When does life begin?

When do you believe life begins?

• I believe life begins at conception.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • I believe life begins at birth.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I believe life begins somewhere in between conception and birth.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have a clue.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
This isn't a post about abortion. Just asking a simple question. When do you believe life begins? Do you believe life begins at conception? Do you believe life begins at birth? Does it begin somewhere in between? Take the simple poll. When do you believe life begins?

I believe that life begins at conception.

Last edited:
Life begins at conception. But the better question would be when does self awareness begin?

The whole thing is a process, and it is hard to say exactly when the fire starts.

Some things start real early. Heart beats begin around 25 days or so IIRC.

For those who remember chemical photography, you can remember droping the picture into the developer, and watching the picture come up. around 90 seconds you had a picture, but something was obviously there around 4 seconds. When was the picture a picture.... maybe when you flashed light at the paper. And may never

When does life begin ?

Well I rekkin for the most of y'all, it began with a gleam in your daddy's eyes.

At conception.

Maybe. If it's a Saturday night and you get lucky.

conception.jpg

I hate this question, it's so misleading. There's life before conception, during, and after. I assume the question is more along the lines of when does human life begin, and even that isn't necessarily specific enough. As Jeremy pointed out with his follow up question, there's a lot more to it.

it depends on what is, is.....;)

Adam had 'life' with his ''first breath'', the rest of us, it began at conception....

though all legal rights, begin when you take your first breath, if you are born/birthed, and don't take your first breath, you are ''still born''- born dead....so a baby's first breath, is the beginning of personhood....

conception is when life actually begins...though, the fertilized eggs in a fertility clinic have absolutely no chance of a BORN life, none, zero, zip....unless they are implanted in a woman's uterus and grow in her womb till fruition.

Let's assume the OP is reffering to human life.

The mother is already alive. The potentially new person is a part of the mother until the umbilical cord is cut. That's why they call it choice. A mother or anyone has domain over their own body. A new life is sanctioned when the mother decides it is so. That may be the moment she knows she has conceived...it may be later when she knows she wants the baby to be born. It is not mine or yours or anyone but the mothers right to decide "when or if life starts".

Forum List

Back