When does a movie review become a political Ad...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Jul 18, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Why its when its done by the "impartial" member of the LMM, MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5457032/site/newsweek/

Yes not even a movie review of a sci-fi thriller can be devoid of Anti-Bush rhetoric in it.

2. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    When I saw previews of that, I was wondering if that was the case. The preview wasn't very long and I couldn't tell all that much from it, but I thought it might have some political overtones that some people might relate to current events.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Personally I'm more scared by the reports of Joe Wilson lying and the media making a hero out of him, (Read: The Nation, MSNBC). The former gave him a 10k award for truth telling; MSNBC has been running a contest in Slate, to put him on a cruise as a guest speaker. In a one week period, where he appeared on over 30 outlets and interviews, claiming that, "Bush lied!" and the he, Mr. Wilson, was the 'truth seeker' and the media never questioned him. If the media won't check the stories of this calibre, which they are using as 'sources', that allow the deception above to happen, why should anyone be surprised when they let Meryl Streep use such a venue for her political take? Doesn't anyone remember that she cost the apple industry millions with the debunked Alar scare?

The big media has lost any semblance of understanding between news, reporting, and editorializing. :finger: To the media!

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Well, from the sound of it, this remake comes by it's political slant honestly. The villians here are greedy corporations (read: Republicans). In the original, the villian was a Joe McCarthy-type politician (read: Republicans). It never stops with these Hollywood assholes.