When did the police become the marines?

R

rdean

111FAB15-80EF-4A32-83E6-3B3E0E3E371F_w640_r1_cx0_cy4_cw0_s.jpg

Watching the news, they were talking about the latest rioting in Missouri and when they showed this segment on the police confronting the demonstrators, I thought they got their video mixed up. I thought this was a picture of the military and then they said it was police in "riot gear".

Then this reporter came on and said he was watching TV and he saw two of his colleagues being taken away in handcuffs. He called the chief of police and told him his men had just arrested two respected journalists. He said the police chief first said, "Oh God", and told him one of those journalists had just interviewed him earlier in the day.

The two journalists were quickly released. One was interviewed. He said they were in a McDonald's and the police rushed in and said they had to be out in 45 seconds. He told the police they had a lot of equipment there and it would take longer than 45 seconds. He said they were arrested and bound and one of the police put his fingers on the guys neck and squeezed until he was in distress.

I haven't seen this in America since watching it on TV in the 60's when Conservatives still belonged to the Democratic Party before they fled and became Republicans.

So, will they go back to being police? Are Republicans cheering the police? This does seem to be the kind of state they want. This is what they call "free".

A City Ripped Apart: Ferguson Riot Police Wound Reporter In Attack on Protestors, Police use MRAPs, helicopters to Hunt Down Journalists in Ferguson, Mo. | InvestmentWatch

Witness to Michael Brown shooting comes forward

And they left this kid to lay on the ground for 4 hours?

Does this seem more like a war zone than an American city?

And why are the police dressed like that? Is that how they are in other cities?

I don't know about anyone else but if I had to quell a riotous situation I'd want to be fully protected. These days, the inner city gangstas are as well armed as the police are.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm against a "police state" but I think self protection is perfectly justified in this instance.

I don't know about anyone else but if I had to quell a riotous situation I'd want to be fully protected. These days, the inner city gangstas are as well armed as the police are.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm against a "police state" but I think self protection is perfectly justified in this instance.

Curious. Can you prove that?

Watching the news, they were talking about the latest rioting in Missouri and when they showed this segment on the police confronting the demonstrators, I thought they got their video mixed up. I thought this was a picture of the military and then they said it was police in "riot gear".

Then this reporter came on and said he was watching TV and he saw two of his colleagues being taken away in handcuffs. He called the chief of police and told him his men had just arrested two respected journalists. He said the police chief first said, "Oh God", and told him one of those journalists had just interviewed him earlier in the day.

The two journalists were quickly released. One was interviewed. He said they were in a McDonald's and the police rushed in and said they had to be out in 45 seconds. He told the police they had a lot of equipment there and it would take longer than 45 seconds. He said they were arrested and bound and one of the police put his fingers on the guys neck and squeezed until he was in distress.

I haven't seen this in America since watching it on TV in the 60's when Conservatives still belonged to the Democratic Party before they fled and became Republicans.

So, will they go back to being police? Are Republicans cheering the police? This does seem to be the kind of state they want. This is what they call "free".

A City Ripped Apart: Ferguson Riot Police Wound Reporter In Attack on Protestors, Police use MRAPs, helicopters to Hunt Down Journalists in Ferguson, Mo. | InvestmentWatch

I'm a reserve officer in Fairfax, Va. We're called up all the time for special events in D.C.
I relish those days when I get to put on full body armor and carry a baton to kick the nuts in of pussies like you - really, for no apparent reason. Just for ha ha's.

I'm a reserve officer in Fairfax, Va. We're called up all the time for special events in D.C.
I relish those days when I get to put on full body armor and carry a baton to kick the nuts in of pussies like you - really, for no apparent reason. Just for ha ha's.
People like you are the problem.

So the mayor just now realized that he is the western hemisphere's Hosni Mubarak? The lot of them need to be locked up until EVERY mayor gets the message.

And every police officer who violates his oath deserves to die. Painfully

I have been saying this would happen for years, Nice to see you finally getting the message.

Last edited:
I think military style camouflage uniforms for local Police Departments sends the wrong message but the Feds have been doing it for years.

The Missouri Governor went to Ferguson today, kicked out the police & replaced them with the state highway patrol.

I had business in the area today & drove up West Florissant Ave an hour ago. The media reports do not match what I saw. I did not see a single police officer or vehicle. Protestors were on both sides of the street near the Canfield intersection. They were not impeding traffic, people or business in any way. They looked to be in a cheerful mood holding their hands in the air. No rioting or looting currently going on.

I counted 20 business damaged by looters on that road. There are more on other streets that I did not go down. Looks to be twice as many business damaged as the media reported. Nearly all St Louis county & municipalities governments websites were down today from cyber attacks from outside the state of MO.

And next you'll start a thread about how great it is having the gov control your healthcare. :cuckoo:

Maybe your starting to wake up to the fact that government isn't your friend.

Last edited:

Exactly why people hate cops....

Fine...while you're out kicking people and hitting them with your baton...think of your family at home...alone....

Forum List

Back