When Christianity become about persecuting others?

You can't fight evil with kindness and love. You have to fight back.
The greatest threat to evil is that it has no power over you. That is possible through Christ'a love.

Psalm 23:4

Rendering evil powerless is the devastating and crushing blow to it. And evil is vanquished within us only through love.

Delta, believe it or not, the world does not revolve around you and your homosexual friends.
Actually sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. The Xian faith has always been about persecuting others and belittling those who disagree with the practice.

captain?
X stands for Christ, Xmas, Christmas.

X is the first letter, Chi, in Christ's name in the Greek language.

Χριστός

You're supposed to love your enemies, but you still have to kill them if they're trying to kill you.

You're supposed to love your enemies, but you still have to kill them if they're trying to kill you.
If they are trying to kill me, than yes. But so far nobody has tried to kill me. And people being arrogant and wanting to provoke people into nasty arguments isn't the same thing. You don't defeat that with becoming nasty.

The greatest threat to evil is that it has no power over you. That is possible through Christ'a love.

Rendering evil powerless is the devastating and crushing blow to it. And evil is vanquished within us only through love.

Just checking, but you realize Psalms is a Jewish text right?

It's also Christian.

Uh no. No more so than Qur'an. Psalms is in the Tanach. Tanach predates both Jesus and the latter NT texts by about a thousand years. Co=opting a previous religion's holy text doesn't make it the new religion's any more than if Islam coopted the NT and pasted Qur'an onto the end of Revelations.

Be it gays, non-Christians, less religious Christians, when ever we hear from Christians lately it's they're attacking somebody else. It's never 'We're Christian are doing this wonderful thign over here and welcome all to join us." It's protesting gay marriage, gay adoption, bashing other faiths, or something else negative. I don't recall Jesus saying after a sermon, "Hey let's go beat the shit out of those Roman queers at the orgy." :)
It really sorry if always was. People that wear the cross proudly don't seem to be doing so for the glory of God, it's more to belong to a tribe. It feeds the division. The Christian religion has fractured so many times over this nonsense that it is no longer the pillar of the earth but dust.
Blah blah blah....Christians are EEEEVILLLL!!!!....blah blah blah
Why do you feel so persecuted?

The bible says Christians are evil. Christians are man and man is not good, only God is good. So yes they do wicked things and yes they are evil.

Your contempt is with the bible not me.
Be it gays, non-Christians, less religious Christians, when ever we hear from Christians lately it's they're attacking somebody else. It's never 'We're Christian are doing this wonderful thign over here and welcome all to join us." It's protesting gay marriage, gay adoption, bashing other faiths, or something else negative. I don't recall Jesus saying after a sermon, "Hey let's go beat the shit out of those Roman queers at the orgy." :)

Actually, I think you'll find that what you hear from Christians is responses to attacks from the left.
What is the left? Christians aren't supposed to serve masters other than Christ, that includes the directions.

Instead of responding to them as adversaries treat them like our brothers and sisters, because they are. Any sins they commit they take responsibility for. And it is their choice. And blessed are those that suffer for Christ.

Did Christ argue and bicker with people that didn't agree with him? Or did he fall on their mercy allowing them to crucify him?
Our adversaries do not believe in the concept of sin.

We aren't adversarial, we are the conduit in which Christ brings peace.

I will leave the fighting with Satan to the him that has been doing it much longer than my kind existed. All I can do is resist temptation I was called to be a servant. You fight evil with kindness and love.

Oh goody, one imaginary figure fighting another imaginary figure, I think it might have the making of a good cartoon.

It's also Christian.

Uh no. No more so than Qur'an. Psalms is in the Tanach. Tanach predates both Jesus and the latter NT texts by about a thousand years. Co=opting a previous religion's holy text doesn't make it the new religion's any more than if Islam coopted the NT and pasted Qur'an onto the end of Revelations.

Oh come on, you know Xtians, they adopt anything they feel necessary to get membership and add their own spin to it, usually completely ignoring the true origins of any of it. They are born liars and obfuscators.

It's also Christian.

Uh yes, Christianity and all its texts are Jewish. Christians worship a Jewish person. It is simply a new covenant within that same Canon.

I don't really know much about Islam.

It really sorry if always was. People that wear the cross proudly don't seem to be doing so for the glory of God, it's more to belong to a tribe. It feeds the division. The Christian religion has fractured so many times over this nonsense that it is no longer the pillar of the earth but dust.
Blah blah blah....Christians are EEEEVILLLL!!!!....blah blah blah
Why do you feel so persecuted?

The bible says Christians are evil. Christians are man and man is not good, only God is good. So yes they do wicked things and yes they are evil.

Your contempt is with the bible not me.

Actually, I think you'll find that what you hear from Christians is responses to attacks from the left.
What is the left? Christians aren't supposed to serve masters other than Christ, that includes the directions.

Instead of responding to them as adversaries treat them like our brothers and sisters, because they are. Any sins they commit they take responsibility for. And it is their choice. And blessed are those that suffer for Christ.

Did Christ argue and bicker with people that didn't agree with him? Or did he fall on their mercy allowing them to crucify him?
Our adversaries do not believe in the concept of sin.

We aren't adversarial, we are the conduit in which Christ brings peace.

I will leave the fighting with Satan to the him that has been doing it much longer than my kind existed. All I can do is resist temptation I was called to be a servant. You fight evil with kindness and love.

Oh goody, one imaginary figure fighting another imaginary figure, I think it might have the making of a good cartoon.
Kindness and love and evil are all imaginary? Well...okay.

It's also Christian.

Oh come on, you know Xtians, they adopt anything they feel necessary to get membership and add their own spin to it, usually completely ignoring the true origins of any of it. They are born liars and obfuscators.
Christianity was born out of Judaism. Or so the Canon goes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back