CDZ When bored out of your mind, what will you do when & if the Great Depression returns?

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
My suggestion:

Tear up all the paper you can find into as small pieces as you like and place them in a large grocery bag. I do this myself often when I am bored. A grocery bag is best because it has handles and can be easily moved around. It also holds a whole lot of confetti. :party:

Also, do not forget those wooden nickels. You will need them to barter for necessities. Good fortune and happy hunting to you.

One of the creepy characters in this movie is always tearing up paper, just in case someone thinks this creepy. idk but it does keep me busy, and eats up time, when I got nothing going and I just love confetti! :biggrin:

1. The Great Depression won't return. Why? Because time only flows in one direction.
  2. When I'm bored with an individual, I stop interacting with them and find something else to do.
  3. I can't tell you the last time I was bored with/in a situation. I always have something to read, something to write, something to do, something to ponder, or I find a way to convert a boring situation into an interesting one.

I can't tell you the last time I was bored with/in a situation. I always have something to read, something to write, something to do, something to ponder, or I find a way to convert a boring situation into an interesting one.

If you like, you can debate whether the Great Depression will return or not.

However, the main point of this thread is to imagine or pretend the U.S. was hit again with a Depression as big or bigger than the Great Depression. When and if that happens, people are not going to know what to do with themselves. Also, I am not so interested in what work you would look for in a Great Depression, but what would you do, with your time, if you cannot find paid work? There will be millions of people like that, if it does come again.

Whenever there's a downturn inna economy...

... Uncle Ferd takes Granny to town...

... to sell apples onna street corner.

I can't tell you the last time I was bored with/in a situation. I always have something to read, something to write, something to do, something to ponder, or I find a way to convert a boring situation into an interesting one.

However, the main point of this thread is to imagine or pretend the U.S. was hit again with a Depression as big or bigger than the Great Depression. When and if that happens, people are not going to know what to do with themselves. Also, I am not so interested in what work you would look for in a Great Depression, but what would you do, with your time, if you cannot find paid work? There will be millions of people like that, if it does come again.

Things I would consider doing or actually do:
  • Figure out whether I need to develop new skills if I am unemployed and need to work and begin developing them depending on what I determine.
  • Convert most of my home into an entertainment venue of some sort.
  • Volunteer to teach people skills they need and that I already possess. Build a reputation and eventually charge for the instruction.
  • Plant a vegetable garden and maybe some fruit bearing plants. Sell the excess produce.
  • Cultivate cannabis. Sell it.
  • Make beer, wine or spirits and obtain a license to sell it.
  • Learn how to hunt.
  • Look for folks who need a place to live and rent out rooms in my home.
  • Write one or several books, fiction and non-fiction. Sell them.
  • Catch up on my reading.
I would find ways to remain productive and make money through a business I create.

Republicans will advocate a program to balance the budget, Democrats a program to help people.

Being bored should be impossible. So much to do. Libraries full of books, practice juggling, whittling, crocheting or learn to play chess blindfolded etc. Take up a musical instrument. More rewarding than listening to music. Mostly all the above costs little or no money.

Last edited:
Maybe a Great Depression is something one must live through to know what it's like?

My suggestion:

Tear up all the paper you can find into as small pieces as you like and place them in a large grocery bag. I do this myself often when I am bored. A grocery bag is best because it has handles and can be easily moved around. It also holds a whole lot of confetti. :party:

Also, do not forget those wooden nickels. You will need them to barter for necessities. Good fortune and happy hunting to you.

One of the creepy characters in this movie is always tearing up paper, just in case someone thinks this creepy. idk but it does keep me busy, and eats up time, when I got nothing going and I just love confetti! :biggrin:

Make sure I have plenty of full magazines for my weapons.

I would exploit the holes in the government spending funnels that would surely come about.

Poverty is a perspective.

The world is cheap for those that demand little.

Standing in bread lines will take up considerable time.

Correct... However, this time they will be called "water lines". Otherwise, people will be scrambling for water like Mexicans looking for a rubber hose on the front lawn or like zombies searching for fresh meat.

My suggestion:

Make sure I have plenty of full magazines for my weapons.

Spitwads?

People might be so desperate for whatever scrap they can get, if they find a store open, they might even steal the pages out of magazines.

Which mags? Hustler, Playboy or Popular Mechanics?

Republicans will advocate a program to balance the budget, Democrats a program to help people.

It's odd that you'd posit that pair of actions and ascribe them as you have.

1280px-Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back