When Bush was in office...

You left out the thousands of deaths for no reason in Iraq...
There was a reason. You just disagree with Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Kennedy, etc, as to that reason.

the hundreds of thousands of deaths of Iraqi citizens,
See above.

his wishing to privatized Social Security-
As would any thinking person

Now, how about -you- defend The Obama's failures without referring to the previous administration.

Sorry champ but Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Kennedy, etc were not given the deciding power to determine if Iraq was a threat or if they were involved in 9-11. President Bush was. He and his administration did not present the American people or Congress all the facts that were known about Saddam and his abandoned WMD programs. Those are the lies that destroyed his presidency, his legacy, and our reputation in the world.

Because these things are -clearly- more important to remember than the abject failure that has been His administration.
Typical liberal, choosing inconsequential style over serious substance.
I'm not talking about what you consider important, or what I consider important, just what will be written.
No... what you -hope- will be written.
Under any objective standard, the Obama is easily one of the worst President's we've had.

I honestly don't care what's written. The fact that you seem to be so assured he's one of the worst presidents we've had, shows your own partisanship.

I don't presonally think Bush was as bad as everyone complains, and I sure as hell don't think Obama is as wonderful as those same people trumpet. However that doesn't change the fact that Obama is and will be a historic figure, and Im positive (as long as he's reelected) all of his failures will be brushed over when they write about him in my future grandchildrens text books.

I'm not talking about what you consider important, or what I consider important, just what will be written.
Under any objective standard, the Obama is easily one of the worst President's we've had.
I honestly don't care what's written.
I doubt that.

The fact that you seem to be so assured he's one of the worst presidents we've had, shows your own partisanship.
"Under any objective standard"
Please do try again.

There was a reason. You just disagree with Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Kennedy, etc, as to that reason.

See above.

Now, how about -you- defend The Obama's failures without referring to the previous administration.
Sorry champ but Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Kennedy, etc were not given the deciding power to determine if Iraq was a threat or if they were involved in 9-11.
They all agreed that there was a reson to go into Iraq. You disagree with them.

Now, how about -you- defend The Obama's failures without referring to the previous administration...?

Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents we have ever had. Get over it and move on, you've got Mitt now.

Didn't we hear the same thing about Reagan?

Did you?

I would say that's seems reasonable, Reagan raised taxes, had high unemployment... and now he's become the icon of the Republian Party. I could see Obama becoming the democrats Reagan.

I honestly don't care what's written.
I doubt that.

The fact that you seem to be so assured he's one of the worst presidents we've had, shows your own partisanship.
"Under any objective standard"
Please do try again.

*shrug* believe what you want.

See above.

Sorry champ but Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Kennedy, etc were not given the deciding power to determine if Iraq was a threat or if they were involved in 9-11. President Bush was. He and his administration did not present the American people or Congress all the facts that were known about Saddam and his abandoned WMD programs. Those are the lies that destroyed his presidency, his legacy, and our reputation in the world.

Again, more lies. Kerry, Bill Clinton, Hilary Clinton, Gore, other world leaders and many high ranking Democrats believed as did Bush that Iraq had WMDs. It was based on intelligence gathered by not just this country but others. The United Nations also thought Iraq possessed WMDs. So spare us your blind BS.

Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents we have ever had. Get over it and move on, you've got Mitt now.

Did you?

I would say that's seems reasonable, Reagan raised taxes, had high unemployment... and now he's become the icon of the Republian Party. I could see Obama becoming the democrats Reagan.

We are talking about Bush's legacy, not Obama. Clinton is closer to the Democrats Reagan, Obama is the next Carter.

I honestly don't care what's written. The fact that you seem to be so assured he's one of the worst presidents we've had, shows your own partisanship.

I don't presonally think Bush was as bad as everyone complains, and I sure as hell don't think Obama is as wonderful as those same people trumpet. However that doesn't change the fact that Obama is and will be a historic figure, and Im positive (as long as he's reelected) all of his failures will be brushed over when they write about him in my future grandchildrens text books.

Really... Obama has made some failures? Who'd have thought...

glad to see that these are opinions only,cause the FACTS are definitely the opposite.

OK how about THESE FACTS!!!
1) $5 trillion was LOST in the dot.com bust that bubbled under Bubba!
GUESS WHAT?? That is a tax write off meaning starting in 2002 over $166 billion was not
collected as federal revenue! $166 billion!
2) $2 trillion from a minor event that happened 9/11/2001! and it cost
hundreds of thousands of JOBS, 18,000 businesses.. remember airlines didn't fly for 3 days???
That after 2003 added another $66 billion in REVENUE that wasn't paid to Federal govt.. now $233 billion!
3) Oh obviously you forgot... THE WORST HURRICANE SEASONS!!!! happened 2003 to 2008 another $1 trillion!

So you THESE facts that Bush's budgets did NOT get the revenues projected because of EVENTS not planned nor under HIS control! $266 billion a year for the last 9 years (2002 to 2011) almost $1.9 trillion UNcollected Federal Revenue!
WHY don't people like you recognize that?
YET you blame Bush for these events because YOU seem to forget them!

Finally YOU tell me Bush caused the housing collapse?
"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties. President Bush publicly called for GSE reform at least 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted. Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems. Many prominent Democrats, including House Finance Chairman Barney Frank, opposed any legislation correcting the risks posed by GSEs.

* House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) criticized
the President's warning saying:
"these two entities - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - are not facing any kind of financial crisis .The more people exaggerate these problems,
the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
(Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie
Mae," New York Times, 9/11/03)

* Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd also ignored the President's warnings and called on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," New York Times, 8/11/07)

Did you?

We are talking about Bush's legacy, not Obama. Clinton is closer to the Democrats Reagan, Obama is the next Carter.

I think Clinton could have been their Reagan, if not for the whole horn dog thing. Again, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I really think a lot hinges on reelection. If Obama becomes a one term president, he may go down as a failure, if he wins then I think it's far more likely he could become the democrats Reagan.

I actually liked Bush when he went down into ground zero, America was actually united at that point.
Its the freaken moron puppeteers behind Bush that brought us into the worse case scenario we could have gone into and are still trying to crawl out of the hole. Yes Obama has made some mistakes, I can not imagine anyone going into that mess and not make mistakes. The republican party has been trying to shake off the truth since then..Its like if You Say it enough someone will believe it eventually with our short attention spans.

Really... Obama has made some failures? Who'd have thought...

Plenty of failures. Which is why there is a real chance he will lose in November.

Bush was such a great president that he nearly wrecked the military and the economy was losing 750 thousand jobs a month when he left.

Funny how these are the first 5 words of every attempt to defend The Obama.
:doh:
Grow some intellectual honesty and call your guy out for His failures as President.

Bush was such a great president that he nearly wrecked the military and the economy was losing 750 thousand jobs a month when he left.

Funny how these are the first 5 words of every attempt to defend The Obama.
:doh:
Grow some intellectual honesty and call your guy out for His failures as President.

HEY JakeStarkey!!!

NO WE WEREN'T losing 750,000 a month!

Explain how you get that number because at the end of 2000 there were 131,826,000 people employed.

At the end of 2008 Bush's last year there were 136,790,000.

That means a total in 8 years from 2001 to 2008 a GAIN of 4,964,000 jobs.

An average of 51,708 NEW JOBS per month over 96 months

Certainly NOT 750,000 jobs lost per month as YOU said!
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

Forum List

Back