when did these people become so rude......

The man who runs AIG left goldman sacks and get equity grants for his service , he also defended the trips the ceos made after they recieved our money.

he gets 1 dollar......guess who timmy used to work for....guess which securites and equities groups are getting cash.....guess what happened to their competition.....

new boss same as the old boss......

but don't worry you belive the "dems" in congress that got us here will save us now and if they can't it will be because the rich and the repubs blocked them....

The man who runs AIG left goldman sacks and get equity grants for his service , he also defended the trips the ceos made after they recieved our money.

How much is Barry's trip to see Jay Leno costing us ? ........ :eusa_whistle:

Not as much as the Chimp's folly into Iraq is costing you...:eusa_whistle:

Which chimp ? They're all chimps ......

I'll take a guess and say that years of being in Iraq has costed less than what the current chimp has spent in the last three weeks.....

Repubs are so caught up in hating Dems at the moment (like they have anything to do with this mess), that they forget to put the blame where it is deserved - their uber capitalist heroes who actually took the bonuses. Where are these peoples' sense of right and wrong? They obviously don't give a shit, but I guess that is the conservative mantra "it's all about me, me, me"....

I'll take a guess and say that years of being in Iraq has costed less than what the current chimp has spent in the last three weeks.....

At least the money he is spending is to go out into the US economy, not third party hired hands who are mates with the VP or are part of a company he used to run. That's another thing, you guys are so caught up in hating this guy, you seem to think he's spending the money. He's not. You guys will be. You will be spending it on goods and services. Shit, a third of it will go back to the govt (state and fed) in sales taxes and other taxes anyway...

these elected people are simply rude.......these people are out of line....

they are responsible for this.....they were in charge and sit there and blame others .....

Let me guess. You must have been watching the "congressional hearings". I couldn't believe the arrogant little twit that said, " It was MEANT as offense".
The twit is Richard E. Neal D of Massachusettes. 202-225-5601. What do you want to bet that folks call him Dick?

His office will hear from me tomorrow. :) Dick might even be the nicest thing I call him too.

Thanks, i'm gonna call that assholes office. His behavior was atrocious ......

I called his office and was told that the news had misidentified the Congressman. They said they were happy ( and that the Congressman was happy ) that it wasn't "their guy". They were quite willing to give me the name and phone number of Congressman Lynch of Mass. whom they said was the twit on the committee. Amended phone number is 202-225-8273. Congressman Lynch's personel sounded very tired.

FactCheck.org: 'Blame Dodd' Attacks Ignore Facts

Some Republicans have been quick to blame Democratic Sen. Chris Dodd of Connecticut for allowing big bonus payments to AIG executives. They get the facts backward.

The public record shows Dodd authored an amendment that would have prevented "any bonus" being paid to top executives of firms getting bailout money. It was the White House and the Treasury Department that insisted Dodd's amendment be watered down to apply only to bonuses paid under agreements signed in the past five weeks. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has taken public responsibility for that.

We lay out the full story in our Analysis section.

Let's not forget the raise they gave themselves this year...
Isn't that an automatic recurring raise now? I could be wrong but I thought I heard something about Pelosi making it so. If that's the case, they won't need to annoy us with it every year!

these elected people are simply rude.......these people are out of line....

they are responsible for this.....they were in charge and sit there and blame others .....

This was written about British Parliament, but I think it applies to our Congress equally as well.

Commons Brawl

All right and honorable gentlemen
And lady, too
Will kindly try to restrain themselves
In derring-do

As verbal hard graffiti flies
And echoes wall to wall
Our precious model of democracy
It's the House of Commons brawl

One member from some dark mill town
Furious did cry
Spittle froth from folded chin
To dim the lie

Let's serve this brief and list the rush
Of who's allowed catcalls
Let's finish this right here and now
At the House of Commons brawl

Kick, punch with the government
As with jackets off they fly heaven-bent
Scratch gouge with the other side
As the party firmly admit a fight

Another day in the lives of those
Who would guide us through
If all is prepped that we should
By their example do

But there again I think for less
For gyving to the wall
The wrong house but the right idea
To end the Commons brawl

How much is Barry's trip to see Jay Leno costing us ? ........ :eusa_whistle:

Not as much as the Chimp's folly into Iraq is costing you...:eusa_whistle:

Which chimp ? They're all chimps ......

By the time we are done paying for the war based on lies, it will have cost us over 3 trillion dollars. For nothing. And that cost is part of what has created the economic debacle here at home.

And much of the money Obama is spending is going for much need infrastructure improvement. The rest to bail us out of the situation Bush and you Conservatives created.

Isn't that an automatic recurring raise now? I could be wrong but I thought I heard something about Pelosi making it so. If that's the case, they won't need to annoy us with it every year!

A US Senator makes $174,000 a year. Many of the miscreants at AIG were scheduled to recieve ten times that, or more.

Some Republicans have been quick to blame Democratic Sen. Chris Dodd of Connecticut for allowing big bonus payments to AIG executives. They get the facts backward.

The public record shows Dodd authored an amendment that would have prevented "any bonus" being paid to top executives of firms getting bailout money. It was the White House and the Treasury Department that insisted Dodd's amendment be watered down to apply only to bonuses paid under agreements signed in the past five weeks. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has taken public responsibility for that.

then fact check needs to check their own facts
dodd admitted he did it

then fact check needs to check their own facts
dodd admitted he did it

Just as well the messenger remembered his ballistic vest.
The Persian Version

Truth-loving Persians do not dwell upon
The trivial skirmish fought near Marathon.
As for the Greek theatrical tradition
Which represents that summer's expedition
Not as a mere reconnaisance in force
By three brigades of foot and one of horse
(Their left flank covered by some obsolete
Light craft detached from the main Persian fleet)
But as a grandiose, ill-starred attempt
To conquer Greece - they treat it with contempt;
And only incidentally refute
Major Greek claims, by stressing what repute
The Persian monarch and the Persian nation
Won by this salutary demonstration:
Despite a strong defence and adverse weather
All arms combined magnificently together.

Robert Graves

It was ever thus.

It is a COLA raise, ( Cost Of Living Allotment]_ one authomtically set up to offset the inflation of the previous year.

Congress gets it, as does Social Security as does the military, if I am not mistaken.

It is a COLA raise, ( Cost Of Living Allotment]_ one authomtically set up to offset the inflation of the previous year.

Congress gets it, as does Social Security as does the military, if I am not mistaken.
except congress doesnt deserve it

But the CEOs who were getting 400 times what the aveage worker does deserve the money you guys defended for yeaars under Bush?

You want congress easy to bribe huh?

But the CEOs who were getting 400 times what the aveage worker does deserve the money you guys defended for yeaars under Bush?

You want congress easy to bribe huh?
wow, the braindead deflection squad is out strong those morning

Forum List

Back