When can both teams hit the field?

Chad2000k

Rookie
Jan 1, 2004
Kansas
Could someone please help on how the call should be when there is still time on the clock and both teams cross the field to celebrate? I think an illegal number of players on the field penalty should be called.

Also should the chains be set before the clock can start again on a first down conversion?
Thanks
Chad:mad: :mad:

If players and/or fans are on the field before the game finishes, the refs generally will clear the field and finish the game. I have seen times where it was a blowout and they just called it a game though. It's usually the fans responsible for this and I think they should penalize the home team to deter it from happening in the future.

In college they stop the clock until the ball is set and chains moved. In the NFL the clock continues.

• Banned
Thanks Jimmy but I am still wondering. I heard about a time the KC Chiefs picked up the ball and took off for the endzone, in the closing seconds of the game and the refs called it a good touchdown.
I knew that in college the chains had to be set in order for the clock to start. Well in that Tostios bowl Bill Snyder was pissed about the clock starting when the chains have not been set. They were still about twenty yards away and jogging up the field and the refs went ahead and started that clock. They would have seven extra seconds to play with.:mad: :mad:

Forum List

Back