its the stress factor of being a truck.
3. Yeah, like when they find themselves flying off a cliff, down some canyon, then tell me about it then.
4. You also don't know what truble I have had with truckers now do you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Now where was I?
2. Truckers have an advantage, and if they knew that some drivers had the *equalizer* a gun, then they would automatically give people in cars the respect they deserve.
3. I'm talking families with several children, single girls, men, just all sorts of drivers get killed because of *the bad truckers*.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sounds to me like you've already gotten the respect you deserve, and now you're pissing and whining about it.

You gonna get around to telling us all your sad, sad story of abuse by truckers that led us to this sniveling diatribe?

1. Hahaha,...my deserved respect is what I am fighting for in this thread, if I have no right to the road, little lady, then you don't either.
2. I'm not a whiner, I am kicking ass and taking names!!!, *evil truckers* are on notice, and just the fact that I'm making this thread will get laws passed, I'm highly respected for my great legal mind, and laws will follow little girl. :evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well, if you're doing this thread to get the respect you deserve, I'd say you're getting exactly that. You have a right to the road. What you don't have a right to is to be treated like a precious princess while you're out there. And the longer you pussyache at us without explaining what heinous crime prompted this thread, the more firmly I believe that you went out, fucked up royally behind the wheel, got your ass spanked for it, and are now trying vainly to reclaim some vestige of manliness.

You are not "kicking ass and taking names". You're kvetching on an Internet message board. I sincerely doubt the truckers of America are shaking in their sleeper cabs. And if you really think anyone is going to pass a law to allow you to vent your impotent road rage by firing weapons at other vehicles, you are delusional beyond what should be allowed out without a keeper.

And yeah, I'm sure your legal mind is the wonder of the inpatient day room.

Sorry bout that,

There are plenty of examples of truckers road rage, but there are just as many excellent truck drivers out there.
I have had a few run ins with asshole truckers, but most of them are proffessionls who just want to do their job and not get hassled by 4wheelers (cars).

I have listened to my CB many times and you can hear these guys complaining about the terrible drivers out there that do just as much to cause problems as the truckers do, if not worse. One of my best friends is a trucker and he has told me many ugly stories....

1. This thread isn't about, *excellent truckers out there*, its about *the bad ones*, who want to bully the small vehicles.
2. You trying to defend *ALL* truckers is a hoot, this isn't about them, now, lets talk about *the bad ones*, and whats fair in dealing with *the bad ones*..
3, There's no doubt that there are a larger part of four wheelers, *cars drivers* who are really bad, if we were to compare the skills between the two, but we ain't doing that now are we? :confused:
4. I am sure your buddies ugly stories involve him running some nice family off the road, because they were perhaps in the fast lane, and he wanted to pass them or something to that effect.
5. So he just ate up thier lane till they had to go off the road, don't tell me they don't do this everyday.
7. A car can't compete with a big rig, there's just to big of a differance in size, weight.
9. But if they knew that if those people who had a concealed weapon would and could legally open up fire on thier asses, then they would back the hell off us car driving people.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I can see the root of the problem here is not the truckers, its your attitude toward truckers. Walk into a bar with a chip on your shoulder and exactly the same thing will happen. If you drive the highway acting belligerent toward trucks trying to prove your not afraid just because they are bigger than you then don't be surprised if they get right back in your face. Sure trucks are big and intimidating but you can easily get along. Stay out of the passing lane if you are not passing anybody. Slow down if a truck is trying to pass you. Move over when a rig is entering the highway. Show some courtesy and respect the fact that a driver is trying to earn a living and is always pressed for time, and you wont have any more problems. Whatever you do don't start shooting, many drivers carry guns and wont hesitate to shoot back.

It's also a good idea to respect the fact that that intimidating size means the truck driver has a lot fewer options if something goes wrong on the road than you do. That rig maneuvers like a beached whale, it takes a football-field-length to stop, and the driver cannot stomp on the brake, because all that would accomplish would be to jackknife the truck and take out even more four-wheelers. If a trucker is being aggressive toward you, it's most likely because you just did something stupid that scared the piss out of him.

Sorry bout that,

1. The main problem here is *you people* can't see *the big picture*.
2. Thats why *i'm here*.
3. If a mad man comes running at you with a bat, what do you do? you just shoot him down, you feel a threat, so you have to remove it, you have to pop a cap up in his ass.
4. But when you see a trucker trying to kill you by running you off the road, its okay, just go and crash and die.
5. Do you people not see the insanity of this?:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Cecille1200, have you done some bad things on the open road you want to admit?
2. Thirty one years is a long time to be innocent of what I'm describing.
3. Be honest.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
From the perspective of a professional driver...

I can't see the video, but from the comments I'm fairly certain that this trucker did some stupid things, and being that he is a PROFESSIONAL, he should know better than to do them. If he has an employer, it'll burn his ass sooner rather than later and then someone will be dead, and he can be convicted of manslaughter among other things.

That being said, you amateurs... and yes I do mean AMATEURS who do not get paid to drive 80k lbs of cargo or carry in your hands the lives of up to 70 people, sitting and standing in vehicles that have 4 times the stopping distance needs are morons. Today alone, I was cut off by drivers in cars about 20 times. Not exaggerating, just stating fact. Why? Because I was going 'too slow' and impeding their violation of speed limits. Now why was I going so slow? Because nitwit Amateur drivers kept cutting me off to where I had to gain my protective space cushion to keep from KILLING THEM IF THEY STOPPED SUDDENLY!

I mean come the fuck on! Trucks and Buses ARE lethal weapons. More than you ever believed! That dumptruck that weighs 50k thanks to the load of stone it is hauling can blow through your smart car and Toyota 'Self Righteous' like it was paper. You won't survive the impact. But yet, you seem to think that we can see and sense you at all times while you hide in our blind spots and cut us off with less than 4 feet to spare, almost taking my bumper with you as you hurry down the road to be caught at the same stoplight I arrive at 30 seconds later at a safe speed. These vehicles are like Rhinos. They have bad vision except for what's right in front of them and cannot turn or stop on a dime when at speed and if they hit something, that something is usually crushed without even coming close to offering serious resistance to the truck or bus.

If you can't see both headlights of the truck you just passed in your rear view mirror, DON'T MERGE IN FRONT OF THEM!!! Wait till you can. The truck cannot out accelerate or maneuver you. Get out of it's way. They're trained (supposedly) to give up the right of way to compensate for your error, but even they are not perfect, nor sometimes obeying their training, and you will be the one to suffer loss of life and limb, not them. Treat these beastly vehicles as the hazard and benefit they really are and try not to make them do stuff they cannot, and these professionals will do their best to make life easier on you.

I know that's what I, and my fellow brothers of the Fraternal Order of Curmudgeonly Bus Drivers do.

Sorry for the rant, but blaming it all on the professional driver (video not withstanding cause even truckers do stupid shit at times) pisses me off. We've enough people giving us the hairy eyeball.

Of course, the truckers should then defend themselves. A skilled driver hauling 50k lbs with a 59' trailer could snap a Lincoln continental off the highway with his off tracking whiplash like you snapping a crumpled straw wrapper off the table with a flick of your finger.

I knew the guy who developed a high impact bumper for Pierce Manufacturing, who makes firetrucks. He framed the news article where a full toyota ran a red light and was cut in two by a fire truck racing to a fire with his bumper. The fire truck was undamaged except for scuffs and a dent or two. All 4 in the Toyota were killed instantly.

Sorry bout that,

1. Granny, Granny,....can I call you Granny?:confused:
2. So you say you don't try to make problems with truckers eh?
3. Well that sounds like a resonable thing to do, like most people would do as much, that is not making problems.
4. But what if you didn't make the problem?
5. What if you just happened to be a unhappy victim, just tooling along down the freeway, minding your own business, then wham some *evil trucker* comes up on you and it appears he's trying to run you off the road, for no apparent reason?
6. You think that its possible people driving cars could be innocent of a *evil trucker*?
7. And if so what if it was you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. By all means you can call me Granny.

2., 3., & 4. I do try not to make problems and I try to avoid anyone else's problems. I keep a healthy distance between me and vehicles in front of me - do shit heads pop into the space? Yes. I lift my foot off the accelerator, lose about 2 or 3 seconds of my precious time backing down to create space between me and the shit head - who, by the way, keeps on moving ahead popping into any space he sees ahead of him in either lane. I keep my distance between rigs and me - if I can't see both his mirrors then I'm too close to him. When passing I make sure there's plenty of room for me to change lanes in front of him and signal that changing lanes is my intent. I try to anticipate to the extent possible. Easier to work with the truckers than work against them.

5. I have had truckers get right up on my ass so I can't see anything but the grill on the truck. I won't let them force me to exceed a safe speed or go too far over the speed limit. They get tired of it and pass. Does it scare the crap out of me? Yes. But I haven't had that kind of experience in years. They have way too much to loose by deliberately hitting a vehicle.

6. & 7. Accidents happen. I'd like to never be in an accident but what am I going to do if it does happen?

Advice: Stop being afraid of the drivers and the big rigs. They can probably "read" your fear by the way you're driving. Worry about your own driving and driving defensively.

Sorry bout that,

sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I can't see the video, but from the comments I'm fairly certain that this trucker did some stupid things, and being that he is a PROFESSIONAL, he should know better than to do them. If he has an employer, it'll burn his ass sooner rather than later and then someone will be dead, and he can be convicted of manslaughter among other things.

That being said, you amateurs... and yes I do mean AMATEURS who do not get paid to drive 80k lbs of cargo or carry in your hands the lives of up to 70 people, sitting and standing in vehicles that have 4 times the stopping distance needs are morons. Today alone, I was cut off by drivers in cars about 20 times. Not exaggerating, just stating fact. Why? Because I was going 'too slow' and impeding their violation of speed limits. Now why was I going so slow? Because nitwit Amateur drivers kept cutting me off to where I had to gain my protective space cushion to keep from KILLING THEM IF THEY STOPPED SUDDENLY!

I mean come the fuck on! Trucks and Buses ARE lethal weapons. More than you ever believed! That dumptruck that weighs 50k thanks to the load of stone it is hauling can blow through your smart car and Toyota 'Self Righteous' like it was paper. You won't survive the impact. But yet, you seem to think that we can see and sense you at all times while you hide in our blind spots and cut us off with less than 4 feet to spare, almost taking my bumper with you as you hurry down the road to be caught at the same stoplight I arrive at 30 seconds later at a safe speed. These vehicles are like Rhinos. They have bad vision except for what's right in front of them and cannot turn or stop on a dime when at speed and if they hit something, that something is usually crushed without even coming close to offering serious resistance to the truck or bus.

If you can't see both headlights of the truck you just passed in your rear view mirror, DON'T MERGE IN FRONT OF THEM!!! Wait till you can. The truck cannot out accelerate or maneuver you. Get out of it's way. They're trained (supposedly) to give up the right of way to compensate for your error, but even they are not perfect, nor sometimes obeying their training, and you will be the one to suffer loss of life and limb, not them. Treat these beastly vehicles as the hazard and benefit they really are and try not to make them do stuff they cannot, and these professionals will do their best to make life easier on you.

I know that's what I, and my fellow brothers of the Fraternal Order of Curmudgeonly Bus Drivers do.

Sorry for the rant, but blaming it all on the professional driver (video not withstanding cause even truckers do stupid shit at times) pisses me off. We've enough people giving us the hairy eyeball.

1. Well this guys got a clue, and I think he is aware, I'm not railing on the *Pro Drivers* I'm railing on those who shouldn't be behind a wheel of a semi, and in my calulations, I would say, 9% of all truckers should be banned permantly from driving even a car, much less a Semi Rig.
2. I think that *ALL* Semi Rigs should have constant video rolling while they roll, anytime they are gear jamming, tapes a rolling on down the line.
3. I also believe that there should be a computer program running at the same time that can detect when the driver, is going, *evil trucker* on the public.
4. And I don't think even now that if the person under attack by a *evil trucker* shouldn't be able to lock and load on any *evil trucker* doing something evil.
5. Sure I've taken some heat on this thread, some have made some pretty good arguements, mostly trying to make points about my sanity, but this trucker seems to know whats at stake, and I give him *Props* for posting.
6. And he's right, you should be able to see the front end of the Semi Rig before you cut in infront of him, its just driving as you are *sharing the road* not *owning the whole road*, I am a professional driver, having driven in many countries throughout the world, Israel, Philippines USA ofcourse, Philippines is the hardest place to drive, everyone tends to zig zag, you just got to learn to adapt, which is no problemo.
7. If these cameras were linked online so the head quarters could be alerted by the onboard computer, they could then watch whats going on *in real time*, those cameras facing both front and back of thier Semi Rigs, and both sides too.
8. This would itself prevent a bunch of useless killings on the roadways.
9. Most people are just too freaking stupid to understand all of this.:evil:
10. Thats why I'm here!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

My old trucking company had posters in its terminals of this car that tried to pass a truck on the shoulder (!), and the truck literally SMEARED the car along the guardrail. They say the driver didn't even realize the car was there until the frame bound up his tires, because it had been in his blind spot. I used to just stand and marvel at the stupidity of the - late - car driver.

Sorry bout that,

sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

My old trucking company had posters in its terminals of this car that tried to pass a truck on the shoulder (!), and the truck literally SMEARED the car along the guardrail. They say the driver didn't even realize the car was there until the frame bound up his tires, because it had been in his blind spot. I used to just stand and marvel at the stupidity of the - late - car driver.

1. What makes you think that this was an accident?
2. Was an investigation launched?
3. Doubt it, just some unlucky car driver bites the dust, eh.
4. Am I right?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
You sir, are a perfect example of why the clinically insane should not own guns.

Then you should not have a gun ...

Sorry bout that,

4. Am I right?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Did you seriously just ask me if an investigation was launched? The only answer that requires is, "Dear God, you are a DUMBFUCK".

Shut up and get off my screen, fool.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

4. Am I right?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Did you seriously just ask me if an investigation was launched? The only answer that requires is, "Dear God, you are a DUMBFUCK".

Shut up and get off my screen, fool.

1. Hummmm,....I thinketh thou protesteth toooooo much.
2. You admire a picture of a innocent car driver being smashed agianst the rails as he was doing an illegal pass, I don't think illegal passing is worthy of the death penalty.
3. Do you not know that the first contact with a car on the side of a big rig isnt silent?
4. The trucker who did that knew what he was doing.
5. The picture you saw at your old office, was *murder*.
6. You are the one who is a complete idiot, if you think I don't know that you know this.
7. But no matter how hard you try to hide this fact, you can't, so you go into some phoney rage about me being a *fool*.
8. You lost this debate, *checkmate*!
9. And you making this phoney arguement, just makes me think the more, you are apart of the 9% .
10. Maybe you should try to be honest about this now.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back