When did the GOP

become this group that has contempt for people who work?

Never, you are wrong, end of thread.

I'm flabbergasted that a political candidate can pretend that anyone who doesn't vote for him doesn't pay taxes.

He doesn't, he's generalizing, people do it all the time. Of course not ALL of the 47% don't work, not ALL of the 47% will be voting for Obama. But of course you know that, and you can't make a partisan hack thread while taking common sense things like that into concideration.

so he's lying. look at the numbers... the "generalization is a fabrication".

thanks for playing.

his speech really should be hey...we can convince stupid people to vote against their own interests and vote to give mittens and his buddies more tax cuts.

I guess being ignorant of high level concepts like "generalizations, and their functions in communication" is part and parcel of being ignorant enough to be a liberal.

Have fun.

According to US Census Bureau data, 49.1% of the US population lives in a household where at least one member is receiving government benefits:
The 49.1% of the population in a household that gets benefits is up from 30% in the early 1980s and 44.4% as recently as the third quarter of 2008.

Census: 49% of US Lives in Households Receiving Gov't Benefits

Over 100 million US residents on welfare

Over 100 million US residents on welfare — RT

Half of Americans in households receiving government aid

Half of Americans in households receiving government aid

1 in 5 Americans Are Dependent on Government

Chart: 1 in 5 Americans Are Dependent on Federal Government

Number of the Week: Half of U.S. Lives in Household Getting Benefits

Number of the Week: Half of U.S. Lives in Household Getting Benefits - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Yup.....ahhhhhh ( take long puff on ciggy, Denis Leary style)

Guys like me........spend our whole lives supporting the losers of society. And our president thinks that is just perfectly fair, in fact, if fixing to bleed me a little more in the next 4 years if he is reelected.

I live in New York where this experiment is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of schedule. Fucking place becomes more of a snake pit by the day. If this guy gets reelected, the day after, I'll be heading to my local Dicks Sporting Goods store, and not to purchase a pair of running shoes.

I worked in NYC for over 30 years. I get what your saying loud and clear.

that's funny... i live in the same ny and there hasn't been a democratic mayor since dinkins.

so what is it you were saying?

We just went through a wrenching economic downturn, very close to the Second Great Republican Depression. Many are still out of work, or working at minimum wage jobs, just scraping by. Millions are looking for work every day. Even though the job market is improving slowly, it is doing so agonizingly slow. And every proposal that the President puts up to increase jobs gets shot down by the GOP.

In this economic climate, a Presidential candidate states that nearly half of the American population are lazy bastards not worth bothering with. What a damned smart candidate! Alienate women, hispanics, blacks, working people. In fact, anyone but pot bellied old white males. However, as one of the latter classes of voters, even I find Romney's politics objectionable.

And you wonder at the numbers;

President Obama 332 Governor Romney 206

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map No Toss Ups

How does he manage to maintain the 206?

well it is really important to call them on their lies...

see my post above...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6009666-post38.html

This is what you asswipe pal posted. He can't seem to explain what he himself posts.

Take a crack at it:

"I love how cons never ever talk about the fact that they pay so much less as a percentage of income at the state level compared to the lowest income earners who pay the most.."

Why is it that? Do you know?

if you want that discussion, try starting your 250th thread. this one is dealing with mitten's and the GOP lie that the people who don't pay taxes vote democratic.

so why don't *you*, address the fact that red states get more in federal funding than they pay in.

we'lll wait.

Try looking up how much of that Federal money is in the form of Social Security and Medicare payments to seniors. Many have moved to red states after retirement in order to make their meager payments provide more than cat food on the dinner table. They can't afford to live in the blue states any more.

47% don't pay Federal income taxes. He might have a point about that group voting Democratic. I can't imagine someone who pays no federal income taxes wanting to vote for a Republican. That would go contrary to simple logic. However, I haven't seen any data to back up that claim.

but that would include people who pay other types of taxes...

it would include the disabled...

it would include all those red state white single mothers who religiously vote GOP...

THAT'S the point...

it isn't people like me, like Article... like my husband who works his butt off...
all i can say is the thing about mittens is he's so unskilled a politician that he actually sometimes says what he thinks.

I suppose that legal career of yours isn't booming. Ambulance chasing slow these days?

should my husband not work because i make money?

maybe you sit home like the slacker you are... but he isn't built that way.

Never, you are wrong, end of thread.

He doesn't, he's generalizing, people do it all the time. Of course not ALL of the 47% don't work, not ALL of the 47% will be voting for Obama. But of course you know that, and you can't make a partisan hack thread while taking common sense things like that into concideration.

so he's lying. look at the numbers... the "generalization is a fabrication".

thanks for playing.

his speech really should be hey...we can convince stupid people to vote against their own interests and vote to give mittens and his buddies more tax cuts.

I guess being ignorant of high level concepts like "generalizations, and their functions in communication" is part and parcel of being ignorant enough to be a liberal.

Have fun.

It never ceases to amaze how she inserts her foot in her mouth every day and then when she can't handle the heat...she tries to take the trhead in a different direction.

I didn't even start a thread today yet that's what she posts as a reply when asked to defend what her friend posted...and she backed.

it would include all those red state white single mothers who religiously vote GOP...

THAT'S the point...

it isn't people like me, like Article... like my husband who works his butt off...
all i can say is the thing about mittens is he's so unskilled a politician that he actually sometimes says what he thinks.

I suppose that legal career of yours isn't booming. Ambulance chasing slow these days?

should my husband not work because i make money?

maybe you sit home like the slacker you are... but he isn't built that way.

More Ass Facts jil baby? Keep lying. Do you have proof Matlock that I don't work? See? More diversion from the Queen of Sidetracking!
FAIL...again.

Whenever you want to address what was put before you...let me know.

Last edited:
Yup.....ahhhhhh ( take long puff on ciggy, Denis Leary style)

Guys like me........spend our whole lives supporting the losers of society. And our president thinks that is just perfectly fair, in fact, if fixing to bleed me a little more in the next 4 years if he is reelected.

I live in New York where this experiment is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of schedule. Fucking place becomes more of a snake pit by the day. If this guy gets reelected, the day after, I'll be heading to my local Dicks Sporting Goods store, and not to purchase a pair of running shoes.

that's funny... i live in the same ny and there hasn't been a democratic mayor since dinkins.

Who is talking about mayors you dope?

Again with the diversionary tactics. :D It's perpetual.

If this is how you argue a case you must be one piss-poor attorney...if you even are one?

The jury is still out on that.

Last edited:
oh jilly, you get more shrill each day you see Obama losing

Now that is a laughable statement. As a former Republican, I have to agree with Jillian 100% on this. I am one of those who decided nutjobbedum wasn't for me.

You have something from jillian on your nose:

toilet-paper.jpg

No, I'm just much smarter than you.

I don't remember them being like that. I remember them as the smart/money guys... the ones who kept the 'good-hearted' dems in check and ended up with a balance between the heart and the pocketbook.

I'm flabbergasted that a political candidate can pretend that anyone who doesn't vote for him doesn't pay taxes.

I know i pay a way greater percentage of my income in taxes than mittens.

funny that.

47% don't pay Federal income taxes. He might have a point about that group voting Democratic. I can't imagine someone who pays no federal income taxes wanting to vote for a Republican. That would go contrary to simple logic. However, I haven't seen any data to back up that claim.

THAT'S the point...

The skills of Obama...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng]Obama: If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That - YouTube[/ame]

I don't remember them being like that. I remember them as the smart/money guys... the ones who kept the 'good-hearted' dems in check and ended up with a balance between the heart and the pocketbook.

funny that.

i hear ya Jill.....i have been negged and called a few choice expletives by some of the Far Righties for being a ...gasp...Government Worker and i really got shit upon when they found out i belong to......a Union........:eusa_shifty:

perhaps you are having trouble understanding this discussion. we're talking about dems v slacker repubs and the lies of your candidate.

i know it's confusing to you and you have difficulty actually following a conversation as opposed to troling one.

but for the low IQ//high volume poster that is you...

NYC is doing fine. ... our economy is good... we're the number 1 tourist destination in the country...

but then again... NY isn't a red state sucking money from the federal government.

funny that.

i hear ya Jill.....i have been negged and called a few choice expletives by some of the Far Righties for being a ...gasp...Government Worker and i really got shit upon when they found out i belong to......a Union........:eusa_shifty:

No one is calling her anything for a reason like you propose. She reaps what she sows and she can't ever back up her now daily and infamous..."Ass Facts"!

Nothing wrong with working for the Government.

i really am flabbergasted.

i think romney's got a huge problem going forward.

I am so sick of hearing Republicans throw out that "47% don't pay any taxes" bullshit. Dems need to jump on that and let the truth be known. I love how cons never ever talk about the fact that they pay so much less as a percentage of income at the state level compared to the lowest income earners who pay the most, but they continue to throw out the stupid crap about 47% not paying any taxes, when in fact they do pay payroll taxes which actually total more than Mitt payed.

Obama needs to bring this up and throw right back at Romney. I hope this comes up in the debates.

Care to explain why that is the case?

Seriously, I need to explain how regressive tax systems work? I imagine you must have been a big supporter of Herman Cain, considering he was the King of the regressive tax with his 9-9-9 plan.

perhaps you are having trouble understanding this discussion. we're talking about dems v slacker repubs and the lies of your candidate.

i know it's confusing to you and you have difficulty actually following a conversation as opposed to troling one.

but for the low IQ//high volume poster that is you...

NYC is doing fine. ... our economy is good... we're the number 1 tourist destination in the country...

but then again... NY isn't a red state sucking money from the federal government.

Take a deep breath! You're like shit..all over the place. Answer what you were asked? Then try real hard even with your ADD to follow the posts in order.

A well renowned attorney like you should be able to do it in 2 or 3 tries.

:D

P.S. NYC is a den of Liberal shits with deadbeats who don't work and welfare lines around the corner. Don't lie to me I worked there for 30 years and you aren't going to bullshit me when it comes to what NYC is all about...EPIC FAIL this time.

Last edited:
Seriously, I need to explain how regressive tax systems work? I imagine you must have been a big supporter of Herman Cain, considering he was the King of the regressive tax with his 9-9-9 plan.

he knows that question has nothing to do with this thread. but they can't justify romney's stupid comments. they can't just say, yeah, he messed up.. they can't acknowledge he's a horrible candidate and an ugly person.

so they'd rather spew and rant and deflect.

it makes them feel better about themselves. *shrug*

As far as I can tell the GOP started on the path that led them to this point shortly after 9/11.

It started with "you are with us or you are with the terrorists".

Artie i think it started with bad mouthing Unions for squeezing what they can out of Corporations....and then it drifted down to the workers for having the gall and audacity to belong to one and then it just stayed on the workers.....especially Government ones.....thats my experience anyway....

Forum List

Back