When do you think the GOP will regain Congress?

Bush and Paulson gave away a ton of money to Wall Street and banks. Now we hear about huge bonuses for CEOs and the banks won't even tell us where the money went. NO republicans voted for Obama's infusion of cash.

So basically, the problems was created during a GOP white house and now that the Dems have taken over, the republicans can push away from the table and say it is their fault. This is typical political postering. Will it help the GOP? Only time will tell.
These comments are typical partisan nonsense.

POTUS could do nothing without house and senate approval, so if Bush gave out anything, it was with the support and approval of the majority party at the time in both houses, the democrats.

It's also why the system is dysfuntional, both sides blame the other when they are BOTH at fault.

At this point, Republicans are all wishing it's 2010 or 2012. Because if Obama ends up doing good, the Republican party might really begin to head the way of the dinosaur.

It would take an act of God to make President Obama look good if he continues on his current policies.

Explain to me how he can screw up more than Bush? Will he begin a war that was not necessary and based on a lie? Will he bounce the middle class into oblivion? Will be set up illegal prisons all over the world and then go against centuries of US policy and authorize torture? Is that enough or should I go on?

Tell me how he is going to screw up.

At this point, Republicans are all wishing it's 2010 or 2012. Because if Obama ends up doing good, the Republican party might really begin to head the way of the dinosaur.

It would take an act of God to make President Obama look good if he continues on his current policies.

Explain to me how he can screw up more than Bush? Will he begin a war that was not necessary and based on a lie? Will he bounce the middle class into oblivion? Will be set up illegal prisons all over the world and then go against centuries of US policy and authorize torture? Is that enough or should I go on?

Plunge a recession on the upturn into a depression? That would do it. Seems to be hell bent on doing just that, while getting us ever more mired in Afghanistan. We're not even looking at the possibility, likelihood, of more dire foreign problems.

You know, i know you guys hate Bush. And I had my problems with him. But he really wasnt as bad as you guys like to pretend. And it wouldnt be tough for Obama to become much worse than Bush.

Plunge a recession on the upturn into a depression? That would do it. Seems to be hell bent on doing just that, while getting us ever more mired in Afghanistan. We're not even looking at the possibility, likelihood, of more dire foreign problems.

It appears more like an attempt to maintain the current status, while timing certain infusions (schools in 2010, other infrastructure on 2012) of cash into the economy at times most likely to make people think "whew, we're doing better finally" just before it is yanked away again because the "emergency" stimulus package is being designed just this way. People who expect the economy to be doing better wouldn't need the infusions just before elections to attempt to make themselves look temporarily better...

*sigh*

I would suggest people stop saying, "It can't get worse!" that is a curse. It's like being the unknown guy in the red shirt going planetside with Kirk, Spock and the Doctor....

Last edited:

It appears more like an attempt to maintain the current status, while timing certain infusions (schools in 2010, other infrastructure on 2012) of cash into the economy at times most likely to make people think "whew, we're doing better finally" just before it is yanked away again because the "emergency" stimulus package is being designed just this way. People who expect the economy to be doing better wouldn't need the infusions just before elections to attempt to make themselves look temporarily better...

*sigh*

I would suggest people stop saying, "It can't get worse!" that is a curse. It's like being the unknown guy in the red shirt going planetside with Kirk, Spock and the Doctor....

you just said the same as myself, though better.

Fact:

If John McCain had won just FIVE PERCENT MORE of the white vote, he'd have won the election.

Wild, huh?

The GOP could return to power by appealing more to whites. How that might be possible, I'm not sure. I have ideas.

Fact:

If John McCain had won just FIVE PERCENT MORE of the white vote, he'd have won the election.

Wild, huh?

The GOP could return to power by appealing more to whites. How that might be possible, I'm not sure. I have ideas.

It won't be by running around trying to say they are in some way "superior", or by attempting to paint other pigmentation as "inferior".

I think they will win the White House again before they regain either house of Congress. They could possibly regain the Senate in 12 years, but I predict they win the White House in 8, if Obama falters. Otherwise, who knows?

What is your opinion?

Jim I don't know when the GOP will win the white house, but I don't think it matters as they have become nothing, but a shadow of the democratic party as far as I can see from their actions. For my money it is time for a new Party. One that will return to the constitution, return the power to the states, cut the size of government, and strip all Presidents and courts in the future from writing law.

Last edited:
I think they will win the White House again before they regain either house of Congress. They could possibly regain the Senate in 12 years, but I predict they win the White House in 8, if Obama falters. Otherwise, who knows?

What is your opinion?

It will be some time after the obummer and his minions have driven the USA into the ground..

Given the state of the US economy and the unemployment rate, Obama was a ""wounded" president and the 2012 Election was the Republicans to lose.

The demographic trends and the fact that conservatives have always been their own worst enemy, the GOP is doomed to slowly slide into political oblivion unless it can attract women, visible minorities and young voters - an that's not going to happen anytime soon given the current leadership!

Last edited:
I saw a story recently that the GOP was going to focus on the States and change the State methods of EV allocation. Meaning that if you have 2 Senators and 2 Congressional Districts, instead of a winner-take-all of getting 4 votes, votes could be allocated by congressional district and popular vote although I guess the crafty politician will focus on the major cities since if you get the plurality of votes, you get both Senators and presumably whatever district the major city is predominantly in. Like Nevada has 6 electoral votes. Districts 1 and 3 are around Vegas. Theorhetically, if you win Vegas and over 1/2 of the state's popular votes, you'll get the 2 Vegas districts and both Senators.

I believe that liberalism is a winning position for this country but it is hard to argue with this "GOP" plan to levy Electoral Votes based on congressional districts.

It does seem a bit heinkie (sp?) how the two non-district votes would be allocated however.

Forum List

Back