When did we forget this

jtw4796

Rookie
Sep 29, 2011
"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. "
John F. Kennedy
I am wondering did the USA forget this. I over heard a woman say she will quit her job and get pregnant because she could earn more money on welfare. Something is wrong with that.

You overheard nothing of the kind and you know it.

Only 7 posts and you tell this idiotic lie? You'll fit right in with the other nutter rw's here.

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. "
John F. Kennedy
I am wondering did the USA forget this. I over heard a woman say she will quit her job and get pregnant because she could earn more money on welfare. Something is wrong with that.

Are you aware that LBJ's war on poverty was the carrying out of JFK's policies?

John F. Kennedy

What’s wrong is believing things you ‘overhear.’

Only 7 posts and you tell this idiotic lie? You'll fit right in with the other nutter rw's here.

actually I did hear that and she quit the job the next day. I do not know what happened to her after that. The fact is I would be just as well off if I went to work part time. reason is I would get free food with food stamps, a free cell phone, free insurance in 2014, and still make enough to pay my other bills. Both parties are making this a nation where it does not pay to work.

John F. Kennedy

Angry white male. He doesn't count anymore. It's time to get our freebies ON.

Last edited:
Just curious. How do you interpret JFK's statement.

John F. Kennedy

actually I did hear that and she quit the job the next day. I do not know what happened to her after that. The fact is I would be just as well off if I went to work part time. reason is I would get free food with food stamps, a free cell phone, free insurance in 2014, and still make enough to pay my other bills. Both parties are making this a nation where it does not pay to work.

Bullshit.

I heard Elvis was coming back and it's true!!! I've already seen and talked to him. It was so exciting. :)

John F. Kennedy

Remember what your country is doing for you when you take advantage of tax expenditures.

Mortage interest deduction? That's a gift from the government to you that costs a lot more than an ObamaPhone™. The bigger your house, the bigger your gift. Sweeeeeeeet!

Child tax credit? Another gift!

Every dollar you get to save in taxes through deductions and credits is a dollar that has to come out of someone else's hide.

John F. Kennedy

I also heard some folks bitching about paying taxes, so there ya go.

Forum List

Back