When Do You Kill And Why?

Do you shoot before OR after?

• Shoot BEFORE

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Shoot AFTER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Use your best legal, moral or ethical argument. I will set the scene...

Islamic State is running roughshod in your area. You round a corner and see one sword raised high about to behead a kneeling man/woman/child.

You ARE armed. Your firearm is out. Do you shoot before the downward swing or after? Do you stop the murder before it happens or after the confirmed kill?

Neither. Not knowing why the person's being executed I can't make a decision if intervention's warranted or not. Could be a murderer for all I know.

Use your best legal, moral or ethical argument. I will set the scene...

Islamic State is running roughshod in your area. You round a corner and see one sword raised high about to behead a kneeling man/woman/child.

You ARE armed. Your firearm is out. Do you shoot before the downward swing or after? Do you stop the murder before it happens or after the confirmed kill?
As a Armed Security guard I was given training of what to do vs a knife thrower. If the knife is cocked ready to throw, only then am I legally allowed to shoot him. If it's swinging up there is a chance he'll stop thus lethal force is not authorized. If it's past the cock point when he's actively throwing it I should be dodging not shooting because it's too late to stop the throw and he's about to disarm himself doing so thus no longer a legal target.

If he has knife to throat of someone my best course of action is to stay hidden if he doesn't know I'm there. If I come out I can't shoot him because I might miss and hit the victim or my shot might cause him to slice the throat of the victim. I would be required to disarm myself upon orders from the perp because I'm not allowed to put the victims life in jeopardy. Once the throats slit then I'm free to fire at the perp to prevent him from slicing anyone else, unless he's running away. Then I'm to provide medical assistance to the dead victim because I'm not allowed to declare the victim DOA until medical personal arrives to do so.

Our laws suck.

Arrow of Talk

The famous story of the Scottish cannibal named Sawney Bean who was the head of a large incestuous clan which engaged in various acts of murders (over 1000 people) in their isolated cave reveals a folkloric fascination with errant human behaviours. The Bean story has been the subject of a cult favourite American horror film called "The Hills Have Eyes" [1977].

When it comes to the valuation of life, we want to be sure we're discriminating between hysteria and infidelity.

Analysis of crime is a major subject in the modern era, since vigilantism sentimentalism rises with mercantile-based traffic corruption (i.e., underworlds).

:afro:

Maniac Cop (Film)

Sawney_beane.jpg

Vigilantism Protractor

The Biblical commandments regarding the prohibition of any kind of killing suggests that we have no choice but to use punishment and violence to control crime when psychiatric treatments for mental rehabilitation are simply not known.

For example, what was Adolf Hitler's mania? The world simply did not have enough psychiatric research accomplished to approach the problem of Nazi Germany through diplomacy. In these times, it is easier simply to seek methods for incarceration or expulsion (i.e., the Allied military response).

When we do not have treatments for criminal insanity, we feel confused about the best plan of action and that creates maddening intrigue about the procedures involved with arrest and control of law-breakers. So we may even create vigilantism fantasies (i.e., comic book characters) to forgive ourselves.

This explains the social appeal of relevant vigilantism and punishment-fantasy comic book avatars such as the Punisher (Marvel Comics) and Captain America (Marvel Comics).

:afro:

Captain America: The First Avenger (Film)

Firstappearance.png

Forum List

Back