When does it get old?

Oldandtired

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
Long Island
So last night on ABC, Obama blamed the election of Brown on the last 8 years....he said...and I paraphrase..
'it is not just the last year or so, it was a response to the last 8 years'.

Furthermore...and I paraphrase again....

'I have been so busy with healthcare, two wars and economic crisis, that I have not had the time to be in touch with the American people'....

Really? A record amount of press conferences, interviews, late night shows, speeches.....

What is reality putting aside his rhetoric...

He had plenty of time to address the American People....but with a fillibuster proof majority, he had no interest in HEARING FROM the people.

And when the people took the the streets to have their voices heard, he ridiculed them.

When he says he hasn't been in touch, he means he doesn't give a shit what they think.

So last night on ABC, Obama blamed the election of Brown on the last 8 years....he said...and I paraphrase..

'I have been so busy with healthcare, two wars and economic crisis, that I have not had the time to be in touch with the American people'....

Really? A record amount of press conferences, interviews, late night shows, speeches.....

He had plenty of time to address the American People....but with a fillibuster proof majority, he had no interest in HEARING FROM the people.

And when the people took the the streets to have their voices heard, he ridiculed them.

At least he admitted that last year had something to do with it ;) Since last year was part of the last 8 years

Yeah the BUSH/CHENEY thing is long gone, they have been out for over a year now....the dems have been in control of congress since 2006 and the presidency since 2009. Its their show at the moment.

I have had enough of Obama talking at me. I would really, really like him to STFU and do the damned job we pay him to do. Govern the Republic. In order to effectively do that, he needs to listen to 'we, the People'... not his fucking special interest groups. There is only one Special Interest group he need concern himself with - and that is us.

Did you expect for him to say anything less? Everything is Bush's fault - even Obama's failing popularity numbers.

It goes beyond 8 years. It goes back to Clinton, Whitewater, Gingrich, Lewinsky, Bush...

Congress is at war with itself. There is no longer a middle ground with Congress. A win-win solution is discarded because it allows the other side to win also. It is more important that your party wins and saves face than to do what is right for the people.

Congress, as it exists now does not work

Well said! Personally I think to some degree the Presidents advisers are failing him miserably, he needs to start cleaning house and getting some people around him that are not rabid ideologues and will give the straight scoop as to what is really going on in the country.

Well said! Personally I think to some degree the Presidents advisers are failing him miserably, he needs to start cleaning house and getting some people around him that are not rabid ideologues and will give the straight scoop as to what is really going on in the country.

That won't happen any time soon, Obama is so far left he can not see the middle, much less appoint someone from it. This was well known before he got elected but the press ignored it cause he was the "first" black man running successfully for President. The press failed miserably the last 2 years.

I seriously doubt Obama wakes up.

Couldn't agree more. He needs to seriouisly clean house and start from scratch. Get some folks in there with experience, which he sadly lacks.

He has to put his agenda aside and start taking care of the real business. Jobs and the economy. The guy needs to get his head out of his ideological ass and start being the Prez not a damned Rock Star.

It goes beyond 8 years. It goes back to Clinton, Whitewater, Gingrich, Lewinsky, Bush...

Congress is at war with itself. There is no longer a middle ground with Congress. A win-win solution is discarded because it allows the other side to win also. It is more important that your party wins and saves face than to do what is right for the people.

Please.
Show me where the Democratic controlled Congress of the last 3 years didnt pass something that was win-win.
There is no middle ground because the Dums felt like they could go it alone and impose their radical agenda on America. That view has been thoroughly discredited. The Republicans have been a wall hanging for the last year, no power to block anything.

He's surrounded himself with progressive liberals who have declared they are going to push down on the accelerator and continue to move their agenda forward. He is their poster child. They are the machine. I can't see him getting rid of these rabid ideologues any time soon, if ever. Someone like Van Jones may be gone from the public eye, but you can bet he still works closely with Obama's White House.

I have really heard enough from Barry Ocarter.

Please.
Show me where the Democratic controlled Congress of the last 3 years didnt pass something that was win-win.
There is no middle ground because the Dums felt like they could go it alone and impose their radical agenda on America. That view has been thoroughly discredited. The Republicans have been a wall hanging for the last year, no power to block anything.

Please.

Show me where any Congress in the last 15 years has sought bipartisan input on major legislation. Congress does not work

And when the people took the streets to have their voices heard, he ridiculed them.

The Pres displays an inability to adapt to information which flies in the face of his ridiculous statements.

Largely, this comes from the same phenomenon we see in our D or more accurately L friends here on this forum. They only believe their own rhetoric. It comes from hearing their thoughts and opinions repeated daily in the MSM. It acts as a shield against what they don't want to believe.

On the other hand, the Rs get constant criticism and negative innuendo from about anywhere in the MSM except to a much lesser degree at Fox. Notice how the Ds react to what should be taken as valuable information from Fox. They reject it, even as being a legitimate news source.

They resort to cuteness, calling it FAUX news. There is an advantage to taking the heat of criticism and then taking it into account. Republicans are strengthened by the test of media criticism, as long as they use it to form better responses, rather than caving, and joining their opponents. Too many Republicans in congress are wimps.

The president is incapable of changing directions, and will double down. Clinton was able to adjust and use opposing information to his advantage. Obama doesn’t have that capacity.

The Democrats are made brittle by being able to always have criticism filtered by their media.

Last edited:
I have had enough of Obama talking at me. I would really, really like him to STFU and do the damned job we pay him to do. Govern the Republic. In order to effectively do that, he needs to listen to 'we, the People'... not his fucking special interest groups. There is only one Special Interest group he need concern himself with - and that is us.
"We the People"? We voted for Obama in November of 2008. Your concerns, your interests, your special interest group had nothing at all to do with electing President Obama. you, the People, voted against the president. You, the People, gave him and his agenda exactly twelve weeks before You, the People formed the Tea Baggers to begin the incessant attacks and system of de-legitimization of Barack Obama. And yes, You the People use the fulcrum of race to rest the lever of your attacks on him. From the sublime to the ridiculous (read birth certificate here) You, the people have waged an unending campaign to keep Barack Obama from his legitimately won position.

"We the People"? We voted for Obama in November of 2008. Your concerns, your interests, your special interest group had nothing at all to do with electing President Obama. you, the People, voted against the president. You, the People, gave him and his agenda exactly twelve weeks before You, the People formed the Tea Baggers to begin the incessant attacks and system of de-legitimization of Barack Obama. And yes, You the People use the fulcrum of race to rest the lever of your attacks on him. From the sublime to the ridiculous (read birth certificate here) You, the people have waged an unending campaign to keep Barack Obama from his legitimately won position.

LOl Dude. You are so out to lunch. Mayby you should take the blinders off and really take a good look at OL'BO. He sure is losing the glow that got him elected.

We the people were expecting big changes in DC. Ain't happening. Its the same old same old in DC with a new leftest twist. Not flying in centerist America. Ol'BO should have know that. Apparantly he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

We the people weren't expecting the Govt to try and take over 1/6th of the economy with this massive clusterfuck called a healthcare bill.

Racism??? What a bunch of bs that is. Thats what folks say when they can't think of anything else to say. Yawn.

Tea Partiers?? American citizens of all parties protesting the policies of a clueless president. They ain't goin away either.

Nope. OL'BO can blame himself for his loss of popularity. Campaign promises are real easy to make but tough to keep. If you intended to keep them that is. Nope. OL'BO is his own worst enemy. It shows to.

Yo......

The people voted a man of no experience as he claimed that a man of no experience will be able to stop the crap in washington.

The man with no experience promised transparency.
The man with no experience promised bipartisnaship.
The man with no experience promised no lobbyists
The man with no experience promised no more spending
The man with no experience promised to read all bills before signing

So the people voted for him.

But then the man with no experience noticed something. He noticed that he can tell the people that the sky is red and they would believe him, despite it looking blue.

He realized he can say "do not listen to those that say the sky is blue as they are not your true color analysts" and the people would believe him.

He realized that the people got so caught up in the "change" mantra....that they forgot that he was referring to "change in Washington" so he dicided to tell them that all along he was referring to "fundamentally changing AMERICA"

And they believed him.

Forum List

Back