When Bush was in office...

You would have lost 48% of your investment, investment guy.

You left out the thousands of deaths for no reason in Iraq, the hundreds of thousands of deaths of Iraqi citizens, that he couldn't find OBL even saying he didn't care about it at one point, his wishing to privatized Social Security--and that would have lead to a total wipe out of millions thanks to the 512 point drop that occurred on his watch--it's a good thing smarter heads prevailed.

I would have been very happy to have been investing 10% of my Soc Sec payroll tax into the stock market when it was at 7,000. Investing a set amount monthly or quarterly is called dollar cost averaging, and I have done that for years with my own money. I would have made a helluva lot more money for my retirement had Bush got the scumbags to privatize Soc Sec. And, you would have done the same if you had a job.

I bought the nasdaq index fund using my system and it has gone from $41 and change to $59 over the last 52 weeks. The 100 shares I bought for $4100+$20 commission 12 months ago are now worth $5900.

You grab your numbers out of your ass, I can prove mine.

We are talking about Bush's legacy, not Obama. Clinton is closer to the Democrats Reagan, Obama is the next Carter.

I think Clinton could have been their Reagan, if not for the whole horn dog thing. Again, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I really think a lot hinges on reelection. If Obama becomes a one term president, he may go down as a failure, if he wins then I think it's far more likely he could become the democrats Reagan.

Clinton was a tax raising failure his first two years. When the Republicans took over with a landslide in 1994, Clinton was enough of a politician to jump on the bandwagon and take credit for the bills the Republicans passed.
eusa_doh.gif

You almost sound old-enough to remember those days.....​

Newt-Gingrich-Cry-Baby-Post.jpg

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
The private sector lost more than 2 million jobs from 1 January to 31 March 2009 thanks to the GOP's economic policies from 1994 forward. Thanks Bush!

We need Romney but not Bush economic policies.

It was the housing bubble that caused ALL of the job losses, not economic policy.

Barely into Ronald Reagan's 1984 convention speech and what did we get?

Our opponents began this campaign hoping that America has a poor memory. Well, let's take them on a little stroll down memory lane. Let's remind them of how a 4.8-percent inflation rate in 1976 became back-to-back years of double-digit inflation -- the worst since World War I -- punishing the poor and the elderly, young couples striving to start their new lives, and working people struggling to make ends meet.

and

Inflation was not some plague borne on the wind; it was a deliberate part of their official economic policy, needed, they said, to maintain prosperity. They didn't tell us that with it would come the highest interest rates since the Civil War. As average monthly mortgage payments more than doubled, home building nearly ground to a halt; tens of thousands of carpenters and others were thrown out of work.

and on and on

Read it here, and count how many times Reagan talks about the prior administration and the problems they left for poor Ron.

Ronald Reagan For President 1984 Convention Address

Stating the FACTS is a lot different than saying the Bush tax cuts caused the problem when it was the housing bubble that actually was the culprit.

Can you deny any of the statements made by Reagan?

Presidents, like quarterbacks, get too much blame and too much credit.

But, since we love to keep our political discourse shallow and simplistic, I guess it would only be fair to judge Bush on what he left behind: Not one, but two horrific and costly wars, and the worst economic meltdown since the Great Depression.

That's Bush's report card. It is what it is: A big, steaming pile of crap.

As for Obama, we'll see what he left behind.

Presidents, like quarterbacks, get too much blame and too much credit.

But, since we love to keep our political discourse shallow and simplistic, I guess it would only be fair to judge Bush on what he left behind: Not one, but two horrific and costly wars, and the worst economic meltdown since the Great Depression.

That's Bush's report card. It is what it is: A big, steaming pile of crap.

As for Obama, we'll see what he left behind.

As for Obama so far. 9% average unemployment over first 43 months versus 5.3% average for Bush over 96 months.

Followed through on the Bush peace agreement with Iraq and took credit for losing the war. Continued the war in Afghanistan with more US troops killed in 43 months than were killed during the entire Bush Administration.

Led from behind in Egypt and Libya ensuring two more Muslim countries that will join Iran to destroy Israel.

Not true and you have no credible documentation for that silly statement.

Yes, the housing bubble reflected the banking and credit problems the bushies and their buddies let develop.

The private sector lost more than 2 million jobs from 1 January to 31 March 2009 thanks to the GOP's economic policies from 1994 forward. Thanks Bush!

It was the housing bubble that caused ALL of the job losses, not economic policy.

Not true and you have no credible documentation for that silly statement.

Yes, the housing bubble reflected the banking and credit problems the bushies and their buddies let develop.

Do you always have to post stupidly Jrunk
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were two government-sponsored enterrises (GSEs) that created, and remain highly involved in, the secondary market for mortgage-backed securities. Before the subprime mortgage crisis, they owned or guaranteed $1.4 trillion, or 40%, of all U.S. mortgages. They only held $168 billion in subprime mortgages -- but it was enough to capsize the two. Find out how the two GSEs supported the secondary market, which helped American families realize the dream of homeownership, and how that turned into the nightmare of the subprime mortgage crisis.

The Subprime Mortgage Primer
What was the subprime mortgage crisis? Read this primer first to find out what the definition of subprime mortgages and how they helped cause the real estate downturn in 2006. Understand the relationship between interest rates, real estate and the rest of the economy. See how banks and mortgage companies packaged these risky loans into mortgage-backed securities. They resold them on the secondary market that was enabled by the legislation that created Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. This legislation was supposed to help homeownership become more affordable. Understand how derivatives then spread the risk into mutual funds, pension funds and corporations. Follow the chronology of events in 2006 and 2007 that turned a good idea turned into a bad situation.

bigrebnc ignorantly posts the meaning of the problem, but pretends that Freddie and Fannie were somehow just a dem plot to kill America.

In fact, both parties were responsible for the mess, which is what I said above, and I thank bigreb for (1) proving my point and (2) revealing his ignorance.

When Bush was in office....

We didn't have class warfare--Nor do we now

We didn't have 50% of the population taking government handouts Thanks to the "tough situation" he caused, more are in need of assistance than ever before

We didn't worry about transparency Amazing how you discovered transparency when Obama was elected.

There was integrity in the White HouseThe same white house that allowed the lies about Pat Tillman's death to go unpunished

We had a budget every year Yeah, most didn't have the Iraq War on them

People were patrioticand flying their flags Yeah because we were upset at the terrorist attacks that happened on his watch

There was no OWS then again, Wall Street hadn't fleeced the public for TARP until Bush was going out the door.

Our credit rating had not been downgraded That much is true; that happened under Obama

We didn't increase the deficit by 5 trillion dollars When the bill came due for 2 unfunded wars and Medicare Part D, Bush was gone; you're right.

The president never sued any states Wow..really?

The man in the Oval Office loved America He still does.

Just some of the things that follows those five little words.

You left out the thousands of deaths for no reason in Iraq, the hundreds of thousands of deaths of Iraqi citizens, that he couldn't find OBL even saying he didn't care about it at one point, his wishing to privatized Social Security--and that would have lead to a total wipe out of millions thanks to the 512 point drop that occurred on his watch--it's a good thing smarter heads prevailed.

I would have been very happy to have been investing 10% of my Soc Sec payroll tax into the stock market when it was at 7,000. Investing a set amount monthly or quarterly is called dollar cost averaging, and I have done that for years with my own money. I would have made a helluva lot more money for my retirement had Bush got the scumbags to privatize Soc Sec. And, you would have done the same if you had a job.

There was a payroll tax cut almost 2 years ago. How many people do you estimate put all of that money into their retirement?

Barely into Ronald Reagan's 1984 convention speech and what did we get?

Our opponents began this campaign hoping that America has a poor memory. Well, let's take them on a little stroll down memory lane. Let's remind them of how a 4.8-percent inflation rate in 1976 became back-to-back years of double-digit inflation -- the worst since World War I -- punishing the poor and the elderly, young couples striving to start their new lives, and working people struggling to make ends meet.

and

Inflation was not some plague borne on the wind; it was a deliberate part of their official economic policy, needed, they said, to maintain prosperity. They didn't tell us that with it would come the highest interest rates since the Civil War. As average monthly mortgage payments more than doubled, home building nearly ground to a halt; tens of thousands of carpenters and others were thrown out of work.

and on and on

Read it here, and count how many times Reagan talks about the prior administration and the problems they left for poor Ron.

Ronald Reagan For President 1984 Convention Address

Stating the FACTS is a lot different than saying the Bush tax cuts caused the problem when it was the housing bubble that actually was the culprit.

Can you deny any of the statements made by Reagan?

Reagan was saying Democrats caused the problems. You're going to deny that out of obstinance no matter what I say.

bigrebnc ignorantly posts the meaning of the problem, but pretends that Freddie and Fannie were somehow just a dem plot to kill America.

In fact, both parties were responsible for the mess, which is what I said above, and I thank bigreb for (1) proving my point and (2) revealing his ignorance.

There's that Jrunk and stupid showing again.

Jah, you can't refute my point, which is you gave (once again!) the evidence proving my point as well as demonstrating your ignorance.

Jah, you can't refute my point, which is you gave (once again!) the evidence proving my point as well as demonstrating your ignorance.

Listen up stupid and you will no longer remain stupid
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM]Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown - YouTube[/ame]

President Romney will restore some sanity - and some respect - in the White House. It's nothing but a spend, spend, spend orgy right now, run by the biggest bunch of bumbling idiots since the Carter Admin.

OUT THE FUCKING DOOR IN NOVEMBER !!!!

Fucking bull shit. IF Mitt were to be elected, he would blame the disaster of his Presidency on Obama. You know he would and so would you. Blame it all on Obama.

Fuking hypocrites.

Rethugs have such a problem with spending unless a Repub is not in the wh. When a rethug is in the WH, there is no spending that is to much. No tax cut that is big enough. No war that shouldn't be fought. And none of it should be paid for. Right? Maybe a couple more perscription drug benes to get old people to vote rethug.

Fuking hypocrites.

So Barney is partially responsible, bigrebnc, we all know that.

It took a Republican Congress to continue the nonsense.

Barney did not hold a gun to the head of the majority party.

So Barney is partially responsible, bigrebnc, we all know that.

It took a Republican Congress to continue the nonsense.

Barney did not hold a gun to the head of the majority party.

I see you just looked at the pic of the video? How incredibly stupid of you too admit it?

Forum List

Back